How long does it take for score review to finish?

haeitskae

I beat the top score in Castle of Eliv Thade (English is my strongest subject and language, so solving the anagrams was easy peasy, I have a good IQ I guess (never been tested, Im just assuming I have a high "English-IQ" since I take advanced English classes, I suck at math though. I wouldnt get a top score in Maths Nightmare, but in a word game, sure why not!).

I usually just played till I got 1000 NP then send score, then I decided to try aim for the 1st place trophy. I played a few rounds and because of type-os, I lost lives and fell short of the no 1 spot and didn't send my score.

I was in the top 100, then I played again the next day aiming for the number 1, and I got there, submit my score ... They think I'm cheating.

How long does it take to find out if your score is valid or not? I sent a support ticket saying I didn't cheat etc etc but they just quoted the usual rules to me "You may not be a cheater but your score in under review blah blah blah". I just wanted to know will I be emailed when they decide if my score is valid or not?

What should I do?

It's not that they think you yourself are cheating - every game has a certain score that if you go over, they will check just to see if you are.

It can take anywhere from a few hours to over a week. Some of mine have gone through really quickly whereas some haven't. My review score for Spinacles took... four days, I think? Hopefully you'll get lucky and they'll sort it out soon!

Thanks Saxen, I'm on my second day of wondering whats going on and still nothing, I'll wait a week before PANIC STATIONS haha

Do you get an email/neomail reply saying why they think you're cheating if they don't think you honestly got the score you got?

I don't think they give you a reason why, they usually just say they have "evidence" that you cheated, at least according to write-ups that I've read.

It took me two full days for them to review the last high score I sent, so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

I'm also pretty sure I read that you'd allowed to use an anagram helper for Castle of Eliv Thade anyways, so that's not cheating. There's noway that the highscores for that game are people just solving them naturally, as a lot of the words aren't real english words.

The Neomail you receive will look like this after they review your score.

Hi (name),

Your score of 115,258 in Wrath of the Snowager has been reviewed and accepted.

You have been awarded 1,000 neopoints. If you qualified for an avatar, that has also been awarded.

I don't think they give you a reason why, they usually just say they have "evidence" that you cheated, at least according to write-ups that I've read.

It took me two full days for them to review the last high score I sent, so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

I'm also pretty sure I read that you'd allowed to use an anagram helper for Castle of Eliv Thade anyways, so that's not cheating. There's noway that the highscores for that game are people just solving them naturally, as a lot of the words aren't real english words.

For the non english words, I wrote them down so I wouldn't forget them after I got them wrong, or used hints. I don't know why they'd let you use an anagram helper since that sounds like cheating if the game is essentially about solving anagrams haha but if its not against the rules, sure sounds like it will be a much quicker way to win the game than writing the words down!!! I'll remember that next time if I'm not banned from Neopets TT^TT lol

so within a week I should get a message from them saying "You cheated" or "Congrats, you can spell" or something. Awesome, its the not knowing thats the worst xD

I have had my score reviewed a couple of times and it was a bit worrying until I realised that this happens quite often to people so dont let it worry you too much.

It took three days for my score to be accepted both times but I have heard of it taking four days or two days for other people. I suppose it depends how busy TNT are at the time

Congratulations on getting a high score by the way :)

Congrats on the high score! :)

I send in attack of the revenge high scores pretty much on the daily and it takes roughly 3 days to sort out. It's always a nice pick me up extra 1k np sitting the third day or so day I log in. I can't imagine how exhausting it would be to review that many gameplays though, I do not envy that job!

I got the high score on Word Poker, and it took them about a week to process and accept it. It depends on the volume too. I've had a high score take one day, and another four days on the same game. Just be patient. :laughingsmiley: Congrats on the high score!

You don't get a message saying "you're a cheater", you just simply don't hear back.

Also, don't forget it's a holiday weekend here in the States and--except for the skeleton crew of mods and such--TNT won't be back in the office 'til Tuesday.