Hey! 1st Time in the CC! :D

Shelley

This is my first time I've tried out the caption Contest and what a nice surprise to see I got in! :D

So I guess my first question is..how does this thing work? XD How do you get to obtain a trophy? lol really new to this guys..

and if you are compelled to vote.. here's my caption :)

caption_1359.jpg

http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml

By pancakesatthedisco:
Mutant Koi: We strike... AT DAWN!
Ice Koi: I'm really starting to doubt our whole "invasion of Brightvale" thing.
Orange Koi: You know we can't breathe above water, right?

if you scroll all the way to the bottom it's almost last :)

(edit: wait...it randomizes doesn't it XD)

here's a direct link..

http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml?page=0&action=vote&actionid=18716057

I would love to vote for you... But I already voted for someone in the last few hours! (-_- ") I'll cast a vote for you when I get the chance! :)

Good luck in the contest! :D

As for the Caption Contest, I'm not quite sure how it works either. You can send as many captions as you want to TNT. I'm sure you know how to do that, getting into the contest and all. :P But, just in case, I will explain it. They will see your captions that you have sent them and verify if if it is appropriate. They will choose the lucky people who's caption get in the contest. (There will be 25 entries)

People will vote for you (if they like it) and the top few people who get the most votes win!! If you win the contest, you also win: an avatar and a trophy!! :D

The trophy will be awarded around the end of a month, up to three weeks after that contest is over.

Hope my explanation answered your question! :)

thank you guys! ^^

hahah I always kind of silently vote each week so I was browsing through captions and I was like..."hey wait, this looks familiar..OH MY GOSH IT'S ME" haha

I would LOVE another trophy for my cabinet :D

also is there some sort of way to directly link to a caption?

thank you :) haha I think I've gotten my questions answered! Although I doubt I will do this again any time soon XD unless I don't place lol

Congrats. I just voted.

I think it works by ranking the captions by the number of votes each received, and then awarding gold to the first few, silver to the next bunch, and bronze to a lot of the rest (but sadly not all). The Caption Contest page links to the specific info regarding how many NP for each tier, and you get a rare item prize.

I found out my caption was selected thanks to a NM from a random player, and I managed to end up in the top few spots. Then I got a NM about a week later saying that I had gotten third, so I sent in a ticket -- and found out that was the prize for an earlier contest that I didn't even know I'd been selected for! I got my gold about a week or so after that.

Anyway, good luck in the competition.

The trophy tiers for CC are:

Gold - 1st-5th places

Silver - 6th - 12th places

Bronze - 13th - 25th places

All winners get a random rare item prize...there is only one pool that those are 'drawn' from so a higher placement does not guarantee a more valuable prize. I've gotten a Petpet worth less than 1K for Gold and I've gotten a Paint Brush worth millions for Silver (it may have even been Bronze). The prize is totally random (but pulled from a set pool of prize items...you can see that list HERE)

I just put in a vote for ya...Good Luck!!

:P

oh man I would love a gold trophy! haha I gotta work harder :p Although I'm not complaining about silver!

I always have the worst luck with prizes anyways, I'm really just looking forward to a trophy

haha the last time I got a prize for something it was getting in the art gallery...it was a petpet worth 200nps. yes 200. haha oh well XD

thank you guys so much for voting for me, I really appreciate it :)

You should put the link in your siggy and get on the PC for a little bit. I've gained 60 votes in the last few hours doing it that way ^^ Good luck sweets!

haha oh my gosh, that's awesome!! I didn't bother going to the PC...I guess if I ever do it again! haha although I think I'm set for a silver trophy which is more than I ever hoped I'm so happy :D

was that YOURS that came in first!?! CONGRATULATIONS!! you must feel proud :happydance: Hopefully some nice prize items are issued

If you get gold next time it'll change from silver to x2 gold! :woot: Congratulations by the way!! I loved your caption :D

Yeah twas mine :* Thanks so much!! Yeah, hopefully! Although we're now ... 11 weeks behind with the prizes? This was my second win but I still haven't gotten my first xP I think we'll be waiting for a while O.O

If you get gold next time it'll change from silver to x2 gold! :woot: Congratulations by the way!! I loved your caption :D

Yeah twas mine :* Thanks so much!! Yeah, hopefully! Although we're now ... 11 weeks behind with the prizes? This was my second win but I still haven't gotten my first xP I think we'll be waiting for a while O.O

haha I thought yous was hilarious! XD well deserving of first place!

WHOAH maybe I'll have to try for gold then sometime! haha it's nice that you only have to advertise a few days. My friend got a silver trophy not too long ago for her caption....well actually it has been a while...but she never got a prize, she assumed they forgot. I'll have to tell her that they're behind with the prizes! She sent in a ticket and they closed it without a response O.O that makes sense now haha

well fingers crossed they come soon!!

haha I thought yous was hilarious! XD well deserving of first place!

WHOAH maybe I'll have to try for gold then sometime! haha it's nice that you only have to advertise a few days. My friend got a silver trophy not too long ago for her caption....well actually it has been a while...but she never got a prize, she assumed they forgot. I'll have to tell her that they're behind with the prizes! She sent in a ticket and they closed it without a response O.O that makes sense now haha

well fingers crossed they come soon!!

Aww thank you :) :*

The script that awards prizes is broken :/ Last year they got 5 months behind, apparently, then had to start giving out the prizes by hand! Looks like it's happening again - though hopefully it won't be that long this time D:

Indeed! *fingers crossed* I'll let you know if and when they start being awarded ^^ (there's a CC waiting board on Charter)