Why does trading post even exist?

CurlyFreys

Either you make offers on trades that people never review so all your neopoints are just locked in that trade or the person requests a neomail offer and then once you make that offer never responds.

It's fine if you are going to say no to an offer but at least respond and say no, don't just ignore people.

Ugh.

Anyone else experienced this?

I would have no problem if it was just that they weren't online.

I'm more angry about the neomail stuff. You can see that they are online because their status keeps changing. It's just annoying, if you're not going to accept the offer just respond with no. Don't completely ignore the person.

If you recently put in your bid, they could just be waiting to see if they get a better offer. If you know others are online, you can always withdraw your bid and go to another lot :)

Sometimes you just have to be patient, I guess.

I'm only using it because it's pretty much the only place I can find the Lost Desert Paint Brush [which I have been trying to acquire for over three years,]

Well, since the Lost Desert Paint Brush is nearly (or over, not sure not) 3 million np, and the max you can offer on the TP is 800,000 np, maybe you should try the Auctions :)

Sometimes if I have an expensive item up for trade, I will be one of those people who wait to accept/reject offers if I'm not originally sold on what was offered. I like to ponder my offers to see what else I can get. Also when searching for an expensive offer I mail people first to see if I can haggle. I've always gotten a response :)

Guest Sabs

I'm not a super fan of the Trading Post, but I sometimes I have no choice if the item is super expensive and not found at the auctions. If someone is taking too long, then I just reject the offer so I get my neopoints back, and wait for another trade.

One time, a glitch happened when I accepted an offer on my SLM piece trade. I never received the girl's 150k, and she never got the map piece. The trade was still showing, as though nothing ever happened. We both sent in a help ticket with the trade lot number, and explained everything. Neopets apologized, and pretty much told us that they would not reimburse our neopoints or items. :thumbsdown: I always prefer the shop wizard if possible, and I find it a lot easier and faster when selling items under 100k.

My biggest gripe is when I put something up for trade, someone offers on it and then--based on the notification timestamps--revokes their offer three to five minutes later. HELLO, YOU MORON! I can't be on every minute of every day! (This usually happens when I'm asleep, no less.)

One time, someone made an offer and I was checking the prices of the individual items to see if they added up to what I was asking. When I saw they'd revoked while I was price-checking, I decided that they probably wouldn't have met my request, anyway. :P

For the most part, I like the TP. It's easy to set up a trade and to accept/reject. Something I don't like about TP is the price checking, people can easily inflate the price. I wish a description of what a person wants was required too.

It is annoying to log in to find offers withdrawn but at least we can withdraw unlike auctions or shops.

I really like the trading post. I feel like I have a lot more success with getting what I want for an item on the tp as compared to auctioning - especially those items that fall in the 100k-250k range. I feel like when I auction I end up losing np - I guess it depends on if you're looking for a quick sale or if you're willing to wait to make a little more.

I've had pretty good luck with the TP. I usually wait on offers that are at least 15K less than what I asked for (I hate it when items in the TP don't have an asking price, so I always specify how much I want and that I prefer pure NP). The only offers I deliberately ignore are when someone offers me like 10K and a HTS item because I feel like they're almost trying to scam me. If people weren't able to withdraw their offers, I'd just reject them anyway, but since they can, I don't really feel bad about it. I guess I'm a little petty sometimes :laughingsmiley: