Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

That's why I suggested a mystery theme, and not a theme for any of the particular mysteries I mentioned -- those were just examples of what I meant by mystery (and I tried to give a wide variety so that someone would have at least heard of one of them) because "mystery theme" sounded like it might mean an unrevealed theme, and I wanted to be clear that I meant a detective-type story. Calling it "crime scene" or "investigator" narrows it down too much, I think. I think "mystery" allows for a wider range of creativity in keeping with the theme. (At least my preliminary ideas for "mystery" wouldn't quite fit into either of the other categories.)

Guest Sabs

@Siniri- You can mail my TDNF account(sabs) if you have any other suggestions for themes. The underwater is pretty cool, and the mystery theme sounds like a good challenge! :) I'm thinking about creating a poll, so everyone can vote on a theme. I'll list some of my suggestions, along with other members.

@Hert123- I agree about the entries, and I'm excited for the voting process coming up! I'm glad you are supporting one of the new banners! :D

Guest Sabs

@Hert123- You have more votes! lol I'll be watching it daily too. It's going to be a long week. :P

Guest Sabs

Entries are now open for round 2! :d

Congrats to our top 3 winners!!!

Hert123, Ysera, and Shelleyjoy!

There is a new theme updated on the first post of this thread. There are a lot of wearable options to choose from!

Good luck everyone! :)

I'm the first one to enter this round? :O

I saw it on Hert's cheering thread and I thought, "Hey, cool!" I thought I'd use the sort of things I used to one, but I actually used two "used to" (the naginata and the warrior boots), one "current" (the wig) and the rest is new.

medium_preview.png

The naginata (the staff she's holding) is a traditional Japanese women's weapon...they'd use them to defend the home when their husbands were off to war. (Learned that a couple of years ago.)

I think it would be cool if TNT had "fighting fans" like Kitana in Mortal Kombat. As far as I can tell, they're like tessen, only tessen are usually folded all the time and don't open into fans (according to Wiki).

Okay...enough Encyclopedia Daya. xD

=====

Updated the next day...

...augh, I lost all my customizations from yesterday, 'cause I edited the wrong copy. *sigh*

Second! Wow, I just discovered this contest today, and I'm glad I did. Wish I were here for the first round, but I'm happy to participate in the second!

When I read the word "warrior" 2 concepts came to mind: A Shenkuuvian female warrior, or a male tribal Island warrior. I decided to opt for the latter, as I had a feeling most would go for the former (and Kacheeks are almost always female on top of that).

I knew I wanted war paint, flames, a headdress, and a tiki theme. Research probably would have been a good idea, like the person above me did, but as long as it looks cool, right? The staff is a bit hard to see, though that may have to do with the headress. I hope this isn't too much!

preview.png

Mine looks so tame!

Of course, I've never been a fan of using every last spot available. Sometimes, when I look at the customs for the site, I think, "That is so gaudy!"

But isn't that the point of a contest like this? To show off our individual styles without the restrictions of the main site? ^_^

medium_preview.png

(( LINK FOR MOVING PARTS: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/689307 ))

This fellow here is the unlikely warrior... he's gruff and has some unorthodox methods of fighting monsters, but he's really softhearted. In his monster-hunting days, he's learned to take care of the mutant, ghost, halloween, and zombie neopets and treat them kindly as opposed to the real monsters.

Me too...NOES TO TEH HORROR MOVIES! *quiver*

But I've seen pictures. And now that I think of it, I once had an Evil Dead shirt and I'm not sure why...O.o

(Maybe it was because I like Bruce Campbell. :D )

Guest Sabs

Thanks for entering everyone! :) It's so interesting and fun to see the different Warrior styles so far. I'm still getting my customization together. xD

Novelista- Lovely entry, and thanks for being the first! I love the information you provided about the naginatas. It was interesting to think about while looking at the custom! If I come across something that looks like a "fighting fan" in DTI, I'll let you know the name. That is exactly the point of the contest. :) Everyone can show their own unique creativity through their customization, and I love that there are no restrictions from the main site. xD You can edit your entry during the entry dates, if you ever want to change something.

Lady Lyuba- I'm glad you found the contest! :) Wow, your tiki theme looks awesome! I can see the staff pretty good. :)

Shelley- Your custom really does remind me of Snow White! xD It looks like she is going to go slay the witch! I didn't even realize they left her revenge out. lol

Totu487- A zombie warrior will be fun to see! =) I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yeahlatte- Woe, another awesome custom! :) I think it's a good representation of an Illusion Warrior. I really like her wig/shield/sword combo! Thanks for entering, and welcome to the forum!

Georgeringo- That is just cool!! I feel like it's a scene from a zombie movie lol, and it's such a unique approach! Well done! :)

I think it would be cool if TNT had "fighting fans" like Kitana in Mortal Kombat. As far as I can tell, they're like tessen, only tessen are usually folded all the time and don't open into fans (according to Wiki).

Okay...enough Encyclopedia Daya. xD

Ah! Gunsen! I like those, too. The fans that never close are called gunsen. Those are so cool.

There sure are a lot of different takes on the warrior theme! It was a bit difficult to settle down with just one customization, but I think this one looks quite good. :)

YskuCIK.png

It's supposed to be a Commander that has been resurrected from the dead and now is resurrecting his fallen army. As for the decapitated Space Faerie... who do you think resurrected him in the first place? ;) (Although he didn't show too much gratitude for her blessing... .)

I decided to represent a real-life warrior chieftain (or pirate queen, if you prefer, though she didn't consider herself a pirate at all), Gráinne Ní Mháille (commonly rendered as Grace O'Malley in English). When she told her father she wanted to be a sailor like him, he told her that her hair would catch in the rigging, so she chopped off her hair (and was sometimes called "Gráinne Mhaol," or "Gráinne the Bald"). Gráinne led various insurrections as England tried to exert power in her region of Ireland; the English "lord" could not catch her because of her sailing prowess. She sailed to England to negotiate directly with Queen Elizabeth I when the exasperated queen had Gráinne's sons taken hostage. Gráinne brought a dagger to their meeting, though she claimed it was for her own protection, and the two reached an agreement for the release of Gráinne's sons and a return of her lands and castle. When England did not keep up with its part of the bargain, Gráinne continued to lead insurrections.

I found a picture of a statue of Gráinne, and I'm pretty pleased with how accurately I was able to render it in Neopian terms (even down to her blouse, shawl, and sword). I added the dagger she brought to her meeting with Elizabeth, her cropped hair, and the rainy, cool weather of Ireland:

GraacuteinneNiacuteMhaacuteilleWarrior.j

Click here for all the moving bits (you should definately check that out)

preview.png

I decided to go with a Grey Kacheek, because I think it shows the other side of the almost always cheery Kacheek. I don't have a real name for her, although she does remind me of Joan of Arc somehow. She's sad because she still has to fight, although the battle is almost over and she's certain she'll lose the next fight.

Check my original post...I added:

• Colourful Cherry Blossom Necklace
  • Water Faerie Eye Shadow
  • Shenkuu Warrior Princess Bracers
  • Cherry Blossom String Lights

Oh... I think I went a bit too far... :P With the awesome customizations the others have, I doubt I'll win... :(

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Hey, I think your custom is pretty cool! Bet others will think that too, and we get to vote so don't put yourself down yet! I hope it was fun to do, because that's what this is supposed to be!

I think we already have the same amount or even more entries than the previous round! Please help us spread the word about the contest by putting banners or buttons in your signature. Ofcourse this is completely voluntary and there are no consequences in not doing it. It just helps us getting contestants and keeping motivated to run this contest!