So Is it a going to be 15 teams battling for 4th place?

SOTAC and STEALTH have joined the same team practically garunteeing first for VP. While the ACGs have joined DC and HW so (so I heard DC not sure on that, sure on others). So its pretty much a 15 team cup for 4th place? :P

Although I believe an ACG did not join DC and instead HW and MT I cant be sure just yet!

ACGs are all cheating groups. Ive used it as a term to separate legit ASGs

ASG = All Star Group but what does ACG mean ??

Also I'm sure something weird is going on with Moltara ...

but why VirtuPets ?? they already won a couple years ago ...

Angelo, VP won with STEALTH for two years in a row. In AC4 they were last and then in AC5 went up to 6th and won in AC6.

ACGs are all cheating groups. Ive used it as a term to separate legit ASGs

Angelo, VP won with STEALTH for two years in a row. In AC4 they were last and then in AC5 went up to 6th and won in AC6.

Actually, no AC team has ever won twice, be it in a row or not. Virtupets has only won once. Though it would be interesting to see a team win again this year, so I kinda wish Moltara doesn't get 1st place :P

On the other hand, I feel ashamed that my team is being supported by ACGs. I wish we could stay on the top 3 at least, but I'm not sure if it's worth it this way.

There doesn't seem to be a way of winning the cup without being on a team that's getting help from one of the groups, cheating or otherwise. There was no question which teams were fighting it out for the trophy last year.
It's not just annoying for opposing teams, It devalues the efforts of players on the winning teams. I'm sure they have players who worked really hard and deserved to be recognised for that, but there are always going to be people saying 'they only won because...'.
None of this creates a nice atmosphere for anyone. I really wish something could be done about.

Someone said somewhere on the forum that they wouldn't mind a year without AC if it came back revamped. I agree, as long as the changes were significant and made the experience more enjoyable without losing the competitive edge. I think a lot of the fun has gone from the games and a lot of people are demoralised by the impossibility of winning fairly.

Actually, I found the SOTAC and ERVO members on RI last year highly motivating. I made All Star for the first time last year, and their members often came on the Rooligan boards to encourage us and cheer us on as we made our goals. They would participate in "races" to meet our daily goals (and other games -- one was a team goal, which we'd all contribute to, for whatever game we were focused on for the day). They never claimed that they won the victories for us; they always acted like we were working together as a team -- which we were. I know there were quite a few of us other Rooligans who were really buoyed by the All Stars and went a lot farther than we ever had before. And when we won, we felt like we'd contributed, too. I maxed out in SOSD against... either Altador or Tyrannia, I forget which, and I never would have imagined I would do that in an AC -- until it happened. So when we took a game against an ACG? Yeah, I felt like that was my victory. My team's victory, of which I played my tiny part -- the same as any individual player.

i think it'd be interesting to see a team win a second championship, but if Moltara is getting help, I'd much rather see them win. they're one of my top four favorite teams.....HW, MT, KD, and well.....that one team with the ice and stuff.,

Actually, no AC team has ever won twice, be it in a row or not. Virtupets has only won once. Though it would be interesting to see a team win again this year, so I kinda wish Moltara doesn't get 1st place :P

On the other hand, I feel ashamed that my team is being supported by ACGs. I wish we could stay on the top 3 at least, but I'm not sure if it's worth it this way.

I actually states that Vitrupets had STEALTH for 2 years in a row, not that they won :P And at this rate, they have this in the bag xD

Actually, I found the SOTAC and ERVO members on RI last year highly motivating. I made All Star for the first time last year, and their members often came on the Rooligan boards to encourage us and cheer us on as we made our goals. They would participate in "races" to meet our daily goals (and other games -- one was a team goal, which we'd all contribute to, for whatever game we were focused on for the day). They never claimed that they won the victories for us; they always acted like we were working together as a team -- which we were. I know there were quite a few of us other Rooligans who were really buoyed by the All Stars and went a lot farther than we ever had before. And when we won, we felt like we'd contributed, too. I maxed out in SOSD against... either Altador or Tyrannia, I forget which, and I never would have imagined I would do that in an AC -- until it happened. So when we took a game against an ACG? Yeah, I felt like that was my victory. My team's victory, of which I played my tiny part -- the same as any individual player.

Last year STEALTH and SOTAC were on different teams so it made the numbers a bit more balanced. Now, even with tnt lowering the caps, the two have joined the same team which pretty much garuntees a win. Unless Moltara sens some higher numbers of course.

I actually states that Vitrupets had STEALTH for 2 years in a row, not that they won :P And at this rate, they have this in the bag xD

Last year STEALTH and SOTAC were on different teams so it made the numbers a bit more balanced. Now, even with tnt lowering the caps, the two have joined the same team which pretty much garuntees a win. Unless Moltara sens some higher numbers of course.

regardless of where loyalties lie, how awesome would it be if Moltara were to finish on the podium? :D

regardless of where loyalties lie, how awesome would it be if Moltara were to finish on the podium? :D

It'd be cool, but honestly I'd enjoy it much more if Faerieland got on the podium someday... They're such a lovely team, it's sad to see them at the bottom everytime! xD

And siniri, what does ERVO stand for?

ERVO is a French ASG. Their members would come onto the English Rooligan boards sometimes, especially around score-dump time. They usually hung out on the French boards, but on particularly tough days, some of them came to the English boards to cheer us on, which I thought was really sweet. I don't think they're very big, but they would put up monster numbers for their size, especially in one of the side games (I forget which one now).

Someone is definitely helping Moltara...has Clraik been accounted for?

The group which I've pretty much left (except for a toe in the swimming pool, hee hee) is doing HW this year.

If Stealth and SOTAC are on the same team, the rest of us are dead. Even the most prolific ASG/ACG couldn't flatten a two-group pairing like that. O.o

If they did, I would consider them the same as TY. If a cheating group helps them win, they didnt win in my book.

True dat. I mean, it'd be interesting to see a team that's always at the bottom end up at the top, but I have been disconsidering the AC's final results for years now. At least when Haunted Woods won, back in AC 1, it was probably legit, since it was the very first cup...

Well, honestly this is helping me not feel guilty for not planning on playing much. I'd normally feel bad because I'd feel like I was dragging my team behind, but since there are groups 'helping' HW, I know my contribution will be irrelevant.

At least I won't spend so much time with the AC this year, that's always a plus. :D

Every cup until AC7 I consider true winners since cheating groups werent a big thing until then. I remember meridell had that thing on AC7 but they couldnt play YYB until AC8 (the cheating program) so MD ended third. However AC7, kreludor won fair and square as well as kicking my teams butt :P

Yeah, that's what I meant. The first Cups were all probably legit since all those specialized groups weren't prepared or formed yet.

Now it's more a matter of standing back and watch 2 or 3 teams, tops, degladiate each other while you play for no effect. :P

Kreludor are my favorite winners so far....i kept rooting for Derlyn Fonnet's team those years when they kept coming close.