Pre-Cup Interview with Feldon Collibridge of Krawk Island

Guest Livy

Guest Livy

krawkisland_1.gif

This is LivCat for The Daily Neopets! I am on location in Altador where signups have just begun. After camping outside the Colosseum for the past week it is a relief to finally be able to get inside. I was lucky enough to bump into Feldon Collibridge, better known as Dinksy, and when I asked if I could interview her she was more than happy to cooperate. I am really excited to be conducting my first interview this year.

[beams] Feldon, Feldon! Oh my gosh I am a huge fan, can I please have your autograph?

Arrrr, who should I make it out to?

[hands over picture of Feldon] LivCat! [squeals]
[signs picture: "Ahoy LivCat, Never Doubt Team Krawk Island, Feldon"][hands back picture]

[smiles] Thank you so much! Before you go I was wondering if I can interview you?
I don't much like reporters but you are obviously a big fan so I will make an exception. But I don't have much time, I gotta get aft t' practice.

Great! [beams] Well, I think everyone want's to know how you think Krawk Island did in the games last year?
I think we could have done better. I was quite shocked with th' outcome especially since Tyrannia came first. I thought we was goin' t' win but I be happy that we didn't drop below 5th place.

I see. What do you think you will place this year?
I think we be in with a good shot at comin' first, second or at t' very least third this year. Durin' t' off season we have been trainin' very hard. Especially since we have Coco a part o' our team this year, with this our team really needed t' bond and work out new strategies.

Yes, I saw that Coco had transferred from Team Kreludor. What is it like having Coco on the team instead of Ealyn?
At first we thought it were a hoax, but when we realised it wasn't we had t' work together t' train her in our strategies an' t' make sure that she was at t' very least capable o' bein' an asset t' our team. But I personally be not happy with t' change; Ealyn was a good mate o' mine and she did not tell me she was transferrin' teams.

Hmmmm, do you think this year you have something to prove because of past results and Coco?
We don't have anythin' t' prove, we always overcome challenges and come up on top because we arrr and will always be champions.

I see
Garven Hale: [shouting] Collibridge, get your butt over t' practice immediately and stop runnin' your gob!
Feldon: I'm sorry but I must be goin'!

Wait, I have one more question!
Aye?

Fans everywhere have been wondering why you have the nickname "Dinksy?"
Because I be an excellent player and because I be very hard t' go up against.

I- What do you mean?
Garven Hale: [shouting louder] Don't make me come over there and drag you t' practice
Feldon: I really must be goin'. It was nice t' meet you! [flies towards Garven Hale who starts giving her a lecture]

Before leaving, I stopped at a food stand and ordered some chocolate covered strawberries. And with that I left with a satisfied grin, knowing I had just succeeded in my first interview ever.

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).