Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

I realize that I missed the deadline for the contest, but I thought I'd share what I had made before the contest started (and I'm kicking myself for forgetting to submit it!) anyway.

Actually, never mind. I can't figure out how to make my DTI customization show up here anyway. -_- The Paste function never seems to work for me on the Forums. :sad01_anim:

Grenthine- Aww that's okay! There will be plenty more contests that you can join in! :) I'll send you a mail about linking your customization from DTI.

Contest #6 is now open for entries! Congratulations to our top 3 voted winners! :D

.Brianna., yeahlatte, and Sprtizie

Great job to everyone! Runner-ups will receive an awesome participation trophy along with an extra surprise.

Selected theme for Contest #6: Nerdy. Selected species: Any

medium_preview.png

This Kacheek just can't spend enough time around books! As an aspiring novelist herself, she spend all of her time in the library and hopes to read every book in Neopia.

Click for moving pieces ^_^

A Napoleon Dynamite customization is so hard to do, GOSH!

medium_preview.png

"Just tell them that their wildest dreams will come true if they vote for you"

-Napoleon Dynamite

medium_preview.png

"God," thought Brucita, "I don't understand why my parents forced me to come to this lame party when I could be back at home working on algebraic theory... Oh well, at least they let me take my book this time."

OMG, I love this. This looks so real. *hahahaha*

medium_preview.png

"Games, games, GAMES! I can't get enough of them! I play all day, I play all night.... I even turned myself plushie so I could look like a prize! I may never get gold, but I will never stop playing games."

preview.png

Hello, I'm new here, and found this contest! I hope what I'm doing is right. ^_^ Good luck to all participants!

I looked in the history and saw that you can add a story or caption or whatever! Here is mine:

"Ahh! I simply love magic! The thought of spellbooks, magic wands... It's amazing! Call me nerdy, but it's your opinion!" The Kacheek exclaims. He looks at you curiously. "Hmm, you don't agree?" He muses."Well... Let's see if this will change your mind." He looks around. "Ah, yes! This Negg will be the perfect example!" The Kacheek faces you again. "You see this plain, yellow, Negg? What happens if I—" He pauses dramatically, then points the tip of his wand at the Negg.

"Expulso!"

preview.png

Dress to Impress

Penelope has always been a shy girl. She's quiet and reserved though, she really loves nature. She also loves books and can usually be found outside reading.

Though, whenever she finishes a book, she must come back to the library and pick out a new one.

Very interesting variations of "Nerdy"! C:

Welcome to the forum Just_in_time12! I'm glad you entered the contest, and you did it right! :)

minniemeggi- I'm glad you entered and good luck! ^^

ih1bg2.png

"Oops, my robotics project got out of hand! Where is the off button?!"

7ffpCAK.png

The opportunity to cosplay as Hanso the great Ixi Thief at Neopia Central's Comic-Con was something this Pirate Grundo couldn't pass up. He has always admired Hanso's ability to steal powerful magical artifacts with ease and hoped that one day he would be such a great pirate as Hanso's a talented thief. Also, finally being able to play the new TCG Magic: The Faerie's Curse instead of NeoPoker with the other pirates was irresistible for him... .

PS Already cropped for better viewing quality.

friedegg.gif

Yeahlatte has donated some Fried Eggs as a humorous prize, for all previous runner-ups that entered for the "Fashion egg" theme. :P If your neopet username isn't available on your account here, and you want your eggs lol, you can mail my account(Sabs).

Kasuokai- Nice entry! The Neopia Central Comic-Con is creative! :)

Yeahlatte has donated some Fried Eggs as a humorous prize, for all previous runner-ups that entered for the "Fashion egg" theme. :P If your neopet username isn't available on your account here, and you want your eggs lol, you can mail my account(Sabs).

Kasuokai- Nice entry! The Neopia Central Comic-Con is creative! :)

/haha I was really wondering why you sent me a Fried Egg. That's a hilarious runner-up prize. xP *Tips hat to Yeahlatte*

Thank you! I'm quite happy with my entry this time. ;) Now I kinda want my own Grundo to look like Hanso... . :P

I'm entering my Cloud Lenny, SIlenses. He's my Tenth Doctor custom, so I figured I couldn't beat that for the theme. ;) Silence(er.. Silenses) in the Library with his trusty sonic wrench(Oh please, TNT, make a screwdriver!" hiding from the shadows. xD

If you get it, then you're as nerdy as I am. :)

So many great entries here! I have no idea how I"m going to choose when voting time comes!

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Silenses

medium_preview.png

This one was so fun, it was so hard to pick out the one I wanted to use because I was able to make so many awesome pets.

With Comic Con happening recently, this theme could not come at a more perfect time. I see plenty of bookish library nerds, but not as many of the cosplay variety. And what could be more nerdy than Star Trek?

medium_preview.png

Attendees everywhere gathered in awe of this Grundo's cosplay. She looked just like the character from the popular comic book, Space Adventures. With cameras ready, many asked for her picture, and she posed extravagantly and in character. In fact, she even acted the part for some fans! But all this attention wasn't the main reason she was here, oh no, she was here to compete in the cosplay competition, and was determined to take home a prize. She knew the judges were harsh, and she needed to truly amaze them in order to have a chance at winning. That was the purpose behind the laser gun she crafted, making it look just like it did in the comic book, and it helped enough to look a lot like the character already, who was also a Brown Grundo. Everything was made from scratch, from the wig down to the boots, which would be another aspect the judges would be looking for: craftsmanship. She felt that she had a chance, but seeing many other talented cosplays intimidated her. Off she headed in line for the contest, which would start in another two hours...

• 2 weeks later...

Contest #7 is now open and new prizes are updated! :D

Theme: Real life person/character Species/color: Any

Congratulations to our top 3 voted winners for contest #6!

First place:

Katsuokai

Second place winners:

Shelley, Yeahlatte, Spritzie

Third place winner:

Just_in_time12

Great job to everyone, and all runner-ups for contest #6 can claim this participation trophy! :) You can link it anywhere you'd like.

participantsix.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/PancakesAtTheDisco/participantsix.png