Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Contest #4 is now opened! :D

Voted theme: Minimalist(maximum of 5 items)

Challenge:

Species/Color: Desert Draik

Congrats to our top 3 voted winners, and awesome job to all the entries!

Shelleyjoy, Navy, and Sabs

Here's my entry for this round!

B1S3Mrn.png

I decided as she's a Desert Draik, she prefers the warmth and waters of Mystery Island over the cold Terror Mountain, so she made a holiday to Mystery Island and this is one of her favorite pictures: Ready to relax in the hammock or dive into the perfect water. All day and all night!

My first ever entry ^^

PXEkZ3y.png

It's too late to turn back now and you probably won't even make it three steps should you run. Flanked by two silent masked rogues, you muster up your courage and push open the wooden door to the thieves guild. The thick white fog that serves as a natural defence for the well-hidden away guild floods into the candle-lit room, clouding your vision momentarily. You make out the faint silhouette of figure who seems to be hovering, and as the fog clears, you see that the silhouette belongs to a sandy coloured Draik with weird hieroglyphs etched all over his wings. He must be the rumoured guild master who was the former prince who's next in line to the throne, well that was before he was betrayed by his own brother. That was your last thought as you collapse to the floor, drifting into unconsciousness...

View http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/708295 for animated version, it's supposed to simulate you opening the door to a thieves guild which is situated in some really foggy mountainy area (: /I tried to write a story/

changed my entry. I am so indecisive. decided to go for this instead.

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/708654

This is my entry. It is a place what he can call his own and where he is not made fun of by his fellow Draiks as he has no interest in the Altador cup. He would rather spend his time by the lake reading a good book. He tries his best to fit in with surroundings although he is partial to wear flowery clothing.

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/708374

medium_preview.png

Jean-Baptiste Van Roo

Draik a la Lilacs

Year Unknown

This Neopian Painting of an unknown aristocratic Draik, painted by the famous Blumaroo Jean-Baptiste Van Roo, was painted during Neopia's Rococo Period. First originating in the decorative arts, Rococo quickly spread to painting. Painters such as Van Roo used curving forms, delicate colors, and playful themes to create their masterpieces. Scenes often depicted aristocracy in an outdoor, pastoral setting. Other famous works of the time include JubJub-Honoré Fragonard's "The Swing" and Aisha Watteau's "Pilgrimage on the Isle of Mystery"

(Note: Information on the Rococo Era may have been slightly altered. For more info see reference at Wikipedia)

missmadiemay, I've been looking for a suiting background for my draik who has a daenerys custom, that background is perfect! now I want it XD haha

My entry as of now..

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/708374

It's supposed to be reminiscent of a Rococo style painting :)

Oooo I had to go look your Draik up, love it! And the name!! <3

It was hard to think of a theme for this, because what good is a customization if it doesn't have a theme? Regardless of the "challenge" theme. Finally I got my idea: A gypsy boy.

medium_preview.png

Others laughed when he told them he was a dancer. "Dancing is for girls!" they would say. But this little Draik set out to prove them wrong. He had been trained in dancing with his caravan for years, ever since he was small, and he'd put on a show for these naysayers, the likes of which they had never seen before. Observers were in a trance as he spun, using his wings as he performed several feet off the ground. As he finished, he was met with applause, and some even tossed coins for his performance, even the naysayers, who were undeniably impressed. The boy had talent, regardless of gender. "Anyone can dance!" he sang.

medium_preview.png

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"

After watching the first 3 rounds I decided I might as well join :laughingsmiley:.Here's my entry,he's supposed to be a rogue magician/assassin that has been banished from the lost desert after stealing the bringer's staff from King Jazan's personal connection and getting possessed by the bringer,but before his departure he managed to bribe guards to smuggle the staff to him.He is currently possessed by the bringer and is plotting to overthrow the king and claim the throne for himself.

Decided to edit my entry and my draik's story,here he is how he looks like currently:

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/709408

I specifically used the possessed eyes for my storyline.

Guest Sabs

Very cool customs everyone! :) This round is a little tricky to me. I'm used to adding a lot of wearable items on a draik, and given the actual theme chosen you still have to come up with one. :P

nabisonyeo- Welcome aboard! I like the first custom better, only because the draik is more visible. xD

bck328808- Lovely! Before I read the description two things came to mind, "Relaxing and Peaceful". I love that wig she has on! ^^

missmadiemay- I was disappointed when she locked up her dragons too! I still can't get over that battle scene between Oberyn and Gregor. lol The next season will be good!

Shelley- Very creative with the painting! I really want that dress! lol It's on my wishlist. xD

Deltacow- Welcome, and I'm glad you decided to enter! ^^

Guest Sabs

Emily- Wow, that custom is pretty awesome without a background! It's risky, but I think it will work in your favor. :D

A lovely Surprise for everyone!

emily_speck_15 has donated two Starry Bori Morphing Potions for our 2nd and 3rd place winners!! :d This was so generous, and thank you so much!

Wait a minute...the starry bori MPs are worth more than the BG,so what if somebody gets 1st but wants the 2nd and 3rd place prize,are we allowed to choose the prize or is it fixed?

Guest Sabs

I am aware of that. The items were specifically donated for the 2nd and 3rd place winners. If Emily doesn't mind having them switched around, then this is how it will stay. The primary focus of this contest isn't for prizes, but having fun customizing your neopet.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this, you can mail my account(Sabs).

There are some pretty nice customizations this round! May the best ones win. ;)

Here's my customization (click on the image to see it animated):

PdqvwOv.png

The Guardian of the Eternal Sunlight has been captured by the forces of the Eternal Moonlight. Desperate and deprived of her powers, now the only hope she has left is that a brave Neopian dares to enter the Darkest Forest to save her and bring back the Light to Neopia! Will a hero rise or is Neopia doomed to become a world where only darkness reigns freely?

preview.png

Amira looked franctically for her sun staff. She couldn't believe how she could've lost it. It was right by her side just minutes ago! Without it, she could not rule the Lost Desert properly. And without her help... The entire empire would collapse. In worry and desperation, the princess fell to the ground, sobbing with grief. Amira realized why she couldn't find it; someone had stolen it! Why would they steal it though? She gulped nervously. Could they have intended to take over the Lost Desert?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest Sabs

More awesome entries and stories!

Katsuaokai- It's good to see you entered again! ^^

Totu487- You left us on a cliff hanger. lol I was curious to read more.

Emily- Thank you! Everything is really appreciated. :)

Note: The prizes have been rearranged according to the price of the item and rank.

preview.png

Here's my fixed entry (Click the image to go to the site(Or not))

Um...You should read the contest rules(if your too lazy I'll just tell you,the theme is minimalist(5 wearables is the max) and you have to use a desert draik as the pet for your customization).

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please remember to always be kind and respectful to other members.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sorry, I saw all the other entries from the past and thought that didn't matter, will change!