Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Woot!!! I won! :happydance: Now I can proudly display the 1st place trophies of both TDN's FCC and Neopets Customisation Spotlight on my user lookup. Hehe. :D

Here's my entry for the current contest:

jfpgk6v.png

''Off with her head!''

Henry VIII, King of England.

PS The image is already cropped for better viewing quality. ;)

I'm still deciding. lol I love the entries so far! xD

Ddeboratibi- I'm glad you entered, and you did it right! You can choose any real life person/character(fictional/non-fictional) to represent in your customization. :)

I think what we should have done was separate real people for one contest and fictional characters for another. Sorry, just my opinion, but that way we wouldn't have to choose, as some of us would love to do both.
But since most people are going with fictional characters, I decided to go the real person route to balance things out. Did my best, and I hope you like! Don't forget to click on the picture for the moving parts! Could have added more I suppose, but I couldn't find anything more to emulate Michael Jackson or the Thriller more. I imagine that he would have been a Halloween Kyrii.

medium_preview.png

"'Cause this is THRILLER, THRILLER NIIIIGHT

And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike

Yeah this is THRILLER, THRILLER NIIIIIGHT

You're fighting for your life inside a KILLER! THRILLER! TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

EDIT: Updated my entry. The werewolf wig just needed to be added. I know Michael only appears as the werewolf in the movie sequence of the music video and not during the dance number when he was a zombie, but I think this looks better than an Zombie Kyrii.

I also just could NOT find a wig that emulated Michael Jackson no matter how much I looked.

You guys are pretty on point with the species chosen for your customization. xD

Lady- The theme was posted a week before this contest round started. I could have made them separate themes, if I knew about your opinion before the contest started. =) Since it's open to either, it's interesting to see which approach members will pursue.

You guys are pretty on point with the species chosen for your customization. xD

Lady- The theme was posted a week before this contest round started. I could have made them separate themes, if I knew about your opinion before the contest started. =) Since it's open to either, it's interesting to see which approach members will pursue.

Oh? Sorry! I've been really busy so I haven't been on here much, just once in a while to post an entry or vote on one XD

Oh? Sorry! I've been really busy so I haven't been on here much, just once in a while to post an entry or vote on one XD

That's alright! =) I'm sorry you've been really busy lately!

Please, please, please forgive me, Totu.... but who is this? There's no name of the person (or character).

I'm sorry but how could you not know who she is when she has been EVERYWHERE since Frozen came out last year? She's Elsa. I don't think you have to see the movie to even know who she is....lots of people haven't yet they still know who Elsa and Anna are.

I'm sorry but how could you not know who she is when she has been EVERYWHERE since Frozen came out last year? She's Elsa. I don't think you have to see the movie to even know who she is....lots of people haven't yet they still know who Elsa and Anna are.

:sad01_anim: Sorry that you feel that way, Lady, but I haven't seen it and actively avoid anything to do with Disney animation, especially that which is related to "fairy tales". I was not aware of the character. I suppose that makes me stupid, but I simply didn't know. Since there will be a strong story tie-in this fall when Once Upon A Time starts its new season, I'll find out about Frozen then.

No offense meant to Totu. :)

:sad01_anim: Sorry that you feel that way, Lady, but I haven't seen it and actively avoid anything to do with Disney animation, especially that which is related to "fairy tales". I was not aware of the character. I suppose that makes me stupid, but I simply didn't know. Since there will be a strong story tie-in this fall when Once Upon A Time starts its new season, I'll find out about Frozen then.

Do you mean you don't like Disney movies or faerie tales? I just wonder how it is possible to even avoid Frozen when it was everywhere, people making references to it and all...I didn't mean to come off as rude, and I'm glad you didn't take offense. I can be very blunt. But no, it doesn't make you stupid.

But, if you don't like Disney, I would not suggest watching OUAT because of the show's characters being loosely based off of their Disney counterparts.

No offense taken. :) Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Disney, but this one is better than the others. Instead of marrying some stupid prince (sorry but those kind of movies are too cheesy) it's more about family love. I think you'll like it. ;)

And, if it makes you feel better, I edited my original post so it shows her name. ^_^

KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/745790

(I wanted to use the orange warlock wig but due to the fact that when I was little,the main thing I remembered about dragonball z was the crazy hair...so emphisis on the CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEE)

No offense taken. :) Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Disney, but this one is better than the others. Instead of marrying some stupid prince (sorry but those kind of movies are too cheesy) it's more about family love. I think you'll like it. ;)

And, if it makes you feel better, I edited my original post so it shows her name. ^_^

I say marrying a prince is more dated than cheesy, reflecting a time period whose standards we no longer believe in. Elsa even said in Frozen: "You can't marry a man you just met." Frozen is modern and even feminist, so I recommend it, Azurablue.

But we should end the conversation here because this is not the right board for it.

Do you mean you don't like Disney movies or faerie tales? I just wonder how it is possible to even avoid Frozen when it was everywhere, people making references to it and all...I didn't mean to come off as rude, and I'm glad you didn't take offense. I can be very blunt. But no, it doesn't make you stupid.

But, if you don't like Disney, I would not suggest watching OUAT because of the show's characters being loosely based off of their Disney counterparts.

One last comment because I don't know where else to post it. :laughingsmiley:

I am a big fan of OUAT and of the original tales (Grimm's and Anderson's), not what Disney has done to them. They were originally morality tales meant to teach children how to be good people and show them what being bad or immoral can get you. They rarely had happy endings. Why do I like OUAT? It's for an adult market and not representing itself as "the real thing". Disney caters to small children. The message is not getting to the audience that most needs it. Why? Because it would never sell if it were done as the tales were orginally told. *shrug* So, I avoid all Disney animation. There are only a few real life movies I indulge in, such as the Pirates Of The Caribbean series.... and that's mostly because of Johnny Depp.

That's it. All I have to say about it. Thanks to both Lady and Totu for explaining it to me and for your understanding. No offense was ever meant to Disney fans.

Sabs: How about pirates only, any species? Historical or fictional, serious or funny.... doesn't matter as long as it's a pirate. (Maybe this is was already suggested?)

I wonder if it's possible to do something that's themed to our mini sidekicks, the PetPets? That might make a good challenge.

You are free to discuss things in Private Messages. Please don't hijack the topic as I don't want to delete your posts just to clean it up. Remember that going off topic makes it harder for Sabs to find the entries for this round if the thread is flooded with posts that are not entries.

preview.png

"I won't cut my beard and I won't change my hair,
It grows like fancy flowers but it grows nowhere."

[brendon Urie]

Dress to Impress

Tinker Bell! :D
My daughter has become obsessed with Tinker Bell and so have I. <3

medium_preview.png

This outfit is animated so for the full view please click. :)

Note: A new contest rule has been added to the first post of this thread.

medium_preview.png

Captain Jack, tired from being at sea too long! :P

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Contest #8 is now open for entries, and the prizes are updated! :)

Selected theme: Light vs Dark. Submit two customization images as a single entry, one representing good and one representing evil. The best contrast between them wins.

Selected Species/color: Peophin(any color)- This species should be in one of your entries(Light or Dark)