Kiko Lake Make Headlines After Moltara Victory

Midtime

l-1234.png

Hello and welcome, everybody! Matt here, with the results from today's games! It's certainly been an interesting day, filled with unexpected results. We take a look at the results from the Alabriss Bracket first, where all of the games were nearly one-sided.

happy pirates The Pirates were able to take the lead early on in the game against the Ninjas. With the Ninjas flustered, the Pirates took advantage of the situation and scored goals with finesse you wouldn't have thought a pirate had. Despite their losses in the other games the Ninjas were extremely optimistic, full of energy as they cheered Shenkuu on. Shenkuu's captain, Mirsha Grelinek described the scene as awe-inspiring. "It was amazing to see that our fans were cheering as hard as they could, despite our team being the underdogs in this match. Truly heartwarming!"

Darigan Hissi is displeased with this turning of events A similar story occurred in the match between Darigan Citadel and Tyrannia. The Fossils were able to muster up their inner fuel and blow away the Minions. Get it? Fossil fuels? No? Ahem. Moving swiftly on, the Fossils took Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, and Shootout Showdown. The Minions' consistent scores of 5 just weren't enough to stop the Fossils from beating them back to the Paleolithic Era! The Fossils slacked off in Make Some Noise however, allowing the Minions to sneak in and draw with them. Loryche, Tyrannia's center forward, describes today's match as a redemption of sorts. "Today we showed that despite the supposed winner's curse that haunts our team, we can still defeat one of the best teams in the Cup. Really amazing effort from our team as a whole today."

braiiiins For the last matchup of the Alabriss Bracket, we had the Haunted Woods and the Lost Desert on the field. It was a great battle of the undead today as the Zombies and Mummies went head to head. In the end, the Zombies were able to come out the victors, snatching all four games in a decisive sweep! The Zombies are still the leader in their bracket, and they look to be in a good position for another first-place finish.

sassy gay Nimmo Now we take a look at the results from the Vaeolus Bracket! It was an exciting day for the Natives today as they squeaked out a win against the Mermaids in Yooyuball! Volgoth from Mystery Island scored the last point, bringing the total up to a close 6-5. The Yooyuball win propelled fans to cheer, the Natives essentially muting out Maraqua. The Mermaids retaliated, however, and took the remaining two side games. While I wasn't able to get an interview with Mystery Island's team, they did tell me that they were overjoyed with today's match against the Mermaids, and that they hope to do just as well tomorrow.

Xweetok defender
It was no surprise today that Virtupets swept Terror Mountain. They have yet to lose a single game, and they aren't going to in the near future, most likely. If anything, it seems like only Haunted Woods or Moltara could stop them, and even then it would be a difficult feat to accomplish. All three teams are in a separate bracket, and there's still a while before the brackets get reshuffled. Meanwhile, teams will just have to make do!

look at this charming Roo The Suns have been struggling to do well this season, and today was no different as they were swept again, this time by the Rooligans. Lilo Blumario's excellent leadership today allowed them to surpass the Sun's level of gameplay. The Suns have yet to win a match this season, and with Virtupets being their opponents for today, it looks like that streak will continue. The joyful spirits of the Rooligans showed today however as they cheered neverendingly for their teams' success today. Slushies were handed out, and a spontaneous party was started! I think I'll head down there when this broadcast is over - don't forget to save me a slushie, guys!

Now let me just power through this bracket and I ca-

BOOM BABY AUSTIN IS BACK [As Matt finishes up the rundown on the Vaeolus bracket, a loud boom is heard nearby. There is shouting in the distance, but words cannot be made out. Amid the confusion of the newsroom crew, Matt tries to keep the broadcast going. Suddenly, bursting through the door, a familiar face appears.]

I'mmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaack!

[Pushing Matt aside while shouting "TURN AROUND, BRIGHT EYES", the man sits in the chair and faces the camera. He swipes his hands through his dashingly beautiful mustache and pauses for a second to allow what just happened to sink in.]

Goooooooood morning, Neopia! This is your FAVORITE newscaster, Austin, and I am here to give you your results for the Minitheus bracket this morning!

this Kiko is sexy Ahem - In a bit of a shocker, Kiko Lake pulled off a win over Moltara in Yooyuball, while getting swept in the side games. Moltara, who had previously been undefeated in Yooyuball, falls to 4-2-1 on the year. Moltara captain, Aldric Beign, had a few words about the disappointing match, saying "Oi, mate, we gotta get out there and play some better slingball. I'm sorry about th' way we performed out there." No players from Kiko Lake were available for comment, as they appeared to have headed to Altador Alley for some post-game celebrations.

meridell eyrie Brightvale and Meridell renewed their age-old rivalry with a match last night. The play was heated, and many scuffles broke out between both teams. In fact, the match got so bad that the referees almost called it early. The game ended in a 5-5 draw, a somewhat ironic result, considering how hard these two fought to win. The rest of the games went the way of the Knights. This near sweep could give them the momentum they need to jump to the top of the bracket.

sexy purple gnorbu Faerieland continued its dismal play against a far superior Kreludor team. The Faeries couldn't defend against the Kreludor attack at all and stumbled to an embarrassing 1-0-6 Yooyuball record. The only positive thing the Faeries brought out of last night's match was the prevention of a sixth straight sweep, as they were able to draw even with Kreludor in Slushie Slinger. Kreludor is having a nice start to the season. It will be interesting to see if they can be the first team to win multiple championships.

That's the Minitheus bracket in its entirety. Matt, it is an absolute blast working with you…

[Nothing happens…]

but I like explosions Hahahaha! You guys thought I was gonna blow something up! Nope. The only ones blowing anything up this year are the Robots from Virtupets and the Zombies of the Haunted Woods. Watch for these two teams as they continue trying to blast their competition out of the water. The Robots take on last year's runner-up, Altador. Although the Suns have looked bad this year, they've always been the team to pull off shockers.

Haunted Woods gets the match of the day, as they take on the defending champion, Tyrannia. Tyrannia is once again putting together a solid year, but the Haunties will look to shut them down and continue their rampage of terror. It's going to be a really fun match to watch between two exciting teams. If you miss this one, you're probably a bad sports fan.

Of course, these two matches aren't the only important ones we have coming up. Today should be full of exciting play and potential upsets. Thank you for tuning in to TDN for your Altador Cup coverage. I'm Austin, and it sure is great to be back. As always, Neopia, stay cool... and have a blast...

contestant477.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

"Next up on the TDN news channel: in the letters-to-the-editor segment, we reply to an angry letter from an Altadorian janitor, who claims that our repeated usage of broom jokes in the headlines is ignorant and irreverent…"

I think I'm in love with you, Midtime. These posts are so well written and with such enthusiasm, I feel happy inside c:

Save some love for the reporters, Matt and Austin, too! ;)

We're super glad you enjoy the reports though!