Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

This customization is my own spin on Medusa's myth adapted to Neopets, I hope that's OK. ;)

dV5UKWz.png

Medusa the Hissi had never desired to hurt anyone, but little of that did the other Neopians knew since as soon as they looked at her they all turned into stone. She had been affected by an ancient curse while exploring the Deserted Tomb of Geraptiku and had ever since been waiting for someone to break her free. Time passed and rumour spread about a monster with hair consisting of Cobralls lived in the Temple, killing everyone who dared to enter it. Instead of valiant explorers, warriors wanting to test their might against her started coming to the tomb, everyone of them to never come out again. Medusa, saddened and tired about the situation, came to the conclusion that she would never be able to break free from the ancient curse... and thus decided to look herself in a mirror, to never have to harm another Neopian ever again.

PS The image is already cropped for better viewing quality.

Edit: the picture is now linked to the animated version of the outfit on DTI, apparently I didn't link it properly when I first posted it... lol.

For my mythical creature, I chose the most mythological one of them all....... Prince Charming.

This perfect man has only eyes for you, and is waiting for you (with roses and candy, of course) at your favorite picnic spot where he has chosen your favorite meals. This is a regular occurrence with this perfect man (who also cooks and cleans).

please click on him to see the moving parts! :)

preview.png

Click for moving parts and upper foreground!

medium_preview.png

Here we have the God of Mischief himself, Loki! (The true Loki, not the Marvel version, that would have been for a previous theme). This is based off of how he appears to me, and he was even asking me for an entry based off of him. I was happy to oblige.

Loki has caused both help and harm to the Norse pantheon, helping Thor bring back his hammer by disguising him as a bride and himself as his maiden to fool a giant, gave Odin his trusted steed Sleipnir, the 8 legged horse and one of Loki's many children, the father of the great wolf Fenris, the Midgard serpent Jormangand, and the queen of the Underworld, Hela. However, all of them have had a hand in Ragnarok, as had Loki himself, bringing about the end of the worlds and destruction of Asgard and the AEsir (war gods, AE is actually one letter attatched) themselves, the cause being revenge for the self-fulfilling prophecy. His rune is the Dagaz rune (the last rune in the runic cycle, which looks like a sideways hourglass), which symbolizes change. He is often associated with fire, as it is chaotic, and brings new life as well as destruction. Wildfires are commonly associated with him, as they bring about change in the world, and from the ashes spring new life. Chaos is change. Change is freedom. Freedom is hope.

-The story-

Odin had sought the future from a volva, a seeress, who told him what was to come of the gods, that come Ragnarok, they'd all be killed in a great war. Because of this, he chained up Fenris indefinitely, and cast out Jormangand and Hela, blind to the fact that he was causing this prophecy himself with his own actions, Fenris grew enraged at Odin for this treatment, and Loki wasn't pleased to see his children treated like this, either. Eventually Loki had had enough of Baldur, the treasured son of Odin whom everyone loved so dear, and having learnt that everything except mistletoe swore not to harm him, a plan formed in his mind. In disguise, he fooled Hod, Baldur's blind brother and the god of darkness, into aiming a mistletoe dart at him, ending his life. Enraged, the gods extracted revenge by murdering one of his sons, Narvi, by turning his twin brother Vali into a wolf and ripping out his entrails. While some of his children were cast out or bound, which had caused him enough grief prior, now he had truly lost someone dear to him. The AEsir used Narvi's entrails to bind him under a mountain and fashioned a serpent to drip venom into his face, for eternity, a fate worse than death. While his wife, Sigyn, held a bowl to make his eternal torture easier, Loki grew more bitter as centuries passed, vowing revenge on the AEsir. When Sigyn's bowl was full, she'd have to turn and dump out the venom, causing Loki to write in pain as the serpent dripped more venom into his eyes, resulting in earthquakes. Finally, the time had come for vengeance. Loki freed himself from his cruel prison and joined his daughter Hela, who rallied up an army of the dead. Fenris broke free to devour Odin once and for all, and Jormungand rose above the sea to battle Thor. As Skoll and Hati, the wolves chasing the sun and moon, had finally caught the celestial bodies, Heimdall blew his horn, Gjallarhorn, to signal the battle to end all battles. The gods clashed in an army where neither was the victor; Fenris swallowed Odin in a single bite, only to be slain by Vidarr, another of Odin's sons, avenging his father. Jormungand is killed by Thor, who died shortly afterward due to Jor's venomous bite. Loki and Heimdall faced one on one, but neither won as they killed each other. The realms burned, but then, later, life anew began. It was all part of the Ragnarok cycle, and soon, everything was reset. As gods are not truly immortal, but are just as prone to mistakes as you and I, they vow to learn from the past cycle and continue forward.

-This is a VERY condensed, abridged versions of info of Loki, some of his many children, the death of Baldur, and Ragnarok, plus a little of my own personal gnosis so there may be bias. -

• 2 weeks later...

Customization Contest #10 is now open for entries! :)

Entering Dates: Monday, September 22nd - Sunday, September 28th (12 am NST)

Voting Dates: Monday, September 29th - Sunday, November 5th (12 am NST)
Selected theme: Customize an Invisible Neopet or Customize a neopet to a color theme

Selected species/color: Any

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries for Contest #9! :D

First Place: deboratibi, Second Place: Azurablue & Shelley, Third Place: leverhelven

Great job to everyone that entered! :) All runner-ups for Contest #9 are rewarded with an awesome blue participation trophy, and a surprise bonus item! You can link it any where you'd like. The prizes will be distributed once Neopets is running smoothly again. I don't want to risk any items getting lost from a glitch.

participantten.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/PancakesAtTheDisco/participantten.png

I decided to take a risk (has been cropped for better viewing)

landscape2.jpg

The spirits of lost Neopets are said to wander the valley of these ancient ruins. Some say they can hear the flapping of Pteri wings or the faint growl of a Kougra if you listen closely. So why not venture to this mysterious destination? The spirits have cordially invited you for some tea. So take a seat and get comfortable, you never know who may be joining you.

I've actually made a few of these. I'm only happy with this one. I think you guys should be able to guess this image.

Looking through the Restricted Section :-)

medium_preview.png

Please take a look at the animation. Hope you enjoy it!

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/769505

Note: Hello guys! It's come to my attention(thanks to leverhelven), that DTI is not allowing some Invisible neopets to wear clothes or accessories. This might be a glitch tied to Neopets current site issues. Everyone would be limited to have a canvas style entry if we keep this theme. So, I am going to add another theme option you can choose between. The first post of this thread is updated with the second theme option. You can only enter for one of the themes. If you have already entered, that is completely fine. You have the choice to keep that theme or edit your post and submit an entry with the other theme. If you have any questions, you can mail my account(Sabs). Thanks. :)

Oooh, both themes sound awesome....I may have to go with color too though - but I may do a scenery Honorable Mention entry for the appropriate board!!

Sadly it'll have to wait until tomorrow - I can barely keep my eyes open right now. XD

That you can't add accessories nor any clothing item to most invisible pets is not a glitch. Only some invisible pets can wear clothing items and accessories, but they're the minority. Kinda disappointing that TNT won't allow all invisible pets to wear clothing items, but hey, maybe they update the pets someday! ;)
There are some past Editorials confirming it here and here (and this one here for the lolz hahaha, lazy TNT! x''D).

Well, here's my entry (click on the image to view it animated on DTI):

doIszZU.png

The Deserted Tomb of Geraptiku wasn't always deserted, a long time ago it was actually bustling with activity. Chants, dances, feasts and living sacrifices used to take place there to honour the great God Mumbo Pango. Everything used to be quite peaceful, until Mumbo Pango didn't got his meal one day. He had been eating tasty TNT Staff members for quite some days, but one of them managed to escape after being set free by one of the shaman apprentices that felt pity for the human. This infuriated Mumbo Pango to no end and in revenge for letting the human escape he decided to eat the High-Shaman of the Temple and some of the other shamans. Geraptiku's inhabitants, shocked after this tragic event decided to bury their beloved shamans in the city's temple and never sacrifice more neopets nor humans again. Instead they started to offer Mumbo Pango delicious vegetarian soups, which he ended up loving! Even though the island's inhabitants now lived peacefully with the God as their guardian after that incident, the spirits of the shamans still roams around the temple that now is their tomb. The High-Shaman, now dead, decided alongside the other shamans' spirits that they also were to ensure that the temple never would be used again for sacrifices to Mumbo Pango. To succeed in their mission the shamans decided that they would scare away anyone who comes near the tomb, while cursing those who aren't afraid of the shamans' ghostly apparitions. Not letting those tragic events ever happen again give the spirits some much needed peace of mind in their cursed eternal afterlife.
.. .

P.S. The image is already cropped for better viewing quality. ;)

As I went through species I found a few pets that could wear clothes while invisible. I already have a color themed customization saved, but I'll stick with my Restricted Section. :-) Good Luck everyone!

That you can't add accessories nor any clothing item to most invisible pets is not a glitch. Only some invisible pets can wear clothing items and accessories, but they're the minority. Kinda disappointing that TNT won't allow all invisible pets to wear clothing items, but hey, maybe they update the pets someday! ;)

There are some past Editorials confirming it here and here (and this one here for the lolz hahaha, lazy TNT! x''D).

Yes, but those who can are completely glitchy on Dress to Impress. I'm gonna think of something new now...

Okay, as DTI is glitchy, my image won't be moving (oh how I wish it did! Moving eyes, moving garland, rolling fog! D: ). If DTI gets back to normal I shall update the picture from there. But I REALLY wanted to go with the invisible theme, so here goes.

As of how, here it is. A haunted mansion :geeky_evil:

Jellyneo_s_Neopets_Wardrobe.png

http://postimg.org/image/iievmrd17/

Here's my entry! Presenting the third in the color entries: GREEN!

The butterflies are the Dyeworks Green variety, but for some reason only the original color shows up in the image. Click for moving parts and properly green butterflies!

medium_preview.png

This Aisha is the King of Green! How'd be become King of Green? Well....I....eh....I have no idea. Maybe the Earth Faeries nominated him or something.

My other option can be seen in the Honorable Mentions thread - go ahead and take a look and see what you think. :) I may decide to swap out this Green entry for the scenic one before this contest ends, I suppose I still haven't fully decided yet.