Internet issues

Navy

My internet started working painfully slow last night, rarely even fully loading pages.

So I restarted my router, to see if that fixed the problem. Nope. I restarted my modem, but the DSL light turned red and stayed red until about 2 hours or so ago and then turned back on, my internet is still running pretty slow, and I have to copy and paste this just in case it fails to go through.

have you scanned for viruses? also have you tried different devices that use the same router? hmm usually when my internet or computer runs slow it need retarting or its storming out (we have satalite internet). I also find that sometime my computer likes to automatically install updates, they make it impossible to do anything -_- usually it updates without even notifying me and can take hours. I would just make sure it's not just happening on only your computer, and then contact someone.

I'd suggest you contact your ISP as they would be the best people to advise you.

I second this suggestion. If you've restarted the router, and it's acting up, maybe the problem is on the ISP's end rather than yours.

Good luck, and I hope your internet gets fixed soon! :)

When we have issues like this it's usually the weather (wind, snow and heavy rain are the worst.) Another possibility, although less likely, is that your ISP has restricted your bandwidth purposefully. This can happen for a myriad of reasons but is usually done after they notice (or unfairly accuse you of) illegal downloads. They usually warn you beforehand but that's not required as far as I understand it.

• 3 months later...

If you are using windows here is tips

Windows provides a built-in troubleshooter that can automatically find and fix some common connection problems.

Open the Internet Connections troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then clickTroubleshooting. Under Network and Internet, click Connect to the Internet.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't post on threads that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.