Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Guest Sabs

I really love the stories with the entries so far!

Katsuokai- Haha, I like how you added the beheaded faerie. He definitely looks like he was resurrected!

Siniri- Very nice! =)I will always think about chieftain and her story, when I look at your custom. It's no longer just a kacheek. lol

Hert123- I really like the tears on the kacheek. It adds a dramatic effect for the battle. =)

Azurablue- Your custom looks great, and you matched the theme well. Everyone has different styles of customization on the forum, so you never know how the voting will turn out. :)

Novelista- I like the new changes! I found some pretty cool fans that you might like to represent a gunsen. I'll mail the names. =)

Totu487- I agree with Hert123! I hope you had fun with customizing the most. You have a cool zombie warrior theme, and I think you have just as much of a chance like everyone else. :)

Guest Sabs

Warrior of light! I debated between two different customs, but I think I'll keep this. I tried to give her an anime look . :P

33bza51.png

Yeahlatte- You're welcome! I'm glad you saw the thread and joined the contest. :) I agree! Its a lot more fun when you have an unlimited supply of NC wearable items to choose from. Aw yeah, I've come across that issue with a couple of backgrounds. It would disappear when something is added.

Sabs & Hert123- Thank you for your words of encouragement! I really appreciate it...! :D There are some awesome customizations out there and I guess I'm just a bit nervous... Also, Sabs, on your customization, it's pretty cool! :) I like how you tried to relate it to anime! Was there an anime character that you were aiming to copy?

(This is a story to add to my customization) :)

It was a chilly night- and a spooky one too. Wind howled, as if trying to escape an unseen prison... A thick fog blurred up everything in view. CRUNCH. W-what was that sound? I whirled around frantically, but saw nothing. Stop being such a coward, I told myself. It's just your imagination. I continued walking slowly and cautiously, my boots making a soft munching sound on the dead leaves. I heard a loud moan in my ears. I quickly shot forward, fearful of what it could be. "S-stop!" I shouted, not sure who or what I was talking to. An evil cackle rang out from the rustling bushes. It seemed to come out from all directions. "W-who are you?!" I demanded. "What do you want?!" I waved my flashlight uncontrollably, hoping the horrible noise would go away. Then I saw it. The evil creature. Horrified, I grabbed my flashlight and threw it as far as I could at the monster. It had rotten, scarred flesh and most of its face was disfigured. I felt like I was going to throw up. IT WAS A ZOMBIE. "Braaaaaiiiiiinssssss?" It asked, examining me. Scared, I bolted pass the trees, which didn't look like the peaceful plants anymore. Just... Evil. I ignored the thorns that pricked my skin. I had to get to the others- and fast. I had to warn them... That this was the night... When the Undead came back for revenge.

Are you going to post the stories with all the images in the voting thread? Such a wide variety of warriors, each with such a unique story. I like that so many people shared more info about their "character."

Guest Sabs

Emily- I really like your updated custom! ^^

Totu487- Very nice story! It really brings out the character in your customization. :) Haha, I am tempted to write one for mine now. xP

cartoon_dreamer- A GoT customization is pretty cool! xD That outfit is really on point too!

siniri- Sure, I can link the stories to the voting thread. =) They really seem connected with the characters, and members should get the whole package before voting.

Guest Sabs

Entries are now closed for round 2! A new customization voting thread has been created. Good luck everyone! :D

Optional? Okay. Well, I'll just add it here anyway, just because I think it's not too bad... if I do say so myself. ;)

From the "Legend of Karamina the Black" (chapter 4, page 278):

And so it was that Karamina the Black crossed from the depths of the shadows into the heart of the battlefield. Already she could feel the berserker blood that flowed through her veins begin to boil as the clashing of steel upon steel ignited the fires within her soul. Her silver hair gleamed in the blazing light of the flaming mountain that was at the root of the conflict. Her eyes took on a kind of primal wildness. Her thin lips warped into a black smile that belied the glee upon her dark face. For it was not cheer that twisted her face into a mask of destruction - it was the full power of berserker madness. As she lifted her ancient blade and the first few of many hundreds of opponents charged towards her, she began to laugh. It would be the last thing that they would ever hear.

Optional? Okay. Well, I'll just add it here anyway, just because I think it's not too bad... if I do say so myself. ;)

From the "Legend of Karamina the Black" (chapter 4, page 278):

And so it was that Karamina the Black crossed from the depths of the shadows into the heart of the battlefield. Already she could feel the berserker blood that flowed through her veins begin to boil as the clashing of steel upon steel ignited the fires within her soul. Her silver hair gleamed in the blazing light of the flaming mountain that was at the root of the conflict. Her eyes took on a kind of primal wildness. Her thin lips warped into a black smile that belied the glee upon her dark face. For it was not cheer that twisted her face into a mask of destruction - it was the full power of berserker madness. As she lifted her ancient blade and the first few of many hundreds of opponents charged towards her, she began to laugh. It would be the last thing that they would ever hear.

That's quite a story! I love it! My sounded a little cheesy, LOL. :P

Guest Sabs

Azurablue- Stories are not required. It's just something optional members decided to do to bring their characters out more. I'll add your story since it is not changing anything with your actual customization. :)

so I added a participation trophy so no one would feel bad about not having some hardware...or I guess pixels in this case lol

participant-2.png

Forum Customization

Runner Up

Entries are now open for round 3! :D

Congrats to our top 3 winners!!!

Sabs, emily_speck_15, and Hert123!

The "Underwater" theme is updated on the first post of this thread.

Good luck everyone! :)

Shelley, thanks so much for designing these wonderful trophies!

preview.png

(Click the image to see all the moving parts and items used)

Whew! Looks better than I expected! :laughingsmiley: Good luck to everyone in the contest! :happydance:

Malissa looked back at her home for one last time. Was she making the right choice? Only time will tell... Besides, in her heart, Malissa felt it was right. She needed to move on. She thought of those wonderful moments- talking with the Flotsams and making friends with the Maraquan Kacheeks... She quickly wiped away her tears away. Malissa knew that this was what her destiny was... She didn't want her parents to choose her fate. She didn't want to be a princess with huge responsibilities held on her shoulders. She wanted to be..free. She tore away at the remains of her royalty and swished pass the seaweed. They seemed to be trying to push her back, but she wasn't going to be going back. Ever. Malissa put on a fearless grin and swam into the darkness.

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/698982

Queen of the Frozen Seas

While many are familiar with the tropical waters of maraqua, much of the undersea community remains a mystery. The oceans of Neopia are teeming with life everywhere from the bay of the Lost Desert to the coast of Tyrannia. But the waters off the shore of Terror Mountain could arguably host the finest of all Neopia's undersea kingdoms. Concealed by glaciers, undersea explorers have tried and failed to catch a glimpse of the frozen city. With waters at a constant temperature on the verge of freezing, glacial ice remains intact and is used as a building resource. The true magnificence of this city is seen when the sunlight pierces the water, refracting though the undersea glacial ice, illuminating all its structures.

Still going back and forth to the little mermaid theme (http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/698331) I had earlier.

but going to keep this for now :)

(Also subject to change)

FlotsamCherryBlossomFestival.jpg

Even underwater pets travel to Shenkuu to enjoy the Cherry Blossom festival each spring, watching the blossoms gently drift through the water. The surface is dappled pink from the sunlight filtering through the trees.

(I was going to use the seaweed foreground, too, but it conflicted with the cherry blossom foreground -- and now I guess I'm glad I didn't since everyone else has used it. It was one of my first NC purchases using my free NC, and fake money well spent, too.)

I'm going to give this a shot! I'll be back c:

okay I'm ready now, was going to enter with just my regular pet but then decided to challenge myself with the water theme. (sorry but I love Peophins a little too much)

tumblr_inline_n7a6htEExi1r8x0y1.png