FIFA World Cup 2014

leverhelven

did you see Suarez biting Chiellini ??!!

and that red card was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unfair !!

I DID! And that wasn't even the first time Suarez bit another player... FREAKY!!! :whaa: :whaa:

And what red card? Didn't see the whole match...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GREECE!!!!! :D :D :D

2-1!!!! THIS IS AMAZING. FIRST TIME IN SWEET 16! ;-)

so happy!

ΠΑΜΕ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ! ΠΑΜΕ ΝΑ ΚΕΡΔΙΣΟΥΜΕ ΤΟ ΜΟΥΝΤΙΑΛ.

That was indeed amazing! I feel for Ivory Coast though... Did you see their main player crying? Anyways, congrats on Greece, that's a remarkable feat! :)

That was indeed amazing! I feel for Ivory Coast though... Did you see their main player crying? Anyways, congrats on Greece, that's a remarkable feat! :)

Yes I did, and they would have moved on if they didn't foul.. But I am happy they did as Greece moves on! :D

GREECE VS. COSTA RICA NEXT

GOGOGO

Brazil x Chile is on right now and WHY DO I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT IT? :(

Maybe it's because our team actually sucks and the only decent player is Neymar but you can't have a one-player team so anyways

edited after the penalties: I'M OFFICIALLY DEAD BY HEART ATTACK.

Edited by leverhelven

I'm not really following the event, BUT, I want to share with everyone that my mother fell in love with the soccer ball used in the cup this year. She ordered her Brazucas online and we went to pick them up today. XD

Hi I'm dead.

And crying, but mostly dead.

*curls up into fetal position around a football and cries like WE WERE THERE AND IN THE LAST THREE MINUTES WE ghostkerchiefED IT UP*

Awwwn honey, I know, I know :( *hugs* I was definitely rooting for Mexico. Last Cup Brazil was eliminated by Holland too. It is indeed frustrating. I'm so sorry! :sad01_anim:

I'm not really following the event, BUT, I want to share with everyone that my mother fell in love with the soccer ball used in the cup this year. She ordered her Brazucas online and we went to pick them up today. XD

That's probably the most adorable thing I've heard about the Cup so far! <3 Is your Mom a soccer fan? What do you think about the Brazucas? :)

I'm finally not depressed, after making the entire Stark family from GoT on The Sims 2 and then building them Winterfell. *sigh*

At least Germany (my pick to win it all) is still in!

Related to football, I'm trying to come up with a gift for a football fan & player. She plays indoor football & is in desperate need of cleats & balls (since the league they play in doesn't provide balls for them, they have to constantly be buying and destroying cheaper balls). I might get on the Brazuca bandwagon here.

No she isn't a Cup or a Soccer fan... So really, it was just for the design of the ball. She loves them. She got the regular one and the final one, small size since it's not to play with :P

Hi I'm dead.

And crying, but mostly dead.

*curls up into fetal position around a football and cries like WE WERE THERE AND IN THE LAST THREE MINUTES WE ghostkerchiefED IT UP*

THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW ;((((

GREECE WHYYY??

GEKASS

SO SAD. GREECE COULD OF PULLED AN UPSET.

AUGH

Sorry about Greece, ~Goomy! Both Greece and Costa Rica were very unexpected teams to get this far, so I'd be happy with any outcome.

I'm finally not depressed, after making the entire Stark family from GoT on The Sims 2 and then building them Winterfell. *sigh*

At least Germany (my pick to win it all) is still in!

Related to football, I'm trying to come up with a gift for a football fan & player. She plays indoor football & is in desperate need of cleats & balls (since the league they play in doesn't provide balls for them, they have to constantly be buying and destroying cheaper balls). I might get on the Brazuca bandwagon here.

I think Germany and Holland are the best teams so far, thus more likely to win. We'll see! Holland has a tradition of getting 2nd place tho... :P

Well I don't know if the Brazuca will actually be a cheap ball... Though I actually don't know if the Brazuca they're selling is perhaps a cheaper, collector's item ball not exactly made for playing. If it's the real deal though, your friend won't need another ball anytime soon, but you'll most likely go bankrupt :P

Sorry about Greece, ~Goomy! Both Greece and Costa Rica were very unexpected teams to get this far, so I'd be happy with any outcome.

Its okay, ill just need to do go do something to cure my sadness.

Aw man, I wish Argelia had won. They fought bravely! I was hoping they'd go to the penalties because the German newspaper Bild listed some reasons why Brazil won't win the Cup, and one of those reasons was "Champions don't need to go to the penalties in order to fight for a quarter-finals spot".

Germans... meh. -_-

I HATE THE DUTCH! *looks around for any Dutch posters* .... sorry. They humiliated Spain and knocked out Mexico, two out of the three teams that I rooted for in this tournament. And I have no doubt that Argentina and Holland will face each other soon so if they eliminate Argentina, too.... aarrgggh.

So today we have another Brazil match, and... Honestly? The only reason I'm excited is that, when Brazil has a match, that day becomes a holiday (yeah, they do this here). So today I managed to escape an awful, awful teacher training, at least for a day, thanks to Brazil playing.

Aaaaand, IF Brazil wins today, they're playing again on Tuesday, which will mean... ANOTHER day off from that awful, awful teacher training! So... GO BRAZIL! Make me proud able to sleep until noon again!

EDITED AFTER THE END OF THE MATCH: Did this Cup's referees buy their certificates?! What an AWFUL job they're doing! Colombian guys hits Neymar's back with his knee, Neymar leaves the field on a stretcher... and the referee does nothing. NOTHING.

Bah!

Edited by leverhelven

I lost sleep over Neymar's back fracture :(

and I am too nervous for the Argentina match tomorrow .. Belgium is a very good team

Tell me about it. We're doomed now. We are no match for Germany (we wouldn't be even if Neymar was still there, but now it's just worse).

I just can't accept the fact that the Colombian player (forgot his name) got away with nothing. Not even a yellow card, not even a common warning. Nothing.

I'd love to see Argentina losing (sorry, Angelo, haha) but I'm pretty sure they'll win. They're better than Belgium, I'm sure of that.

Netherlands barely got out of that match with Costa Rica alive! I don't wanna be too confident since the last time I was confident about a Dutch loss, Mexico got knocked out of the tournament. :| But all the same, I am so happy Argentina reached the semi-finals! Hope to see Germany vs. Argentina in the finals!