Shaving my head for charity!

Saxen

Hey everyone!

I have decided to shave my head to raise money for a charity that's doing some very important work. The charity is World Child Cancer, and they provide treatment and pain relief for children suffering with cancer in developing countries.
I really hope to raise over a thousands pounds, but for the moment the target is set at five hundred as I don't have a facebook and don't have any friends in the area that I've recently moved to - so you guys are my only hope!

I will be making a video next week to post here so you guys can see me, and I'll talk about the charity in a bit more detail as well. I'll also be videoing my hair being shaved off! This hair will then be donated to The Little Princess Trust who provide real-hair wigs for children that have lost their hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.

This is the link to my donation page: http://www.justgiving.com/Shannon-Lambert (and yes my real name is Shannon :P)

**Even if you don't plan on donating, please click this page and share it with your facebook friends, it would really help a lot**

Every single penny goes to World Child Cancer.

Please check out their website: http://www.worldchildcancer.org/

And The Little Princess Trust: http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/

These causes are so, so important, and I would be so grateful if you would help me to support them. Anything you can give would be amazing.

Thanks so much. Love you all x

:O Brianna!! Thank you so much for your donation!

And thank you for the good lucks :)

If people could keep this page 'bumped' (remember the 7 word rule though!) I would really appreciate it

I was about to donate but they do not have a Paypal option, but I'd like to say that you are a very kind and caring person. I've lost a lot of family and family-friends to cancer and to see people working to try to find a cure makes me hopeful for our future.

:O Brianna!! Thank you so much for your donation!

You're oh so welcome!

I had the rare opportunity to see the opposite side of fundraising like this through my sorority. I got to see firsthand the impact it can make in a child's life as well as how much it means to their families. We had two families that we sponsored through THON (Penn State's Philanthropy) and they became very dear to me over the course of my four years spent at university. Until we find a cure I can't say no to charities that are taking steps in the right direction. For the Kids.

both my sister and i shaved our heads when a friend got cancer. good on you, smiles.

That's very sweet of you. I hope your friend is doing okay x

I was about to donate but they do not have a Paypal option, but I'd like to say that you are a very kind and caring person. I've lost a lot of family and family-friends to cancer and to see people working to try to find a cure makes me hopeful for our future.

After you choose your amount on the donation page, the following page has a PayPal option. I'm sorry to hear about how cancer has touched your life and of those around you :( I hope to do a lot more fundraising for various cancer charities in the future

I had the rare opportunity to see the opposite side of fundraising like this through my sorority. I got to see firsthand the impact it can make in a child's life as well as how much it means to their families. We had two families that we sponsored through THON (Penn State's Philanthropy) and they became very dear to me over the course of my four years spent at university. Until we find a cure I can't say no to charities that are taking steps in the right direction. For the Kids.

That's amazing that you got to work so closely with families and see the work that you did help people :) Thank you so much again for your donation x With people like you behind me my target doesn't seem so impossible!

Outstanding! What a wonderful thing you're doing! My family, like many other have been affected by childhood cancer. I couldn't imagine a child enduring this kind of pain in a county with limited options in terms of treatment. I wish I had the guts to shave my head, bravo!! :D

I think it's awesome that you are planning to do that..

In 2005 (when I was 12) I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and it took a couple years of treatment to get rid of it. Oddly, I am kind of glad that happened because it opened my eyes to these and similar charities for people going through similar things. It warms my heart to see how thoughtful and charitable people are, and I'm glad to meet all of them.

Once again, thank you so much for what you are doing, it means more to the kids than you might think.

Thanks so much for your support everyone, I hope I can make this a success and raise a lot of money. Hopefully it'll get a bit more attention when I post up a video ^^

You really are such a beautiful, beautiful person <3 I'm sure many of us will be keeping up with all your videos! :)

Cancer awareness is something close to my heart as well; my mom is going through her third round of chemo right now, and one of my S.O's young cousins is going through her second round of chemo at only 14 years old. This means a lot to so many people <3 We'll keep this bumped! :D

You really are such a beautiful, beautiful person <3 I'm sure many of us will be keeping up with all your videos! :)

Cancer awareness is something close to my heart as well; my mom is going through her third round of chemo right now, and one of my S.O's young cousins is going through her second round of chemo at only 14 years old. This means a lot to so many people <3 We'll keep this bumped! :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and s.o's cousin, my thoughts and wishes are with them and with you. xx

That's strange... it should show up automatically -- have you checked your bank statements to see if it's been listed? (Thank you SO SO much btw!!!)

OH!

And by the way everyone, I'm making my video this wednesday, so it should hopefully be up that day, or the day after if it needs editing ^^ -- if people could please keep bumping this topic I will love you <3

Aww thank you Stephanie ^^ That's so kind of you to say! Thank you so much for considering donating as well, it really means a lot <3

I donated, I'm sorry I couldn't give more but I recently got a new kitten and his vet bills drained all my spare cash.

Thank you so much for your donation, Hanna!! I completely understand about your little kitty (so cute, and so sweet of you to take him in like that) :wub_anim:

My donations don't seem to be showing at the moment, so I'm going to give JustGiving a call tomorrow and see if there's a glitch on my page that needs to be sorted.

It's showing the -$10 in my bank account so it definitely went through

I just spoke to a lady at JustGiving and she says that if it didn't go through it's something to do with either your bank/card or the details you provided, but that she can't discuss it any further with me because it's sensitive information and I'm not the account holder *facepalm*

I said you were all in the US, and she said to e-mail [email protected] and someone will get back to you about it. There's also this page I found on their website

Nightmare!! I'm so sorry about this guys!

I will try again :) i received an email stating the following "We're sorry to say the card you used to donate to World Child Cancer on JustGiving was rejected."

So Everyone who has tried, check your email, they most likely sent an email to you.

I do not know why it was rejected, but I will try a different way later :)