I found a 5 week old sick kitten

Navy

Oh my God! How can people be so cruel to animals? :( Thank goodness he met you. Hope you have the best of luck caring for him. Please keep us updated! I've been through this situation twice before, if you need any tips, please contact me!

That's so lucky you found him!!!! Aww poor little love :( I hope he gets better soon!

Awww!! He's adorable. I'm glad a kind person like you took him in. He probably sensed you would help him, and ran to you. Animals are amazing like that. I really hope he gets better.

Please post updates! :)

That's a really cute kitten! I don't know why someone would just leave a kitten as young as 5 weeks old on the side of the road. I'm glad that you found him because he might have not been found and he might have no done well in the pound. I can't really offer any tips to help since I never owned a cat but I have a dog I got from the pound and it took her awhile to warm up to people because she has been through a lot but I think Ringo should warm up to you quickly since he knows that you saved him but when he gets older or if you have company over be careful because he might be suspicious of a certain person or a certain gender.

woah! just got home and on my computer, that image size was HUGE.

I have a video of him drinking water for the first time since I've gotten him at the vet here.

He's doing well, I have other cats, which is why he has to be quarantined, and this isn't my first rodeo dealing with abandoned animals. I just don't understand how they could just leave him, if they couldn't take care of him why not just take him to the shelter's drop box? It's 100% anonymous and free and they have a vet there, and the kittens are always the first to be adopted, the younger the better.

woah! just got home and on my computer, that image size was HUGE.

I have a video of him drinking water for the first time since I've gotten him at the vet here.

He's doing well, I have other cats, which is why he has to be quarantined, and this isn't my first rodeo dealing with abandoned animals. I just don't understand how they could just leave him, if they couldn't take care of him why not just take him to the shelter's drop box? It's 100% anonymous and free and they have a vet there, and the kittens are always the first to be adopted, the younger the better.

Maybe they didn't have enough gas or didn't know but I'm surprised they have a vet there the one here they only give them rabies and everything else you do yourself including bathing and such or they most likely didn't care also I'm glad to hear he's doing well because some people in my family have taken in dogs,cats,and one time a horse before at some point and some of the younger animals didn't do the best and couldn't be treated.

Oh my goodness, what a poor little fella :( bless your soul! I'm so happy you found him and took him to get immediate help. I used to work at a vets office and I've seen terrible acts of animal abuse and abandonment with often tragic endings. I'm glad his will be a good one. Since it seems like he's going to be well, I'll be looking forward to seeing updated images of him looking healthy and dapper ;)

My kitten was a rescue that was brought into the vets as well, they said he would have brain damage, and even though is may be a little dumb lol, he's grown up so healthy

I'm glad he has someone who knows what they're doing to take good care of him and nurse him back to health :)

It's also possible that he wasn't abandoned by a human. My first foster litter was about that age or a tad younger and had terrible respiratory issues. They were to be put down that night because they were sick and I got em' just in the nick of time. My most recent was two sisters who were found together at 7 days old and I nursed them back to health (luckily I was working at a vet's office at the time so my anxiety was cheap.) We had little guys come in all the time that were found and the area didn't have many outdoor cats and there were plenty of places to take them, so maybe he's from a feral colony? I just hate to think his situation was due to human negligence.

He is lucky to have you, and I'm sure he'll clean up wonderfully! Seems like you have a good vet as well, it would have cost double that here to have everything checked out!

Does he have long hair? It seems his ears are fuzzy but I can't be sure.

It's also possible that he wasn't abandoned by a human. My first foster litter was about that age or a tad younger and had terrible respiratory issues. They were to be put down that night because they were sick and I got em' just in the nick of time. My most recent was two sisters who were found together at 7 days old and I nursed them back to health (luckily I was working at a vet's office at the time so my anxiety was cheap.) We had little guys come in all the time that were found and the area didn't have many outdoor cats and there were plenty of places to take them, so maybe he's from a feral colony? I just hate to think his situation was due to human negligence.

He is lucky to have you, and I'm sure he'll clean up wonderfully! Seems like you have a good vet as well, it would have cost double that here to have everything checked out!

Does he have long hair? It seems his ears are fuzzy but I can't be sure.

Luckily he already can eat soft food, so I just need to mix it with a little KRM and it saved me from having to bottle feed him.

Yeah, he definitely has long fur, he's like a little puff ball. I'm going to wipe him down with some ivory dish soap tomorrow to get rid of the fleas. I bought him some ear mite drops, his eyes were stain and there's no signs of ulcers. I've fostered strays in the past and the vet is a family friend so she always gives me a good deal, she even spays and neuters the strays I bring in for $30 males and $60 females

Aw! Poor sweet baby! Good thing he found you and vice versa! I volunteer at my local animal shelter and see thing like that sometimes. Once we got a kitten in who was found in a trash bag in a trash bin and was in so much need of help :( A few weeks ago a 10 day old kitten came in who was eating cow milk for a day before he was brought in. He had to go into foster care and had to be bottle fed. So it does unfortunately happen a lot but thankfully there are good people like you helping! The kitten must have heard about you from other cats :3

$150 is a small price to pay for a lifetime friend (says someone who has twice paid the humane society fee!)

The two we have now are a gift from the Goddess, in their own crazy ways. ;)

(I know my Lauren is, for certain...we had a two year old who didn't work out, so we took her back and we were supposed to pay the difference between the adult cat fee and the kitten fee. Never happened! :D )

That poor baby! Some people truly can be so heartless to abandon an animal in need! Bless your heart, you likely saved that baby's life twice today. I hope little Ringo has a speedy recovery. In the meantime, you should absolutely know that you are a true hero to that sweet little kitten. He'll thank you by loving you the rest of his life. I'm glad you could take him to the vet and get him medicines. Animals suffering from sickness and abuse not only angers me in the highest, it breaks my heart to pieces.

I'm so glad you found him and took him in. You are an amazing person, you know. I would have taken him in too if I was able.

On another note, you take a glass blowing class? I'm jealous. I've always wanted to do that!!

a91c77ae86.jpg
882ed68d88.jpg
this morning after his bath, he had so much dirt and fleas running off of him, the towel I dried him off with was covered in dead fleas
protip: dawn dishsoap is easy on their skin but annihilates fleas and ticks

Aw! Poor sweet baby! Good thing he found you and vice versa! I volunteer at my local animal shelter and see thing like that sometimes. Once we got a kitten in who was found in a trash bag in a trash bin and was in so much need of help :( A few weeks ago a 10 day old kitten came in who was eating cow milk for a day before he was brought in. He had to go into foster care and had to be bottle fed. So it does unfortunately happen a lot but thankfully there are good people like you helping! The kitten must have heard about you from other cats :3

My mom said she once found a bag of three kittens hanging off a tree branch above a river, someone had tried to throw them in the river to drown them and they got caught. She had dogs that weren't cat-friendly at the time but her friend took them in for her.

Oh my goodness! He is so sweet! Rescues make the best pets <3 My aunt lives off of a major highway so she always ends up with drop offs. We got our kittens from her and my parents had a cat from her as well.

I went to give him his meds this morning and he's doing a lot better, his breathing sounds clear, he's not constantly sneezing anymore and he didn't have gunk all over his face like yesterday. He eats like a champ, too.

Would you look at that cutiepie! *flails*
You, ma'am, are a new hero of mine. A lot of people would have just left the poor thing right where it was because of the fact it was sick and looked so bad, instead of taking it to actually try and help it.
It's so nice to see that this little fella got lucky and is being cared for and loved. Amazing. Things like this restore my faith in mankind.

Good news everyone!

His inner eyelids are no longer up and his breathing sounds really clear. He has also stopped coughing and sneezing!

f5d5a16445.jpg