Getting into the Art Gallery?

Shelley

So a long time ago i was able to get one of my digital drawings into the art gallery! lol it was a take on the famous Magritte painting "Son of Man" but with an apple chia. But since then I haven't been able to get anything in!! I've tried so many times, I mean I have A LOT of neopets art. I don't even have all of it on my art page. :p

but I was wondering if there's any theories about when it's best to submit a piece of art work? I mean I know the process, it gets saved into their database and they pick out the pieces they like best each week. Your entry is saved but gets pushed back further as time goes on...

I've heard it's easiest to get in on a pet theme day? And I heard it's better to submit on certain days of the week? I don't know if any of this is actually true..

I guess i'm just wondering if anyone has any advice :) It'd be nice to get some more trophies!

I've gotten into the Art Gallery quite a few times and in my experience I've had a much higher percentage of submissions get into the gallery on themed days (ex: pet days or holidays), versus just submitting randomly. If your picture doesn't make it in, though, don't be afraid to try again later! Many times the art I submitted didn't make it in on themed days so I just waited a few weeks and tried submitting it again. c: For example, I submitted a piece for Valentines day this year but it wasn't accepted so I submitted it again without the Valentines-related text and it made it into the gallery a week later. I think that a lot of times they just get a lot of submissions, and of course they can't accept every submission they get so if you don't make it in one week I definitely recommend trying again later!

I hope that helps!

That helps a lot! I usually only submit my piece once..figuring if they didn't care for it the first time around there wasn't much use in trying again. I don't really try theme days too often. I think I've only tried entering for one theme day but maybe now I'll try more :)

do you know how early before the themed day you submitted it?.

That helps a lot! I usually only submit my piece once..figuring if they didn't care for it the first time around there wasn't much use in trying again. I don't really try theme days too often. I think I've only tried entering for one theme day but maybe now I'll try more :)

do you know how early before the themed day you submitted it?.

Glad I could help! If you do decide you'd like to try for some of the themed days you can find a calendar of the different Neopian days here.

I'll generally submit things a few days before the date, but a few times I've been running late finishing the picture and ended up not submitting it until the day before. Keep in mind that sometimes they'll celebrate the themed day early if it takes place on a weekend (ex: Koi Day is on the 25th but they updated the news for it on the 23rd), so if that's the case you'll want to be sure to submit your picture before then.

Glad I could help! If you do decide you'd like to try for some of the themed days you can find a calendar of the different Neopian days here.

I'll generally submit things a few days before the date, but a few times I've been running late finishing the picture and ended up not submitting it until the day before. Keep in mind that sometimes they'll celebrate the themed day early if it takes place on a weekend (ex: Koi Day is on the 25th but they updated the news for it on the 23rd), so if that's the case you'll want to be sure to submit your picture before then.

ooh okay. This was super helpful. I remember trying to get in kacheek day, with art I had drawn of my own kacheek. I submitted it about 3 weeks ahead of time! haha..now I know to make it closer to the due date. Maybe I'll get something done for an upcoming day, thanks you so much for your help :)

I never thought to submit art more than once either! This thread has been helpful to me, now I'm going to resubmit a bunch of my stuff!

haha glad this could come of help to you too! I'll be crossing my fingers for you to get in :)

It's also unlikely you'll get in several times in a row, so it's good to take long breaks before submitting again. You know, "they want to give everyone a chance eeeeeeeh".

At least that's is how I've been able to get in almost every time.

haha okay well it's been several months since my acceptance..I think I got accepted back in january? so we'll see haha. I just resubmitted an image :) I did a little altering as well