Team Loyalty and Avatars

Ashbash

I was thinking earlier today about how a lot of people like to stick with the same team year after year. I was curious if anyone would have a change of heart if there was an avatar for each team in the cup? Similar to how there was an avatar for Battleground of the Obelisk only you wouldn't actually have to win while on this team. So anyways the point of this is the following question:

If you were given an avatar for the specific team you joined each year, would you continue to stick with your usual team or would you join a different team each year to collect them all?

I hate to admit it but I would definitely switch teams. Avatar collecting is my favourite thing to do on the site, I'd have to have them!! *grabby hands*

Guest Sabs

That's tough. lol I would hate to ruin my loyalty streak with my team. But, I might collect all the avatars just encase they retire.

I would switch to get avatars... I think it would be quite fun to collect them

haha well I had a hard time picking my team this round anyways...I would keep switching. But the question is...how long will the AC stick around.. hmm

I guess that was a silly question, then. I don't know one person in this game (or at least on this board) who wouldn't love the chance to bounce about and collect avvies each year. *high five*

It would probably be tempting to switch but I know that I'd never actually be able to collect all of them (18 more years? I don't think I can manage that...) so I'd probably just stick with Faerieland. But then, with all the team switching, it wouldn't be all the same people as normal so it would be different anyway. It's a tough question.

it would take a lot more than a silly avatar to make me leave Terror Mountain....like Prytariel getting traded/retired or a year where TM DOESN'T compete (like how teams sat out early tournaments to keep an even number)

it would take a lot more than a silly avatar to make me leave Terror Mountain....like Prytariel getting traded/retired or a year where TM DOESN'T compete (like how teams sat out early tournaments to keep an even number)

Pretty much the same for me. I love collecting avatars but I'm extremely loyal to Mystery Island! It would have to take all my fellow MIYPits to leave, MI not playing, and Vela Binal leaving to leave.

I'm still upset over losing Bertie Shurtz but Mystery Island still has my full support ^^

Pretty much the same for me. I love collecting avatars but I'm extremely loyal to Mystery Island! It would have to take all my fellow MIYPits to leave, MI not playing, and Vela Binal leaving to leave.

I'm still upset over losing Bertie Shurtz but Mystery Island still has my full support ^^

Prytariel is one of the main reasons I joined TM six years ago; my favorite species is the Aisha and she's an Aisha captain. Heck, my first pet from my first account was a cloud Aisha for a long time. I adore Prytariel. :)

if she left Terror Mountain, there's no guarantee i'd leave with her, but i would strongly consider it.

I guess having one avatar for each team and having to join ALL the teams to obtain them wouldn't be a very good idea, BUT a loyalty avatar would be nice. Say, if you've joined the same team at least 2 or 3 times in a row, you'd get an avatar. Obviously, the avatar wouldn't be team-specific, it could just say something like "Loyal Fan" or something like that. But yes, hypothetically speaking, I would change teams if it meant getting an avatar.

It seems like avatars greatly outweigh loyalty. Loyalty shmoyalty! If there are avatars involved, everybody will drop their loyalty to get all of them. I never understood the point of having to have every single avatar in existence, especially when quite a few are long retired and you can't get them anymore, they're not that special, they're overrated, they're just 50X50 little blinking pixels...I don't get other players.

So no, I don't think avatars would be a good idea. The AC is already greatly messed up to begin with, avatars for each team would just mess it up even more. We don't need any more team bandwagoning.

I guess having one avatar for each team and having to join ALL the teams to obtain them wouldn't be a very good idea, BUT a loyalty avatar would be nice. Say, if you've joined the same team at least 2 or 3 times in a row, you'd get an avatar. Obviously, the avatar wouldn't be team-specific, it could just say something like "Loyal Fan" or something like that. But yes, hypothetically speaking, I would change teams if it meant getting an avatar.

This. An avatar out of loyalty, I think, is a great idea. It means that you can't just earn an avvie by joining a team, but have to stick with said team for a long time in order to obtain it. As long as it isn't team specific of course, because if it was, then you'd have to switch every few years after you've earned the Loyalty avatar for another team. Nope. Do not want.

That said, I think I'd probably only choose the teams I like the most and get the avvies for my favorite teams. I've been quite tempted at the thought of joining the Darigan or HW teams, but my loyalty to Maraqua prevails in the end. Should something like this happen, I'd probably play for a few teams for a year each for the avvies and then return to Maraqua. So...I'd only switch for some of the avvies, but not for all of them.

I'd stick with my team. I look forward to the Altador Cup, but I know I would be a lot less enthusiastic if I was just playing for a random team each year. I've invested a lot in my team: hours of playing, putting together customizations for my pets, and starting a related gallery. I'm never going to get all of the avatars, and they just haven't been that much of a priority.

I'm *relatively* loyal to Shenkuu, although I only say that because I'm such a sporadic player. Some years I'll miss the AC entirely or come back right in the middle of it. I'll just kind of go "eh, don't feel like playing this year" and not join any team.

That being said, Shenkuu is my favourite and I've even written some fanfiction about them, haha. But on to the avatar talk: Yes, I would totally go around each year to join a different team in order to get the avatar. It will take years, but I would like to give it a go!

This idea sounds really good! It would really encourage people to stick to their teams. :)

Would you please link me to your Shenkuu fanfic(s), Tivsy? I'd be interested in reading them. :)

Oh gosh, I haven't uploaded them anywhere. A few of my friends have read them, but they're so outdated now because I was writing them years ago, haha!