Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Ooooh I want to get started but the AC has my busy. *sigh* Maybe after I place my caps for the day I can do an underwater theme. I can't think of any ideas right now unfortunately.

I just remembered I have a Koi who has a beautiful customization. That won't qualify, of course, so I'll try to create something that lives up to that with even better items that I don't even have.

Finally managed to remember to enter before it was too late!

medium_preview.png

Link for animations

She has dressed her best since it's Maraqua's first time hosting the official Neopia New Years celebration. She's excited to make her best impression and show Maraqua's best side.

Fortunately, I just had to change the background. I figured the statues would be just as likely underwater--especially magical statues. :D

medium_preview.png

(Psst..the statues move and her eyes glow! Clickety-click! :D )

Just something simple that I whipped together real fast. I kind of imagined her in an underwater city, located in a little air pocket somewhere (otherwise there couldn't be waterfalls, and I don't think Zafaras can breathe underwater xP).

Click here for the animated bits.

preview.png

Ooo pretty! This one reminds me of the Disney movie Atlantis!

BAHAHAHAA! This one is officially my favorite XDDDDDD Also, this makes your entry really stand out for using a deep sea exploring theme, something nobody else has done so far.

Ooo pretty! This one reminds me of the Disney movie Atlantis!

I was thinking the same thing for that one - white hair, air pocket, waterfalls, Maractite, plus the title was even "Atlantis"! Yay for references!

I ended up doing three different customizations, as new ideas came to mind while I was experimenting. I can only enter one, so I have to decide which I liked most. Not sure if I can even link to the other two ideas, after entering one.

I've decided to go with this one, because I haven't seen any entries with Koi, let alone something that simply takes place underwater and has less to do with the sea itself. This Koi is throwing a tea party down in Maraqua!

medium_preview.png

(clicking on the image should bring you to the page on DTI with animations)

I'd love to share the other two even though they're not entries, but I don't think that's allowed here. :P

Mistress Lyuba, perhaps you should make your own thread to show off your creations?

(Perhaps it should be entitled, "Customization Honorable Mentions" or some such and we can all post. :) )

I had no idea what to start with, but I'm in love with what I came up with!

preview.png

This is Lythia. She's a part of the Royal Family in Maraqua and although King Kelpbeard would never admit it, Lythia is necessary to keep Maraqua safe from another pirate attack. She's a sorcerer and can bend water to anything she wants. Her favorite plants are coral plants. She loves to scatter them all over in Maraqua, but King Kelpbeard wouldn't be happy with that. She mostly stays on the background, hiding in the highest tower of the Maraqua Castle, but occasionally talking to Maraquan Petpets, who adore her as if she was their queen. Lythia is very happy with her life in Maraqua and will stay in Maraqua as long as she's needed there.

Click here to go to the Dress to Impress page for all the moving parts

Oh my, such beautiful and unique customs for Underwater! :) Thanks for entering everyone! The voting round is going to be so difficult! lol

Lady Lybua- You are right, this thread is only for the entries, but I'd love to see the other customs you came up with! :D I agree with Novelista about making a separate thread so we can all comment on them.

Mistress Lyuba, perhaps you should make your own thread to show off your creations?

(Perhaps it should be entitled, "Customization Honorable Mentions" or some such and we can all post. :) )

Oh my, such beautiful and unique customs for Underwater! :) Thanks for entering everyone! The voting round is going to be so difficult! lol

Lady Lybua- You are right, this thread is only for the entries, but I'd love to see the other customs you came up with! :D I agree with Novelista about making a separate thread so we can all comment on them.

That's a brilliant idea. We should do that. :D I'll make the thread!! Should it be under "Contests?"

Edit: Heeeeeeeeeeere it is!! http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41697-customization-contest-honorable-mentions/ If it's in the wrong place, it can always be moved.

Edited by Lady Lyuba

preview.png

Zombie Flotsam is here to remind you guys to keep our oceans clean!

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/699280

foreground is animated

I know it's not typically what you'd expect for an underwater theme

Lady Lyuba- Thanks for creating it! :D I can link it to the first post of this thread for reference, if you'd like.

Navy- Haha, I like it! The poor Flotsam is holding a bottle of poison.:P

Lady Lyuba- Thanks for creating it! :D I can link it to the first post of this thread for reference, if you'd like.

Yes, go ahead, please! :D I'd love that.

Whew, I cut it close. I blame the AC. :P

641d3r.png

Notice: Novelista has requested for her entry to be removed, because she will no longer be around the forum.

I know it's far too late to enter, so this is just because it's what I would have entered had I come back to TDN earlier. Of course, I probably can't enter my Talishula a second time anyway, so it's okay. She's perfect for the underwater theme. No story, since she's just my little Jubjub.

medium_preview.png

Round #3 is officially closed. The voting thread is created.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks Hert! :D I agree, this round will be difficult since we have 18 entries!!

Azura- As a tribute for coming back to the forums and since a contestant(siniri) has vouched for you, I have entered you into this round! :)