Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Guest Sabs

Hello! :) I thought it would be fun for everyone to show off their customization skills! You don't have to own or buy any NC or NP wearable items for this contest, unless you want to. The goal of this contest is to create the best looking "Dream Customization" using Dress To Impress. There will be one week to enter your customs, and one week dedicated for voting. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to mail my TDNF account (Sabs). Thanks in advance for entering!

Entering Dates for Contest #11: This contest is officially closed.

Selected theme #11: TBA

Selected species/color #11: TBA

Voting Dates/thread #10: Monday, September 29th - Sunday, October 5th (12 am NST)
http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42735-forum-customization-contest-voting-10/

Contest #10 Prizes:
First Place: Pirate petpet paint brush
petpet_pirate_pb.gif
Second Place: Staring Negg
negg_spooky_eye.gif
Third place: Pumpkin Negg
negg_spooky_pumpkin.gif

Contest #9 Voting thread:
http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42622-forum-customization-contest-voting-9/

How to play:

• Anyone can participate in this contest, as long as they have a TDNF account created. There are no entry fees.
  • You will be using DTI(Dress to impress) to come up with your customs based on the selected theme.You can enter one of your customized neopets as long as it abides by the current theme/specie selection.
  • If the contest does not have a species, selected then you can choose any neopet species(Including UCs) and color.
  • You can only submit one pet entry, unless the current theme states otherwise.
  • Post your customization image, or the link to DTI to this thread within the enter date.
  • A new thread titled, "Customization Contest Votes" will be created with a poll for our voting process. (Suggestion from Katsuokai)
  • I will preview all the submitted entries on the voting thread.
  • The Top 3 multiple voted customs will have a special display on the voting thread. You will also receive an awesome trophy to display on your user look-up or profile.
  • If you would like your entry cropped in a design software for better quality for the voting thread, then type "Crop" anywhere in your customization entry post.
  • If for any reason Sabs is not able to be online to update the customization contest or voting thread, Shelley will be a backup host to run the contest.

Rules:

• You can't vote for yourself
  • Don't copy anyone's custom.
  • You can edit your customization only during the entering dates listed above. Click the Edit Button on your original entry post, and replace your old image with the new one.
  • Please don't use any of the trophy images from the Forum Customization Contest unless you have permission from Sabs or Shelley.
  • Do not use design programs to enhance your customization entry, unless you are only cropping it for better quality due to a DTI wearable glitch.
  • If you won't be available for a contest entry week, mail (Sabs) to have you entry posted early.
  • Please don't go off-topic with posts. This thread is primarily for contest entries. Comments on entries are fine. This will help keep the contest professional and organized. Thanks!

Dress To Impress Link:
http://impress.openneo.net/

Linking your Image from DTI:
TDNF uses BBcode for image linking. On the right of the screen in DTI, click on the "Share" tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "BBcode" tab. You will see different sizes of links available. You can choose any size you'd like. Highlight all of the code, and copy it. Paste this code to the thread for your entry.
Note: If your picture does not show up, double check the code you linked. Most likely you did not copy the complete code.

Click the thread below to link your alternative customization for the contest theme. (created by Lady Lyuba)

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41697-customization-contest-honorable-mentions/

Trophy Designer: Shelley

gold.pngsilver.pngbronze.pngparticipanyfourteen.png

Banner Team-(open to anyone that would like to help)
Katsuokai
http://imgur.com/a/hhLPf#0

Thank you for donating! xD
Donators:
Shelley x3
Katsuokai x2
Sabs x2
Hert123 x2
Emily_speck_15(x2) Items donated: ( Two starry bori morphing potions)
Spritzie
Saxen
Yeahlatte x2- Donated 5 Fried Egg items, 14 sets of Dark Nova/Nova items
Azurablue x3- Red Poogle Morphing Potion x2, Starry Grarrl Morphing Potion

Donation Till: 40,010 nps.

This looks really fun Sabrina! I'll definitely be entering! :D so is there going to be a theme before we start customizing? I may have some suggestions :p

Guest Sabs

Thanks Shelley! :) I'm really curious to see what people come up with, since there are no limitations. There isn't a set theme right now, but I'm definitely open to any! :D

I like this idea! Even if there was no prize I still think it'd be a fun TDN forum board game/contest thing. Will be fun to see what people come up with.

This is a neat idea.

Alright, I decided to see what I could create to showcase my favorite background (and probably my all-time favorite Neopian item ever):

The static image is messed up, so here's a link to the outfit. (Plus that way you get to see all the moving bits...)

ETA: As I was creating this, I was thinking, "Man, there are so many pretty, beachy (i.e., gallery-fitting) wearables that I never even realized existed... and then I just double-checked and realized they're nearly all NC. No wonder I never paid attention! Myncis are hard to dress, and that dress is really flattering, so I may have to splurge, if I can scrape enough NC together somehow.

Edit: I feel bad that I was the only one who didn't include a picture. This is why; please click through to see it without the big ugly red-yellow-white blob on it (I don't know what's causing that -- maybe one of the animated parts? I tried removing some of them, but it didn't go away) Sabs fixed my image for me, so here it is (thanks, Sabs!)::

11ghkr4.png

Edited by siniri

Guest Sabs

This is a neat idea.

Alright, I decided to see what I could create to showcase my favorite background (and probably my all-time favorite Neopian item ever):

The static image is messed up, so here's a link to the outfit. (Plus that way you get to see all the moving bits...)

ETA: As I was creating this, I was thinking, "Man, there are so many pretty, beachy (i.e., gallery-fitting) wearables that I never even realized existed... and then I just double-checked and realized they're nearly all NC. No wonder I never paid attention! Myncis are hard to dress, and that dress is really flattering, so I may have to splurge, if I can scrape enough NC together somehow.

Oh wow, very lovely custom! :) Thank you for entering! It's going to be tough to choose a vote. lol I don't blame you for wanting to splurge, that dress is beautiful on the mynci!

I like this idea! Even if there was no prize I still think it'd be a fun TDN forum board game/contest thing. Will be fun to see what people come up with.

Thanks! I'm really curious to see too! :)

I recently got into customisation via dress to impress. Too bad the prettiest items are NC!

This is a wonderful idea! I'm definitely entering!

Btw, are UC pets allowed?

Guest Sabs

I recently got into customisation via dress to impress. Too bad the prettiest items are NC!

This is a wonderful idea! I'm definitely entering!

Btw, are UC pets allowed?

Sounds fun, and I can't wait to see your entry! :) I agree, some of the prettiest items are NC. I wish I had more! lol UCs are allowed. =)

Sounds fun, and I can't wait to see your entry! :) I agree, some of the prettiest items are NC. I wish I had more! lol UCs are allowed. =)

Do I need to post an image, a link to a image or the link to DTI?

I think you need to state that in your main post ;)

Guest Sabs

Do I need to post an image, a link to a image or the link to DTI?

I think you need to state that in your main post ;)

I already stated in the main post, to add your customization image to the thread. To make it more clear, you can link the image URL or the link to DTI if you'd like.

I already stated in the main post, to add your customization image to the thread. To make it more clear, you can link the image URL or the link to DTI if you'd like.

No I have read that. I meant you should state that it's allowed to use UC pets! Sorry for the confusion, haha. One last question: Can I send multiple entries?

Guest Sabs

No I have read that. I meant you should state that it's allowed to use UC pets! Sorry for the confusion, haha. One last question: Can I send multiple entries?

No problem! lol Any species is allowed, including UCs. I'll make a special emphasis for UC pets. =) You can submit only one pet entry.

I loved making this!

The link including all the moving bits

medium_preview.png

The story:

This Royalgirl Kyrii (UC) is called Aneira. She is the ruler of a small town, named Eira. It is hidden behind Terror Mountain, and only the bravest Neopians can find the Eira. Her heart has been frozen a long, long time ago and her wings were taken away by Fyora, the reason why is unknown. But it could be it was because of the fact that Aneira is related to Taelia, the snow Faerie.. Because of this, she hides away in her Icy Tower and never talks to anybody. But maybe, one day, the bravest and warmest Neopian will find a way to Eira and will melt Aneira's frozen heart.

I agree with Dawn, this doesn't even need a prize...I enjoy customizing pets way too much...especially with item and pets I could never have XD hahah

this may be subject to change (seriously I might end up changing my mind and editing this whole post)...but since recently discussing my favorite book, "The Night Circus" I thought I would build off that theme :)

reveur.jpg

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/679889

For all of you that don't know that book I'm talking about: The circus arrives and leaves without warning. Only open from dusk till dawn, the attractions withing this mysterious place are unlike any traditional circus. Guests can walk on clouds or visit gardens blooming with flowers made of ice. Followers of the circus known as Reveurs or "Dreamers" wear bits of red to show their support of the black and white themed circus. But unknowingly to most, the circus holds a secret; a dark competition.

This is an amazing idea! By the way, I didn't know there was a dress to impress site.. This would have helped me in the past!

Great idea Sabs, I really like it! :D Although I think it would have been better if we had a theme, but I must admit that freestyle is a lot of fun! ;D The only big problem with that is that everyone has different tastes, thus skewing the votes to a particular theme you like. To put an example: I like steampunk, but someone else might hate it and that would probably make me not earn that persons vote no matter how good my customization is.

Some of my suggestions for themes are:

1. Everyone has to customize the same neopet species.
2. Everyone has to customize pets of the same colour.
3. It has to fit a particular theme like e. g. darkness/light, ice/fire, magic user, warrior, cyberpunk, carnival, candy kingdom, a particular colour scheme, inhabitant of a particular region of Neopia, etc. .
4. Any combination of the above themes.

If this becomes an ongoing competition here on the forums you could start a donation pool so we always have a prize for the winner, but it doesn't need a prize! I would join with or without a prize. ;) You could also start another thread with a poll so we could vote for next competitions theme. Also, maybe some user could design a trophy so we can display it on our user lookups? ^_^?

OK, this was a long post... . :P Have fun customizing everyone. May the best customization win! :D

Finally, here's my entry (click on the image to see it animated):

fycJrs8.png

Guest Sabs

I've been working on customizing my Relic Shoyru, and while the final product is still a bit outside my price range, it looks rad as heck:

AYJ9IBy.jpg

And here's the link to the animated version!

Rad is right! :) Thanks for entering!

Great idea! I would love to join in! I don't have the customization idea down yet, but hopefully I will soon! :D I wish everyone luck on entering the contest!

Yay, the more customs the better! I'm looking forward to seeing your entry! :) You can perfect and change your customs until the voting period starts.

This is an amazing idea! By the way, I didn't know there was a dress to impress site.. This would have helped me in the past!

Thanks! DTI has saved my customizing life. lol I use it anytime I buy any wearable items.

I agree with Dawn, this doesn't even need a prize...I enjoy customizing pets way too much...especially with item and pets I could never have XD hahah

this may be subject to change (seriously I might end up changing my mind and editing this whole post)...but since recently discussing my favorite book, "The Night Circus" I thought I would build off that theme :)

reveur.jpg

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/679889

For all of you that don't know that book I'm talking about: The circus arrives and leaves without warning. Only open from dusk till dawn, the attractions withing this mysterious place are unlike any traditional circus. Guests can walk on clouds or visit gardens blooming with flowers made of ice. Followers of the circus known as Reveurs or "Dreamers" wear bits of red to show their support of the black and white themed circus. But unknowingly to most, the circus holds a secret; a dark competition.

Beautiful mystical black and white theme! It's cool you chose to represent The circus book! :D Thanks for entering!

Ooh, I'm definitely getting in on this!

medium_preview.png

How about a cute little zombie?

This is pretty cool for zombie! I love the dirt on his face with that shovelT. Thanks for entering!

I loved making this!

The link including all the moving bits

medium_preview.png

The story:

This Royalgirl Kyrii (UC) is called Aneira. She is the ruler of a small town, named Eira. It is hidden behind Terror Mountain, and only the bravest Neopians can find the Eira. Her heart has been frozen a long, long time ago and her wings were taken away by Fyora, the reason why is unknown. But it could be it was because of the fact that Aneira is related to Taelia, the snow Faerie.. Because of this, she hides away in her Icy Tower and never talks to anybody. But maybe, one day, the bravest and warmest Neopian will find a way to Eira and will melt Aneira's frozen heart.

I wish I more "likes" to give a day! Very beautiful, and nice story! I love to make up characterizations for my pets.

Great idea Sabs, I really like it! :D Although I think it would have been better if we had a theme, but I must admit that freestyle is a lot of fun! ;D The only big problem with that is that everyone has different tastes, thus skewing the votes to a particular theme you like. To put an example: I like steampunk, but someone else might hate it and that would probably make me not earn that persons vote no matter how good my customization is.

3. It has to fit a particular theme like e. g. darkness/light, ice/fire, magic user, warrior, cyberpunk, carnival, candy kingdom, a particular colour scheme, inhabitant of a particular region of Neopia, etc. .

If this becomes an ongoing competition here on the forums you could start a donation pool so we always have a prize for the winner, but it doesn't need a prize! I would join with or without a prize. ;) You could also start another thread with a poll so we could vote for next competitions theme. Also, maybe some user could design a trophy so we can display it on our user lookups? ?

OK, this was a long post... . Have fun customizing everyone. May the best customization win! :D

Finally, here's my entry (click on the image to see it animated):

medium_preview.png

Thank you! :D I would love to have a set theme for the next one. The freestyle theme is definitely going to be challenge to get votes. xP All the theme suggestions you mentioned are great, and I think everyone will have a lot of fun with them!

A new thread with a poll would be much better! Voting will be a lot more organized, and human errors will be prevented.

I'm glad everyone feels a prize is not needed! I'm a sucker for giving out prizes. lol A donation pool would be pretty cool. I can keep a counter in my siggie to show the status amount. Anyone that is generous enough to donate will be listed for recognition. I do graphics, but I'm not pro. haha If anyone would like to create a trophy or banner to go with this contest, then I'm all for it! :)

I appreciate all your ideas and entering! c:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If this becomes an ongoing competition here on the forums you could start a donation pool so we always have a prize for the winner, but it doesn't need a prize! I would join with or without a prize. ;) You could also start another thread with a poll so we could vote for next competitions theme. Also, maybe some user could design a trophy so we can display it on our user lookups? ^_^?

" Also, maybe some user could design a trophy so we can display it on our user lookups? "

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! haha I designed the trophies for a guild customization activity and it was so much fun :p

also that's funny I was going to suggest a steampunk theme XD anything steampunk would probably get my vote lol

Guest Sabs

" Also, maybe some user could design a trophy so we can display it on our user lookups? "

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! haha I designed the trophies for a guild customization activity and it was so much fun :P

also that's funny I was going to suggest a steampunk theme XD anything steampunk would probably get my vote lol

Yay, thanks Shelley! :D I'm a fan of your art, so I'm sure the trophies will look amazing! Haha, the steampunk theme is racking up votes!

Thank you! :D I would love to have a set theme for the next one. The freestyle theme is definitely going to be challenge to get votes. xP All the theme suggestions you mentioned are great, and I think everyone will have a lot of fun with them!

A new thread with a poll would be much better! Voting will be a lot more organized, and human errors will be prevented.

I'm glad everyone feels a prize is not needed! :D I'm a sucker for giving out prizes. lol A donation pool would be pretty cool. I can keep a counter in my siggie to show the status amount. Anyone that is generous enough to donate will be listed for recognition. I do graphics, but I'm not pro. haha If anyone would like to create a trophy or banner to go with this contest, then I'm all for it! :)

I appreciate all your ideas and entering! c:

Glad to see my ideas are appreciated! ;D A poll is indeed the best way to prevent human errors and it will also cut down the amount of work you would have had keeping track of everything. ;)

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! haha I designed the trophies for a guild customization activity and it was so much fun :P

Yes please, make a nice trophy for the contest! ;D It would be awesome if this actually becomes an ongoing competition on the forum, so trophies, banners,... anything that can serve as promotion for the contest would be great. Maybe I'll try to do a banner for the competition, but I am also not a pro so I don't promise anything. Been a long time since I last tried doing a forum signature so it could be fun to at least try doing one. If anyone does a nice banner I'll use that until I make a signature of my own. ;)

Maybe next competition will be steampunk themed then?! :P /haha As someone whose favourite part of Neopia is Moltara, that theme would be really fun! ;D

Guest Sabs

Glad to see my ideas are appreciated! ;D A poll is indeed the best way to prevent human errors and it will also cut down the amount of work you would have had keeping track of everything. ;)

Yes please, make a nice trophy for the contest! ;D It would be awesome if this actually becomes an ongoing competition on the forum, so trophies, banners,... anything that can serve as promotion for the contest would be great. Maybe I'll try to do a banner for the competition, but I am also not a pro so I don't promise anything. Been a long time since I last tried doing a forum signature so it could be fun to at least try doing one. If anyone does a nice banner I'll use that until I make a signature of my own. ;)

Maybe next competition will be steampunk themed then?! :P /haha As someone whose favourite part of Neopia is Moltara, that theme would be really fun! ;D

I'd love if this became an on going competition for the forum! =) That would be great if you can make a banner. I'm going to attempt to make one, and possibly some buttons.

Haha, so far steampunk is in the lead for our next theme! :)

Oooh, how exciting! I'm gonna hop on over to Dress and Impress :) Some of these customizations are already quite beautiful!

Thanks xrazydiamond! :D I can't wait to see what you come up with! Voting is going to be difficult but fun! lol