Customization Contest #2 Voting! :)

Guest Sabs

Customization Contest Entries #2  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Contest #2: Which customization do you like best?

2. 2. Contest #2 Continuation

3. 3. Vote for the next customization theme!

Guest Sabs

Hello Contestants, and TDNF! :) Here's a preview of the entries for Customization Contest #2!

The selected theme: Warrior Kacheek

You can click on the pictures to view the animation.

Want to enter for the next round? Check out this thread for details.
http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-customization-contest-there-will-be-a-prize/

Feel free to vote for a theme, or post your suggestions for the next contest.

Rules:

1. You can't vote for yourself, as stated in the rules on the Customization Contest thread.

2. You can vote for more than one entry.

3. If you don't want to select a vote for any of the 3 sections, select the "None" option along with the votes of your choice.

4. Voting for a theme is optional. If you don't want to vote for a theme, select "None".

5. If there is ever a tie in votes for the top 3 entries, then the voting deadline will be extended.

tdnf2.pngtdnf1.pngtdnf3.pngparticipant-2.png

Thanks to everyone that has entered and voted!

Congratulations to our top 3 winners! :D

First place: Sabs

Awarded: Gold trophy

Warrior of light!

30nkrqp.png

Second place: emily_speck_15

Awarded: Silver trophy and striped paint brush

33p61ck.png

Third place: Hert123

Awarded: Bronze Trophy

2i7o0af.png

I don't have a real name for her, although she does remind me of

Joan of Arc somehow. She's sad because she still has to fight, although the battle is almost over and she's certain she'll lose the next fight.

Contest #2

Entries are expired!

Entry #1
medium_preview.png

The naginata (the staff she's holding) is a traditional Japanese women's weapon...they'd use them to defend the home when their husbands were off to war.

Entry #2
Tribal Island warrior
medium_preview.png

Entry #3
Warrior Snow White
ta6m2v.png

Entry #4
Illusen's Warrior
medium_preview.png
Entry #5
medium_preview.png
This fellow here is the unlikely warrior... he's gruff and has some unorthodox methods of fighting monsters, but he's really softhearted. In his monster-hunting days, he's learned to take care of the mutant, ghost, halloween, and zombie neopets and treat them kindly as opposed to the real monsters.

Entry #7
2s7who1.png
It's supposed to be a Commander that has been resurrected from the dead and now is resurrecting his fallen army. As for the decapitated Space Faerie... who do you think resurrected him in the first place? ;) (Although he didn't show too much gratitude for her blessing... .)
Entry #8
67ry8h.png
I decided to represent a real-life warrior chieftain (or pirate queen, if you prefer, though she didn't consider herself a pirate at all), Gráinne Ní Mháille (commonly rendered as Grace O'Malley in English). When she told her father she wanted to be a sailor like him, he told her that her hair would catch in the rigging, so she chopped off her hair (and was sometimes called "Gráinne Mhaol," or "Gráinne the Bald"). Gráinne led various insurrections as England tried to exert power in her region of Ireland; the English "lord" could not catch her because of her sailing prowess. She sailed to England to negotiate directly with Queen Elizabeth I when the exasperated queen had Gráinne's sons taken hostage. Gráinne brought a dagger to their meeting, though she claimed it was for her own protection, and the two reached an agreement for the release of Gráinne's sons and a return of her lands and castle. When England did not keep up with its part of the bargain, Gráinne continued to lead insurrections.

I found a picture of a statue of Gráinne, and I'm pretty pleased with how accurately I was able to render it in Neopian terms (even down to her blouse, shawl, and sword). I added the dagger she brought to her meeting with Elizabeth, her cropped hair, and the rainy, cool weather of Ireland:
Entry #9

medium_preview.png

I don't have a real name for her, although she does remind me of

Joan of Arc somehow. She's sad because she still has to fight, although the battle is almost over and she's certain she'll lose the next fight.

Entry #10

Zombie Warrior

medium_preview.png

https://openneo-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/outfits/000/689/809/medium_preview.png

It was a chilly night- and a spooky one too. Wind howled, as if trying to escape an unseen prison... A thick fog blurred up everything in view. CRUNCH. W-what was that sound? I whirled around frantically, but saw nothing. Stop being such a coward, I told myself. It's just your imagination. I continued walking slowly and cautiously, my boots making a soft munching sound on the dead leaves. I heard a loud moan in my ears. I quickly shot forward, fearful of what it could be. "S-stop!" I shouted, not sure who or what I was talking to. An evil cackle rang out from the rustling bushes. It seemed to come out from all directions. "W-who are you?!" I demanded. "What do you want?!" I waved my flashlight uncontrollably, hoping the horrible noise would go away. Then I saw it. The evil creature. Horrified, I grabbed my flashlight and threw it as far as I could at the monster. It had rotten, scarred flesh and most of its face was disfigured. I felt like I was going to throw up. IT WAS A ZOMBIE. "Braaaaaiiiiiinssssss?" It asked, examining me. Scared, I bolted pass the trees, which didn't look like the peaceful plants anymore. Just... Evil. I ignored the thorns that pricked my skin. I had to get to the others- and fast. I had to warn them... That this was the night... When the Undead came back for revenge.

Entry #11

Warrior of light!

25r0ent.png

Entry #12

medium_preview.png

Entry #13

Jon Snow and Ygritte!

medium_preview.png

Guest Sabs

Hi there!

You need a "none" option or something of that sort in the first section. It won't cast your vote unless you pick an option in each category ;)

Thank you! :) I will quickly add that option in.

Thank you! :) I will quickly add that option in.

Actually you need it in the second one too lol. Sorry I should have said both! Maybe I need another cup of coffee :sick02:

Guest Sabs

Actually you need it in the second one too lol. Sorry I should have said both! Maybe I need another cup of coffee :sick02:

Haha, that's okay! I'll add it in for all 3 to be safe. xD I'm happy this was caught early on in the voting process. I didn't need to use any extra sections for the last voting thread.

Seems like there should be only three apiece...one for the first group of entries (either picking one or none), one for the second group (if your choice wasn't in the first group) and then a vote for the theme.

People should also vote for only one entry between the two groups, right? So the number of "none" votes in the first group should match the total of all non-none votes in the second group, and vice versa.

Novelista, I'm also in the "nobody voted for me yet" camp, but it's still early.

Seems like there should be only three apiece...one for the first group of entries (either picking one or none), one for the second group (if your choice wasn't in the first group) and then a vote for the theme.

I understand how it works, I'm pointing out what shows up.

That Sabs has voted 8 times is not a glitch. I was about to comment earlier on the fact that the change of voting system wasn't stated clearly enough this round and that she should edit the first post, but I decided to not post a comment about it since I saw that some users that voted early on seemed to understand it anyway. Now I regret my decision, sigh... . The voting system works like this:

1. You can't vote for yourself.

2. You can vote for multiple entries, that's why this poll allows it.

3. You don't have to vote for next round's theme, but if you do that'll help Sabs decide on future themes.

Hope this clears it up. Sabs probably gonna edit the first post as soon as she's aware of the confusion the change of voting system has caused. ;)

Oops, I voted for 2 entries. I wasn't sure if this was okay or not, turns out it is. Which is good, cause I found 2 that were worth great votes. :)

I couldn't decide between Underwater or Real Life Character/Person, but I voted for the latter. CELEBRITY NEOPETS AHOY! And historical figure pets, too XD

Great customisations!!!

I'm sorry but, WHY has no one else voted punk?! *shocked*

I guess that wasn't me, Totu...I just checked who I voted for and it wasn't you.

At this point, I'm going to get a nice, invisible trophy that says "Sorry. Thanks for trying." xP

I guess that wasn't me, Totu...I just checked who I voted for and it wasn't you.

At this point, I'm going to get a nice, invisible trophy that says "Sorry. Thanks for trying." xP

I just checked who voted for me and it was Hert123, so I edited my original post.

And, lol, at least you actually took your time to enter the competition! You should get a trophy for effort or something. :P

Guest Sabs

Kasuokai- I have no idea what you are talking about. What exactly did I decide against?

Yes, multiple votes are allowed. I will add this in the first post.

I have on the main Customization thread, that you can't vote for yourself as one of the rules. I will add that to this one as well.

The "None" option was explained in the first post of the thread.

Kasuokai- I have no idea what you are talking about. What exactly did I decide against?

Yes, multiple votes are allowed. I will add this in the first post.

I have on the main Customization thread, that you can't vote for yourself as one of the rules. I will add that to this one as well.

The "None" option was explained in the first post of the thread.

Oops, nope I meant that I, myself decided to not post a comment about it, but that I regret that I did not comment on it earlier since it could have avoided the confusion.

Guest Sabs

I added some addition information in the first post. I hope this cancels out any future confusions. :) I really wish I was allowed to enter all of the entries together with just one poll question, but the limit was 10.

Guest Sabs

yeahlatte- It's not off topic. That is pretty interesting, and creative! I wonder what everyone would come up with. :P This will be added to our next theme poll selection. :)

I only have one person who voted for me... :( But it's still early! There's still a chance!

And Hert123, thanks for voting for me! I really appreciate your vote! ^_^

Hey, you're welcome! I already said that I thought your custom was pretty cool and the story was really fun to read. It's a big plus for me if people have a story behind their custom!