Have you ever been banned from a shop on Neopets for haggling too long?

Have you ever been banned from a shop on Neopets  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Banned from a shop if so how many times?

• WAIT WHAT! You can get banned from a shop?! (No never)
    • Only once (but I was just trying to get a good deal.)
    • More than 5 times (I wanted to ensure the best deal)
    • 5 or more (I really wanted to see how cheap I could get the item for.

I was wondering if anyone on here as ever gotten banned from a shop on Neopets before such as the book store,plushie store ect.? By banned I mean kicked out of the store for a few seconds before being allowed to purchase from there or making a shopkeeper so angry that they refuse to serve you for a few seconds? Also is there any shops where you get kicked out more often for me it's a tie between the book store and the plushie store.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'General Chat' to 'Neopets General Chat'.

Hehe really? Woah I can't believe that, I haggled like 20 times once and i didn't get banned XD

Maybe some shopkeepers are more lenient than others because I think I haggle 20 times because the shopkeeper kept on haggling the price up as I raised the price and it was only a 99 neopoint difference.

Years ago I got banned quite a few times from various stores when I tried restocking, and it didn't seem like I was attempting it many times. Of the few times I've tried buying items recently it has yet to happen, so idk what their system is for it, kinda weird.

I've done it once to see what price I could get him down to when starting out and had few np. It's also happened a few other times when I mistyped on the keypad and made them mad...get booted pretty quickly. Sometimes if you offer a huge amount lower than asking (like 10k less) then they'll get mad sooner. I have a habit of typing too quickly for my old, slow mac.

I was able to go back in right away but sometimes the price was still set like 5k higher than the original price.

I don't think I ever have, I didn't know you could even get kicked out. How long does it take before you can go back in again?

It takes maybe a minute or maybe a few seconds I'm not sure what would be an exact time limit.

I don't know if RS banning is the same as a haggle ban...I honestly don't try with that too much.

I was going to say that that's never happened to me; but now that I think of it, it seems like I got a shopkeeper mad once while I was trying for the Dark Lurker avvie...

Yeah! It happened to me one time. I forgot which shop it was, though. I'm not big on the restocking scene so as much as possible, I avoid haggling and give an amount close to the original price. Then again, I was pretty sure the price I entered was pretty close to the original but the shopkeeper still wouldn't accept it. :|

• 1 year later...

I just got banned from the toy shop! This was the first time this ever happened to me. Lol that's funny. I'm glad that I'm only barred for a few seconds though, I got really worried! Thank you for this post ^_^

I didn't even know it was possible. Is it really because you haggle too much or can it happen randomly and regardless?

Haha, I didn't know you could actually get banned :laughingsmiley: I have pushed my luck before until the shopkeeper started increasing their price, it amuses me intently to know that eventually they'll kick you out. xD

• 1 month later...

There you go. As I was discovering the world of restocking I received my very first ban. All the shops were empty for hours and hours...

I'll have to become more sneaky!

I got kicked out of the food and bookstore plenty of times in the past.

I got kicked out of Usukiland for not having enough money after haggling a ton! Woo.

That is the reason I got kicked out. I laughed and laughed ^_^