Reasons why I've had it with the AC

So, if I'm understanding and remembering what I saw on another thread right, the cap for game wins of Yooyuball is 68 a day, right?

If that's true, then In order to reach ALL-STAR ranking by ONLY playing YYB, You'd have to send the max sends for about 19 and a half days!

I agree with what's been said about the prizes, thus far, NOT being worth the effort! I really am a big Maraqua fan, but for Pete's sake keep the cap higher, not everyone has 20 days to devote to playing 68 games of YYB per day! I also agree it should be more like two weeks for the whole event, unless they come up with something to keep it from getting so tedious. Also, if they know there's going to be a lot of activity due to an event like this, that's going to cause lags in the game, and I don't know if it COULD work like this, but maybe they could bring in some more powerful servers or something to cut down the insane lag that occurs during peak times when most people are on! Even the low-quality version of the game was lagging BAD for me yesterday!

Anyway, back to the prizes not being worth the effort, Last year I didn't do so well in the AC, site-fatigue, it happens. ;) But 2 year's ago, I did pretty darn well for not having participated in the AC since AC #2. I got to rank 16, 938 wins I think, and had 8000 goals total. I don't remember the prize-shop points of course, but I was somewhere like, 1000 away from being able to get an Altador Cup Throwing Star. It sure would be NICE if GOALs, totaled or Goals Per Game average, helped with getting prize shop points at least! When I bought my ACTS from the trading post.and last year with the Stone Foam Finger, They were both roughly the same price when they were fresh out of the prize shops. Even though the ACTS was a 13 icon weapon, and the SFF was 15. Frankly, I don't see how people can get more than 1 with as hard as it is to earn prize shop points to even get the first one. You know?

I too, dislike groups of people mass-playing to stack the deck as to which team will win the AC. I think that if people doing that are THAT bored that they have to rig the standings, they should just find something else to do and leave the AC, and other events, to the knock down drag-out cut-throat yooyu-flinging free-for-all the AC should be! ;)

Also, one last note, it would be NICE if next year, the "announcers" had some NEW news to talk about the teams. Not the same old stuff from 2+ years ago. ;) Maybe some new animations? And getting a better goalie for Maraqua would be awesome! ;)

i don't have a problem with these ASGs joining teams as long as they're actually putting in the work. it's the cheating groups that cross the line.

So, if I'm understanding and remembering what I saw on another thread right, the cap for game wins of Yooyuball is 68 a day, right?

If that's true, then In order to reach ALL-STAR ranking by ONLY playing YYB, You'd have to send the max sends for about 19 and a half days!

I agree with what's been said about the prizes, thus far, NOT being worth the effort! I really am a big Maraqua fan, but for Pete's sake keep the cap higher, not everyone has 20 days to devote to playing 68 games of YYB per day!

Aw man, is that the math? This year I really wanted to do a YYB-only run. Guess I picked the wrong AC to do it. If I start to run out of days I'll have to fall back on SOSD.

Also one really tiny nitpick, the players' info page on the team summaries still say that the LD players Luvea Trivon and Derbi Azar still have "Inexperience" as a weakness yet they've been on the team since I started playing in ACIII, so I'm fairly certain they're not exactly rookies anymore. And I bet if I looked at other teams it would also be the case. I just want a content update so badly!

Aw man, is that the math? This year I really wanted to do a YYB-only run. Guess I picked the wrong AC to do it. If I start to run out of days I'll have to fall back on SOSD.

Also one really tiny nitpick, the players' info page on the team summaries still say that the LD players Luvea Trivon and Derbi Azar still have "Inexperience" as a weakness yet they've been on the team since I started playing in ACIII, so I'm fairly certain they're not exactly rookies anymore. And I bet if I looked at other teams it would also be the case. I just want a content update so badly!

you can't really rank up by SOSD alone. by a certain point, the number of times you have to play it to rank up is more than the new cap (762), so try a combo of things. if you're trying to rank up, and you're quick, you can max out SoSD in less than two hours.

I hate having to play the games ALL DAY to max out on YYB and SOSD, they take me hours and leave little time for other priorities. I must clean, cook, and sew (cosplays), too! It's also making me miss all the glorious weather out there. Currently I'm at Rank 10, so I'm at least halfway there, but ugh...too much.....I'll probably stop once I reach Rank 20, but the fact that you have to keep going further just to reach the highest amount of points possible for the best prizes is just discouraging.

I'm awfully tired of the intro that starts up every time I open SOSD. Wish I could skip it. Especially since I watch or listen to stuff while playing. And the fact that after 40-45 games the Flash slows down, making me have to refresh it.

I hate having to play the games ALL DAY to max out on YYB and SOSD, they take me hours and leave little time for other priorities. I must clean, cook, and sew (cosplays), too! It's also making me miss all the glorious weather out there. Currently I'm at Rank 10, so I'm at least halfway there, but ugh...too much.....I'll probably stop once I reach Rank 20, but the fact that you have to keep going further just to reach the highest amount of points possible for the best prizes is just discouraging.

I'm awfully tired of the intro that starts up every time I open SOSD. Wish I could skip it. Especially since I watch or listen to stuff while playing. And the fact that after 40-45 games the Flash slows down, making me have to refresh it.

Ugh, tell me about it.

I hate that the required number of points-to-next-rank jump every time you hit a new shield cover. It's insane, really.

And I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one who gets lag after playing too many games. Mine usually hits out around the 40 game mark as well.

i refresh SOSD every 30 plays and MSN/SS (i play them jointly) at the top of each hour just to cut down on lag.

i too wish we could skip, or even turn off, the intro to SOSD and even the scenes in YYB because they NEVER change....the ixi and grrarl are STILL talking about Osielle being the key to Terror Mountain and he's never my top goal scorer (well.....after Prytariel...obviously if you're on TM, Prytariel will be doing most of the scoring). they've been saying that for years.

the bracket system strikes again...we're doing better than Shenkuu this round but we're still ranked dead last :(

I've stopped playing to try to get Shenkuu up the board, and now just play to get myself not just better levels, but just good amounts of points so that I can buy stuff in the Prize Shop afterwards.

One more rank. I'm only one rank away from getting All-Star again. And thankfully, I can get it by maxing out SoSd tomorrow. Then I can kiss this silly thing goodbye for another year.

Just got to keep telling myself that. The pain is almost over.

Somehow, I don't think this is the feeling they were anticipating people having throughout the AC.

One more rank. I'm only one rank away from getting All-Star again. And thankfully, I can get it by maxing out SoSd tomorrow. Then I can kiss this silly thing goodbye for another year.

Just got to keep telling myself that. The pain is almost over.

Somehow, I don't think this is the feeling they were anticipating people having throughout the AC.

I honestly doubt they would. If so, you can bet they would have probably retired the event. Sure, there's also the argument of "why jut not play if you don't like it?" Because THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. All-Star is serious business. The most point possible for the best prizes are serious business. All events for that matter = serious business. :P

I have said those words too many times in this post alone. DX Buuut I think we get the idea.

I have to say, I am terrible at all flash games!! Can't stand them and to play only two of them( I can't figure out yoyuo ball and goal game is beyond me) I am having issues making it to level one! They need ways to contribute besides flash games.

I sure would like to see other ways of participation, since I'm personally sick of playing these games hundreds or even thousands of times per year. It gets so tedious and boring and just ugh. A puzzle would be nice for a change. >.>

I honestly doubt they would. If so, you can bet they would have probably retired the event. Sure, there's also the argument of "why jut not play if you don't like it?" Because THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. All-Star is serious business. The most point possible for the best prizes are serious business. All events for that matter = serious business. :P

I have said those words too many times in this post alone. DX Buuut I think we get the idea.

I sure would like to see other ways of participation, since I'm personally sick of playing these games hundreds or even thousands of times per year. It gets so tedious and boring and just ugh. A puzzle would be nice for a change. >.>

I can't help myself. I'm completely OCD when it comes to these things, so if I ever start, I have to see it through to the end. Not to mention I'm compelled to round everything up to a multiple of ten.

I have problems!

*sobs*

• 2 weeks later...