Well, it's now official....

Azurablue

I actually gave up on this daily some time ago, it wasn't being cost-efficient at all and it was rather stressful to be honest.

Stressful. Good word. That and frustrating. ;)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

... That was the best neopets rant I've ever read.

I'm sorry you've been having such crap luck with the coincidence! I did as well so I haven't done it in a long time. If they start giving out avatars again though, I'm doin that thing EVERY. DAY.

I, similarly, will check in every now and then and if it's not too expensive (under 1,000 NP) then I'll give it a whirl. But, honestly, even then, it's ALWAYS been a negative effect. I've pretty much given up on it -- the possibility of winning a retired avatar being it's only redeeming factor -- but, it's really not worth it at this rate.

I only do this daily when I already have the items or if they're super cheap. I made the mistake of having my best pet active during completion and WHOOPS! I learned my lesson from that and use my lab rat while I push that silly button. On my birthday [May 8th] I completed the quest and got a Rainblug P3 and I traded it for a Mootix which was a big win in my book. Since then though, MEH. I'm not a fan either.

Wow, that was a very passionate rant. XD I haven't had much luck with The Coincidence, either, and I keep skipping the quests 'cause it keeps asking for expensive things like yellow growth or that stagnant puddle of water. :/ The best I got was probably a 9 HP stat increase to my lab pet. :tired: Like everyone else, I only do the quest if I have the stuff in my SDB or if it costs less than 1000 NP in total. Otherwise, not worth it! :sleeping_03anim:

I have never gotten anything from The Coincidence, good or bad (except the avatar in the beginning). Just lost neopoints spent on fetching items. I gave up when I realized I was just rejecting the quests every day anyway due to them being too expensive for likely getting nothing in return.

That sucks that REs outside of The Coincidence are being mean to you, too. I haven't had that problem, so far, but I'm not getting a lot of REs in general either.

The moment I realized the usually 1NP items inflated till they were ridiculously overpriced I gave up on Coincidence... The negative stats are all the more reason not to try it regularly or even at all.

Your rant made me laugh. Seriously. Especially the Jhudora quip!

But I agree, I only do it if everything is around 1,000 np or less, and I try to not do it when I have Sandrea active as she has lost stats before and I didn't like having to retrain her at all. Now, I've had some good on the Coincidence, I had a hp increase by 10 once before, as well as once or twice getting 20k+ np in an RE, but for the most part, I've had negative or no effect at all most of the time. It's really becoming a hassle, and I'm partial to quitting it all together too. I thought REs were supposed to be a good thing, but everybody seems to be getting a ton of bad stuff before they get something good. And not having anything happen at all (even though it is a comfort in some situations) has really just been a waste of np, and I'm a little tired of the junk inflation myself.

Personally, that plushie of prosperity in the tree has been the kindest to me. 4/5 of the time, he gives me a toy I could profit from, or 2k plus np... and some days, I just dread doing the Coincidence all together, just because of the chance of something negative that could happen, and while I certainly can afford to keep training Sandrea, I can't have her losing so many stats. The other pets, I really don't care if they gain or lose, but at least more of a warning or maybe a discretion should be added to the Coincidence because many new users are finding out that the Coincidence is more of a pain than a pleasure and seem to be giving up too.

That said, I may just send the good Doctor on his merry way. He can shell out his own np for that useless junk.

I stopped doing the daily coincidence a long time ago. I was tired of spending a bunch of neopoints on inflated junk items, just to get nothing. I luckily didn't get a stat decrease, but training is too long and pricey to lose anything.

Wow, that sounds really bad for the RE's! Some of the new RE's are pointless. The "It's raining...Mortogs?" scared me at first. lol I did not care for a bunch of mortogs raining down my screen at the time.

Something has happened: "King Skarl collects 8,247 in taxes from you. Who knew there was tax on Marrow?" Ugggghhhh!!!!! I wonder if that would have happened if I didn't have that many neopoints out for taking. Oh well, easy come easy go.

I find I mostly get nothing from the Coincidence. My rule of thumb is to complete the "quest" only if each item is worth less than 1,000 NP.

I do pretty much the same -- usually I'll only bother to do the quest if I either have everything on hand on my own or if the items are selling for pretty cheap, though occasionally I'll do a quest where I have almost everything and only have to buy one more-expensive item (though 5k has become my hard limit, this is supposed to be junk! :P) Since it became a daily, I've gained stats a couple times, lost stats once, and otherwise I've gotten nothing every single time aside from getting a small amount of NP (though still a net profit at least, yay!) yesterday. Mostly I keep trying in the hope of either getting a P3 or a TCG (I collect Space Faerie stuff, so if there's even a miniscule chance that I can get one of the SF TCGs for my gallery or get one that would be of equal value for a trade, it's worth a try.)

Also, sorry you've had such terrible luck with regular REs, OP! :sad01_anim: I've actually been *extremely* lucky with them since the overhaul (so far I've gotten 10K from Illusen, Boochi as a BD challenger, a book that turned out to be UB, and an Eventide Tonu MP, plus a bunch of bank error ones and pointless ones) so don't give up, good REs are still out there!

I agree with you, I hate the whole Coincidence Quest! But- I still try and do it. I mean, I'll reject the quest if it costs too much (I always check the prices before buying anything).

I did, once, give up on the quests. But it was just so hard to stay away! Like how you may give up on Neopets ("it's a waste of my time, I need to study, etc.), eventually, you're gonna return.

At first it reminded the same; same useless events, until one day...

I was just back to get another quest, when I saw that the prices were a little over 2k (Sorry, I'm cheap) and I hesitated before continuing.

But... Guess what? The random event came and I was ready for another waste my time and Neopoints.

I got... *drumroll please* over 18k!!!! :D :D :D

And, just today, they increased my pet's strength by 2.

So... I don't think you should really give up! Just don't accept the quests if they are too costly!

Maybe... Just maybe... :)

I only did it when it was relevant for the avatar <.<

I have never touched it since. As you all were saying, expensive, waste of time/NPs/sanity and so on.

Since I Shop Wiz everything before selling, I can figure out which "junk items" are for that daily. Usually if it's not for the daily, I just discard it for working towards the Rubbish Avatar. In fact, if anything is under 10nps that I have, I take it out of my shop & discard.

This is easily one of my favorite rants ever.

That's always the last daily on my list, and by that point, I've deposited all but 1,000 nps into my bank, all my items are in my sdb, and my active isn't my BD pet (not that his stats are particularly impressive, either, since he's just labbed, but still!). Usually, the Ghost Lupe just shows up and complains that it's not Mystery Island. I've gotten that one more times than I can count. I definitely see what you mean; it's easy to want to give up on that one. Sorry about such awful luck with that one :( Like many others, I feel like I've been getting lots of bad RE's since the revamp, too! :O

However! I did get a stamp worth about 600k and a Draphly which is priced at around 1 mil according to Jellyneo. Soo I'm just going to keep trying my luck so long as quests are less than 1k. I refuse to spend that much on inflated junk items; I don't really want to pay that much just to experience the Ghost Lupe's poor sense of direction <_< But I definitely check it every day.

Something has happened: While out for a stroll, magickalhorn looks down and finds 25,622 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

I guess this makes up for the 8,247 in taxes. LOL

It went into the bank instantly. LOL.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I am way too lazy to even do the coincidence but when I do do it I usually get something that is neutral,BUT I have gotten 2 P3s from it,a Glack and a Skuffler.

The new REs haven't really been affecting me,although my neopets seem to find lots of NP when taking strolls.