Favourite/least favourite Yooyus to play with?

Lia Seeya

I'm so used to playing side games in the AC because I used to be so bad at Yooyuball when it first came out. When I tried again this year, I actually got better, so I was encouraged to keep playing. I don't memorise all the properties of the different Yooyus, just have a general idea of how some of them work.

Of course, I really like the default one. It doesn't zip all over the field like crazy and it goes at a speed I can keep up with (as a beginner :P). I also like the fire Yooyu when I feel more confident in my skills and think I can handle it.

I hate seeing a Clockwork or Darigan Yooyu go into the field, because I don't find them as easy to handle. The Clockwork one has a time-limit, and once it starts flashing, I start getting all panicky and end up missing the goal. The Darigan just doesn't want to listen to me. Ever. -_-

Hopefully I'll be able to handle them as the cup goes on, and I actually try my hand at YYB more. :D

So, what's your favourite Yooyu to play with? Least favourite?

I like the robot yooyu's! haha I was TERRIBLE the frist day I played..I was like "how on earth can you even win this game??" but now I've played it so much i feel I could play it in my sleep..well at least half asleep o.O

the fire yooyu's are my favorite actually, I always seem to have good luck with them :)

That's awesome that you improved so much. :D I'm hoping to keep improving so that I can actually handle the robot ones.

The fire yooyus are pretty awesome, aren't they? But I've been so unlucky with them so far. Here's hoping for better luck!

the fire yooyus are my favorite....one thing you have to be careful of is that it will automatically fly out of your hand if you hold onto it for too long, so it definitely requires a person to be quick.

i hate the Darigan yooyus. they always bring matches to a screeching halt because it's completely up to chance and luck getting them into the net. oh sure, there are tricks like trying to fire up at the net from the bottom corner and hoping it bounces in, but there's no guarantee you'll get it to do that and even then, the goalie could be sitting there and block it if you don't time it right.

the mutant yooyus may have irregular flight patterns but at least they'll actually go in the direction you shoot them....

I don't mind most of the yooyus, Although, Faerie can be REALLY annoying. And DARIGAN! I got my first goal in the game right away, and the 2nd yooyu to appear was the darigan. Both teams went the full remaining time, 2:49, trying to get rid of that blasted thing! So, I ended with a 1 to 0 win. Good overall, but I've been working hard on my average score per game and that did take me down a few notches, though not below the 10 goal per game average I was able to get. (I'm only rank 6. lol)

The only really FUN thing about the darigan, is when you watch the opposing team accidentally score a goal for you in their own net! LOL ;)

I'm fine with the normal yooyu, I like the speed of the fire yooyu, but not a fan that you can only hold onto it for a couple of seconds (HOT!) The snow/ice yooyu, is ok, though slower than I'd like, Mutant, is the coolest looking, and I have less trouble with it than the Faerie or the darigan yooyus. Clockwork, I like for the most part, except if nobody scores with it and it explodes, then it's just a time-waster. ;)

I love the fire yooyus, the flying out of the hand time limit is manageable since my style of gameplay is usually quite fast aka just run for the goal.

Darigan and clockwork yooyus are the bane of my life... lol. Sometimes I take up to more than half the game just to get that stubborn darigan yooyu into the net OTL and that significantly brings down my gpg if it happens too many times. Clockwork yooyus explode in your face. not cool. usually when they come into play I would just run around with it and wait for it explode since my luck with scoring with it kind of sucks.

The only really FUN thing about the darigan, is when you watch the opposing team accidentally score a goal for you in their own net! LOL ;)

Right, I forgot about that haha xD

Seriously, I see this thread every year. We've already established that Darigan balls are the absolute worst. I remember when we had an older version of YYB, you could actually score with those monsters, because they only went BACKWARDS, so you could aim at a 90 degree angle, aim backwards, and get it in every time. They were a breeze. However, TNT didn't seem to think the balls were evil enough, so they made them go from bad, to much much worse. I miss having them just go backward. Now it takes several tries and a ton of luck. Man do I miss old YYB, even if the graphics are better and I can actually score with Faerie balls now (hated those things in the old game, couldn't score with them for beans. It took watching a video on YouTube to figure out how to do it.)

The better balls are the normal and Fire. But I'm awfully irritated by the fact that the players can't hold onto the Fire balls for very long like they could in the old version. Clearly TNT thought the old version was not challenging enough so they made the game harder. (The constant zooming and ball stealing is the worst though. I feel slower than my opponent and it's just annoying and frustrating).

Once you get a hang of the game, scoring the Clockwork Yooyuball becomes VERY satisfying. I rarely have problems with the Clockwork one now. Darigan Yooyu though... You'd think, because we're playing as Darigan, the Darigan Yooyuball would work in our favor. x) If only!

(The constant zooming and ball stealing is the worst though. I feel slower than my opponent and it's just annoying and frustrating).

I hate that too ._. it feels like the game is cheating... Now I just end up passing the ball or just tossing it to somewhere else when I see opponents gaining speed, speed boosts are most definitely welcomed of course (: it's like a "in your face!" to the game.

You'd think, because we're playing as Darigan, the Darigan Yooyuball would work in our favor. x) If only!

Haha that would actually be quite a cool perk to be in Darigan XD One can only hope...!

(The constant zooming and ball stealing is the worst though. I feel slower than my opponent and it's just annoying and frustrating).

Whenever I see that happening, I just run in the diagonal past them. It seems to be working so far, as they seem to take a little bit longer to change direction when they're zooming.

Once you get a hang of the game, scoring the Clockwork Yooyuball becomes VERY satisfying. I rarely have problems with the Clockwork one now. Darigan Yooyu though... You'd think, because we're playing as Darigan, the Darigan Yooyuball would work in our favor. x) If only!

Which is an actual thing in my story. Great minds, Coco. Great minds. :P

I can't stand the Darigan yooyu ball! lol It really aggravates me sometimes. I usually switch to another tab, until it is scored on either team. :P

The fire yooyu ball is my favorite. It gives that extra boost when your making a far shot.

I dispise the early Darigan yooyus since the game can still go either way if I only have 1 goal and the opponent scores 1 of their own during the last few seconds of the game with the Darigan yooyu.
So when they show up I make an effort to score with it. But if it shows up when i have like 9 or 10 goals, or sometimes even when i only have 5 (as long as there is an adequate gap between my score and the opponents) I simply lean back and wait for the computer to score the goal (often they make the goal in their own net).

My favorite yooyu would be the regular, or an early fire. The early fire can just be grapped, moved slightly towards the bottom and then fired directly into the opponents goal, before the opponents try to tackle you. If you have 4 or more goals they tackle you before you get the chance to make this easy goal.

And the regular since the yooyu makes no shenanigans to make it more difficult for you to score. Of course it can sometimes be helpful when the ball makes the right curve or turn, but when you play that many games each day, I don't mind playing the games straight up, and not focussing on the yooyu making a lucky move.

My favorite yooyus are listed from best to worst:

1. Fire: This is the best, especially from scoring on the half-court line, easy to score a goal, and I don't have to go all the way to challenge the defenders to get a goal

2. Regular: Decent range, no shenanigans at all, very nice from the half-court line

3. Clockwork: Although it annoys me that it explodes like within 10 seconds, it's good since it's almost impossible for the opponent to score within the time frame

4. Mutant. Sometimes annoying, since it suddenly decides from time to time to just act like a faerie yooyu, otherwise it's a good yooyu to score with

5. Faerie: Frustrating to pass with, hard to score unless you're like, in front of the goal

6. Snow: Very annoying, takes a lot of charge to score, have to get through the defense to score if the ball was stolen on the first touch, slows down the tempo a lot

7. Darigan: Need not to explain.

I can't stand the Darigan yooyu ball! lol It really aggravates me sometimes. I usually switch to another tab, until it is scored on either team. :P

The fire yooyu ball is my favorite. It gives that extra boost when your making a far shot.

That's what I did at first, play a different game while waiting for the game to end. Until I read in the Editorial a couple weeks ago that this was against the rules. I immediately stopped playing SS or SOSD while waiting for the Darigan balls to go away!

I've gotten better with those evil balls. Or maybe just luckier. :P It definitely takes much longer however and lowers my GPG average.

Seriously, I see this thread every year. We've already established that Darigan balls are the absolute worst. I remember when we had an older version of YYB, you could actually score with those monsters, because they only went BACKWARDS, so you could aim at a 90 degree angle, aim backwards, and get it in every time. They were a breeze. However, TNT didn't seem to think the balls were evil enough, so they made them go from bad, to much much worse. I miss having them just go backward. Now it takes several tries and a ton of luck. Man do I miss old YYB, even if the graphics are better and I can actually score with Faerie balls now (hated those things in the old game, couldn't score with them for beans. It took watching a video on YouTube to figure out how to do it.)

The better balls are the normal and Fire. But I'm awfully irritated by the fact that the players can't hold onto the Fire balls for very long like they could in the old version. Clearly TNT thought the old version was not challenging enough so they made the game harder. (The constant zooming and ball stealing is the worst though. I feel slower than my opponent and it's just annoying and frustrating).

It seems to me like all the teams have been strengthened to some degree, except Maraqua... Or so it seems. ;) It would be NICE if we could know, after the AC starts, how many players joined each team. Maraqua, for all our determination, is getting our shells-waxed BADLY. I don't think we've won a single round of YYB this year. ALL the opponents I remember beating last year that we've faced so far, have gotten stronger defensively, while our goalie seems to be weak as ever if not worse! Even to the point of fighting when I try to take control of him so I can block an obvious shot he'd obviously miss. The fact that they can tackle/steal continually is also a major pain. The length of the stealing move seems to work even if there's still some dust behind them, but they're posture has returned to normal, non-stealing visuals. Their speed is definitely another annoying factor. I've played in the 2 ACs prior to this one, and I took place in the very first 2 ACs. I remember the old system, and remember having to look for how the new YYB game layout worked for the 7th AC.

Faerie Yooyus, if you can fake out the goalie, or use the right amount of power and one of the right angles, it's possible to score with the Faerie Yooyu without the BIG-net power up.

Personally, I would like to see some advanced options for YYB for next year. Such as, not just formations, but actually being able to tell the other team members what to do or where to stand when the yooyu is not near them. I REALIZE you can reform the original formation by pressing the LEFT- shift button on the keyboard. Why the Right-shift doesn't work for that function too, doesn't make sense to me. Also, I haven't figured it out, but sometimes raising your power up before launching a Yooyu, won't work when you press the space bar (I prefer the keyboard controls) sometimes I actually have to remove my finger(s) from the arrow key(s) and THEN it will work when I press Space bar, of course, stopping for even a second, is RISKY in this game, especially the higher your score is, and the opposing team is even MORE aggressive in stealing and smarts.

Anyway, yeah, there are a few things I'd change about YYB if I could. lol ;)

It seems to me like all the teams have been strengthened to some degree, except Maraqua... Or so it seems. ;) It would be NICE if we could know, after the AC starts, how many players joined each team. Maraqua, for all our determination, is getting our shells-waxed BADLY. I don't think we've won a single round of YYB this year. ALL the opponents I remember beating last year that we've faced so far, have gotten stronger defensively, while our goalie seems to be weak as ever if not worse! Even to the point of fighting when I try to take control of him so I can block an obvious shot he'd obviously miss. The fact that they can tackle/steal continually is also a major pain. The length of the stealing move seems to work even if there's still some dust behind them, but they're posture has returned to normal, non-stealing visuals. Their speed is definitely another annoying factor. I've played in the 2 ACs prior to this one, and I took place in the very first 2 ACs. I remember the old system, and remember having to look for how the new YYB game layout worked for the 7th AC.

Faerie Yooyus, if you can fake out the goalie, or use the right amount of power and one of the right angles, it's possible to score with the Faerie Yooyu without the BIG-net power up.

Personally, I would like to see some advanced options for YYB for next year. Such as, not just formations, but actually being able to tell the other team members what to do or where to stand when the yooyu is not near them. I REALIZE you can reform the original formation by pressing the LEFT- shift button on the keyboard. Why the Right-shift doesn't work for that function too, doesn't make sense to me. Also, I haven't figured it out, but sometimes raising your power up before launching a Yooyu, won't work when you press the space bar (I prefer the keyboard controls) sometimes I actually have to remove my finger(s) from the arrow key(s) and THEN it will work when I press Space bar, of course, stopping for even a second, is RISKY in this game, especially the higher your score is, and the opposing team is even MORE aggressive in stealing and smarts.

Anyway, yeah, there are a few things I'd change about YYB if I could. lol ;)

i'd like to see some new blood on TM as well, or least switch Rinok for Minae as a goalie.

• 3 weeks later...

I like darigan ball because i can play something else while opposing team is trying to score

That IS an upside to the Darigan ball, albeit the only one. XD

• 11 months later...

I love the Robot Yooyus because they go straight but it gives that extra thrill of making it right away.

Like almost everyone else, the Darigans are my least favorite, although I've had good luck by quickly doing a 180 right before I throw it and having it go backwards into the goal. Seems to work a lot better than just seeing if it goes straight for some reason. And at least if it does go straight when you're backwards you're already facing that direction and can chase it easily.

My favorite yooyu is the fire one. When I steal the ball right at the beginning from the other team's forward, I barely have to move closer to the goal to score because it moves so fast it makes it. I score sooo quickly with this yooyu, I love it. 

My least favorite is the darigan yooyu obviously, but also the robot yooyu. Like I'll be lining up a shot and it'll be on the way to the goal and BOOM! it explodes. Ugh.