Altador Cup Questions Board

I have a couple of AC related questions, but I figured it would be better to make a general AC questions board instead of making a new board for every question. So, anyone can post their questions here, and whoever knows the answer can go ahead and answer them!

Sorry if this isn't a good idea or not allowed for some reason.

1. I hear people mentioning something about "not sending 5 goals in SOSD". I tried sending 3 or 4 goals, but that made me score around 150, which is WAY below the minimum score. Can anyone explain what this means and how people do it?

2. Are the Darigan Yooyus movements random? I thought they had a weird pattern, but this year I feel like they're behaving like the Mutant Yooyu. I've scored a few time just by shooting it straight into the goal :weird:

I don't know about the Darigan Yooyu, but as far as SOSD goes there is either a glitch that is allowing lower scores to count or they changed the minimum score. I read somewhere (I believe it was JellyNeo) that it is a glitch....

1. I always send in 5 goals in SoSd, so I doesn't know why we shouldn't do that all of the sudden.

2. The movement of Darigan Yooyus are random, but they do not behave like Mutant Yooyus. It's just so that once you shoot you'll never know for sure in which angle it'll fly away. Check out The Daily Neopets Yooyuball Guide if you want to read about how every type of Yooyu behave.

Hope this helps. ;) I'm also curious to know what's up with the 5 scores thing in SoSd.

Both last year and this year, the minimum score needed for a SOSD to count towards ranking is 35, which you get by scoring a single goal. Since TNT didn't fix it between last year and this, I assume it is not a glitch. However, as you noted, sending in fewer than 5 goals results in significantly fewer points toward your team's efforts, for only a little bit of time savings. So, many people urge that you send in 5 goal-games as much as you can on playing days, and save 1-goal games for bye days (or maybe at the end of the day, if you're running out of time and haven't made your goal -- you do need to balance personal and team efforts).

A neat trick for 1-goal games is to use tab and space. When you're on the main game screen, two tabs + space starts your game (and shoots your first attempt -- if you hold down space for a fraction of a second, this will often score). Keep using space until you score, then hit tab followed by space to end the game. Tab-tab-space will send the score, and then you have to use the mouse to click to start a new game.

Both last year and this year, the minimum score needed for a SOSD to count towards ranking is 35, which you get by scoring a single goal. Since TNT didn't fix it between last year and this, I assume it is not a glitch. However, as you noted, sending in fewer than 5 goals results in significantly fewer points toward your team's efforts, for only a little bit of time savings. So many people urge that you send in 5 goal-games as much as you can on playing days, and save 1-goal games for bye days (or maybe at the end of the day, if you're running out of time and haven't made your goal -- you do need to balance personal and team efforts).

A neat trick for 1-goal games is to use tab and space. When you're on the main game screen, two tabs + space starts your game (and shoots your first attempt -- if you hold down space for a fraction of a second, this will often score). Keep using space until you score, then hit tab followed by space to end the game. Tab-tab-space will send the score, and then you have to use the mouse to click to start a new game.

And normally, I would do all five. But with a combination of going on a trip the last week of the month plus the demotivation from the ASGs/ACGs, it's difficult to muster up the drive to go all out.

It also doesn't help that the games are so tedious.

I've had a question that I've been kind of afraid of asking because I feel like the information is located somewhere but I just can't find it :X

so what is the difference between each stage of trophy? is it levels achieved? and if so what are the exact levels to rank up to a different trophy? o.o again this is my first AC so I'm really behind on everything lol

darigancitadel-1.gifdarigancitadel-2.gifdarigancitadel-3.gifdarigancitadel-4.gif

I was also wondering about the darigan yooyu's so thanks for the info! :)

I've had a question that I've been kind of afraid of asking because I feel like the information is located somewhere but I just can't find it :X

so what is the difference between each stage of trophy? is it levels achieved? and if so what are the exact levels to rank up to a different trophy? o.o again this is my first AC so I'm really behind on everything lol

darigancitadel-1.gifdarigancitadel-2.gifdarigancitadel-3.gifdarigancitadel-4.gif

I was also wondering about the darigan yooyu's so thanks for the info! :)

Yes, they change depending on which rank you achieved as a player. You can check out last years trophies and which rank was needed to upgrade your trophy here: http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/prizes-ac8/.

Glad the info about the Darigan Yooyu's helped. ;)

Thanks for clearing everything up, guys!

The one SoSd score is a glitch? According to the TDN rank calculator and Jellyneo's guide you can get the minimum score with just one goal.

When did it change?

And since this is for general questions, what does does the AC end this year?

I thought the minimum score was 650 or so... But apparently it changed!

As for your question, according to the rules page in the AC:

6/02-6/30 Tournament play takes place
7/01-7/02 Tiebreaker played (if necessary)
7/2 Altador Cup champions are announced and the Prize Shop opens.

Both last year and this year, the minimum score needed for a SOSD to count towards ranking is 35, which you get by scoring a single goal. Since TNT didn't fix it between last year and this, I assume it is not a glitch. However, as you noted, sending in fewer than 5 goals results in significantly fewer points toward your team's efforts, for only a little bit of time savings. So, many people urge that you send in 5 goal-games as much as you can on playing days, and save 1-goal games for bye days (or maybe at the end of the day, if you're running out of time and haven't made your goal -- you do need to balance personal and team efforts).

Oh, excellent tip! What I hated the most about SOSD is that I had to stop and use my mouse to start/end a game... This helps a lot!

one goal games of SOSD are purely for rank. Darigan yooyus are just evil, which i guess is appropriate.

i wish they would fix that so the Darigan shot in the opposite direction of where you were facing.

Just wondering if scores sent beyond your max would still contribute to help your team, since I'm really not motivated to play so many rounds of SS and instead would rather play more MSN or SOSD after maxing if it helps :/ Any ideas?

My understanding is that additional scores do not help you or your team, because TNT just stops counting them. In addition, there's speculation that the weird caps were partly designed to thwart cheating programs that might not have recognized them, so that users who sent many scores beyond the cap would be scrutinized more closely as potentially suspicious. (Since the caps haven't changed since the first day, this seems less likely, but I just thought I'd mention it as a potential downside to sending excess scores.)

Ahhh I see. I'd sent quite a few extra the first few days thinking that the my scores not going up was due to a glitch, and would be credited once the glitch was fixed. Searched some sites before finally finding out that caps are in place.

I guess it's back to slinging endless slushies then... previous years I used to just focus on yooyuball since I thought it's the least time-consuming option. However since the caps are in place I guess we all have no choice but to diversify, well, at least it encourages people to play other games apart from their favourite so that it helps the team :P

In addition, there's speculation that the weird caps were partly designed to thwart cheating programs that might not have recognized them...

Which works only if we suppose that such programs are designed to send scores infinitely, instead of being fully user-controlled.

But that's a discussion for another time, since it's not allowed here. :D

Where did you read that you can still get it O____o? Maybe they were referring to this one?

altadorcupplayer.gif Obtain Level 1 status in the Altador Cup and then play any of the games on the AC Games external_link.gif page. Check out TDN's Level Calculator external_link.gif for more information on your own rank.

Retired means retired, unless the neopets team decided to rerelease it, which the probability is close to zero. I would reaaally like to have it in my collection though :/

one goal games of SOSD are purely for rank. Darigan yooyus are just evil, which i guess is appropriate.

i wish they would fix that so the Darigan shot in the opposite direction of where you were facing.

Yeah. that's how they used to work in the old game. I guess they didn't think those yooyus were evil enough so they made their behavior worse.

Yeah. that's how they used to work in the old game. I guess they didn't think those yooyus were evil enough so they made their behavior worse.

i hate them because it brings matches to a halt and fudges your stats. the whole thing becomes more about luck than skill

i hate them because it brings matches to a halt and fudges your stats. the whole thing becomes more about luck than skill

Yeah, I could do without that, really. You'd think the Comittee would ban them. Anyway, we're getting off topic and just ranting about Darigan balls....

why isn't there an "END GAME" button in YYB ??

and if I send a score of less than 3000 in MSN it wont count towards my rank ??

I want to get to Rank 10 today !!

Because everyone then would just hit end game after the 1st goal. Wish there were a pause button though.