Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Hey Guys! I had so much fun with this! I'm not sure how to do the links and screen shots, so here goes!

I went with two Poephins. I've had a super long week so they don't have much of a story. I imagined them being Sister Witches. One following the light and one the Darkness.

Here is the Light Peophin along with her link:

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/749573

And the Dark:

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/747756

Thanks for looking!

These are SO much fun! Is there a limit as to how many times we can participate? I'd like to be here every week if I can, but I don't want to seem greedy, unfair, obnoxious, etc. Please let me know! Anyway, here's my entry:

Epic Battle: Light vs Dark

9h30d4.jpg

a9xw0y.jpg

It was very fun to do two customizations as a single entry this time around, but oh man, it sure was hard to settle down with two that I liked and that also fitted the theme!

Here's my entry (click on the images to see them animated on DTI):

7dhdgPk.png o0Z3bf1.png

The Guardian of Light had been able to bring light to even the deepest of Neopia's oceans for centuries, but sadly, due to her lack of hind legs she has not ever been able to climb up to the darkest caves of Terror Mountain. Sadly, without any light to shine on them for so long, the creatures inhabiting this place soon became lifeless and angry. Especially the poor Boris that had for so long inhabited Terror Mountain's caves without ever seeing the light. After all these centuries in permanent darkness, the Boris began a horrible transformation into wretched creatures, only longing to bring darkness to all of Neopia since they no longer were able to endure the slightest hint of light without being blinded by it's brightness. Will the Guardian of Light ever find a way to restore the Boris and the rest of the creatures that inhabit the mountain to their former glory or will soon all of Neopia know what it feels like to live in permanent darkness?

PS The images are already cropped for better viewing quality.

These are some awesome customs so far! :D

LillytheGrundo- You linked the images right and nice customs! =)

deboratibi- No, there are no limitations. ^^ Everyone can participate as many times as they want. I'm glad you are having fun!

Excellent! :thumbsup:

I was wondering, has there been a Mythology category? I thought that might be an interesting one for future contests, if it hasn't been done already. We could recreate mythological creatures, gods/goddesses and so on. What do you think?

woo! okay finally managed to crop! They're linked to their outfit pages and stuff still...I think I did this right o.o

sun.jpgmoon.jpg

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

-Steve Martin

Goodness, I debated between a bunch of alternatives. lol

9rtwn8.png14qhrl.png

You would never guess these Peophins are related. They are twin sisters. One was destined to cause great destruction, and the other to restore peace. They were separated at birth, but one day their paths will cross.

deboratibi - I like the mythology theme! :) There should be a good variety of wearable items for it. We could do that next!

Okay, this is my first time trying for this contest, so bear with me and my simplicity :*

Since I've started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic lately, this is my try at Princess Celestia (light) and her younger sister, Nightmare Moon (dark) :)

(you should click them for movement, especially Nightmare Moon which got extremely weird while still :mellow: )

medium_preview.png

medium_preview.png

preview.png

preview.png

Um well, my Dark one's story is that she's training to be a witch. So she tries to steal a spell. if you click on the picture you can see her eyes moving about like "Oh darn, is someone behind me?"

And for the Light well, she's a cloud princess that's worried about the dark clouds above her which the work of my Dark witch.

They were best friends of course.

Wow! Everyone's got such awesome entries, I don't stand a chance. *lol*

Poor Gwendolyne! Her pretending to be the bravest in Neopia has gotten her into deep water this time. When the stories began to swirl around the town about a missing child and a ghostly presence haunting the centuries' old mansion on the edge of town, she bragged about how she would simply march right up to that spooky phantom and easily defeat it with her Sword of Fiery Flames. The townspeople, not realizing that it was all talk and no walk, called upon her to send the ghost packing. With everyone cheering her on as she set out for the distant house, she hadn't the courage to tell them she was just play-acting and her sword was only a toy.

medium_preview.png

The spirit waited on the porch steps, waited for a brave hero to come and break the curse that had been placed upon him when he'd come to explore the abandoned mansion. It was just last week, in fact, on a stupid schoolyard dare. When he had climbed up to the porch on the stroke of midnight, a black mist had spread out and enveloped the young Grundo, turning him instantly into a phantom Peophin that could only drift and wail plaintively around the front steps. If only his best friend, Gwendolyne were here. She would know what to do! She knew how to play the best games and she was always so brave. She would find a way to dispel the evil black mist and return him to his normal form.

medium_preview.png

Contest #8 is officially closed! The voting thread is created. Good luck everyone! :)

Thanks to the talented Shelley, for designing new trophy designs, a participation medal for the very first contest, and a trophy for veteran participants! :D

Gold, Silver, and Bronze

gold.pngsilver.pngbronze.png

Participation trophy: only for those that have entered Contest #1. You can link this image anywhere you'd like.

Faerie2.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/PancakesAtTheDisco/Faerie2.png

Veteran trophy: awarded after entering 15 Contests. Shelley has opted to donate a bonus item surprise when this trophy is distributed.

Faerie1.png

Note: There is a new rule added to the first post of this thread! Also, new FFC banners will be out soon. Bonus item surprises will now be given out periodically to all runner-ups during random contest rounds.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Contest #9 is open for entries!

Entering Dates for Contest #9: Monday, September 8th - Sunday, September 14th (12 am NST)

Selected theme: Mythological

Selected Species/Color: Any

Okay. Never been first before. Umm.... here goes.

preview.png

QUETZALCOATL. The feathered serpent god of the ancient Mesoamericans, usually attributed to the Mayans. He is the god of wisdom, knowledge, arts & crafts, and merchants. He is also associated with the four winds as well as the planet Venus. (A lot of sacrifices were performed in his honour, thus the heart in his "hand".) Legend says that he will come back to our world at the end of days to usher in a new age when the world will be reborn. Quetzalcoatl literally translates to 'feather-serpent'. He is often depicted in brilliant colours, causing some scholars to speculate that he may also be a symbol of the rainbow.

Hey everyone!

This is Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, Wildlands and Animals. :-) Hope you like her!

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/758534

rsz_nike1.jpg
Nike

"The Winged Goddess of Strength, Speed, and Victory"

Inspired by the Winged Victory of Samothrace, one of the great masterpieces of the Hellenistic Period

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/758604

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please have at least seven words in your post.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

medium_preview.png

Dress to Impress

Bastet / Ailuros, Goddess of Fire, cats, pregnant women and the home.

(I took Azure's advice and finally tried for one of these)

~EDITED to resize picture, other one was HUGE~

Hey guys! Nice customs, but you are posting entries too early. xD The entering dates for the next round is updated on the first post of this thread, and it is after the current voting round is finished. No worries, and this is just a reminder.

Entering Dates for Contest #9: Monday, September 8th - Sunday, September 14th (12 am NST)

And this is why I don't go first. Sorry, Sabs! :*

medium_preview.png

Dress to Impress

Bastet / Ailuros, Goddess of Fire, cats, pregnant women and the home.

(I took Azure's advice and finally tried for one of these)

~EDITED to resize picture, other one was HUGE~

I'm glad that you did! You've represented ancient Egypt beautifully. Se tu-a! *thumbs up*

preview.png

(Sorry for posting this early, Sabs, but I won't be able to go on at all this week but I will be back in time for the voting. Thanks for understanding!)

I had heard tales about the mighty Hydra, but never did I expect to be seeing nine hissing heads and a sword in my hand. I took a big SWISH and sticky green goo squirted out of the gash. I could only now see two of its montrous heads due to the goo, but I just kept swinging my sword. OOPS! I accidentally sliced off one of its heads. Two more heads sprouted out its place. I gasped. I was beggining to tire. The Hydra seized its chance, and landed a huge bite on my lower leg. I resisted the urge to scream in agony. My vision blurred, this time, though, it wasn't because of the goo. I heard a loud hisssss...

And I was prepared to take my final breath...

I was going to die...

... But if I was going to die , I was going to die a hero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2u8eys7.jpg

Charon, in Greek mythology, is the ferryman of the dead. The souls of the deceased are brought to him by Hermes, and Charon ferries them across the river Acheron. He only accepts the dead which are buried or burned with the proper rites, and if they pay him an obolus (coin) for their passage. For that reason a corpse had always an obolus placed under the tongue. Those who cannot afford the passage, or are not admitted by Charon, are doomed to wander on the banks of the Styx for a hundred years.