In Which Most Matches are Sweeps and No One is Surprised

Nellethiel

Posted Image

Good morning, Neopia! This is Lydia, reporting from The Daily Neopets' Newsroom with the latest results from the Altador Cup. Hopefully, if we move fast enough, we won't have any connection problems, so we'll get right into the results for the day.

werk it gurrl We've seen an unprecedented number of sweeps so far this tournament, and today is no exception. The Alabriss Bracket contained one of only two matchups that wasn't a complete sweep. Lost Desert proudly managed to break the pattern, stealing a win in Yooyuball from Tyrannia. The Fossils have only lost Yooyuball a total of three times this Cup. They've had another strong showing so far this year, managing a complete side-sweep of the Mummies.

I AM NOT PLEASED Darigan Citadel and the Haunted Woods both managed a complete sweep against their opponents - Krawk Island and Shenkuu. This seemed to anger a certain perpetually angry Yurble, who has been sending in letters to our newsroom all week. [Lydia gestures to a large pile of paper on her desk.] Something about the brooms being stolen from the janitorial closets. Anyway, I'm going to get back to our "fan mail" and turn you over to our very own Brooke who's out on the field with the results from the next bracket!

the sun is not my friend Thank you, Lydia! Brooke here, excited to be out from behind the scenes and in front of the cameras once again! Though I could really use some sunglasses and maybe some SPF 50? Is there room in the budget for that? Anyway, let's take a look at the results of the Minitheus Bracket. The brooms are back with a vengeance, it seems, as all three match-ups ended in sweeps.

THIS YOOYU IS ON FIYARRRR Brightvale's outlook is a little less bright today, as Moltara defeated them in all four games, completing a hat trick of sweeps consistent with their previous performance this year. We had a chance to ask Brightvale's goalkeeper, Orie Dinelle, for her thoughts on the outcome of their Yooyuball match against Moltara. "It's actually kind of encouraging," Dinelle told us, shrugging humbly. "They're nice guys, and they have the sweetest fans, so it's cool to see them finally having some success! We tried our best, and that's what we'll continue to do." It's nice to see that this loss hasn't dimmed her spirit. Keep an eye out, as the Wizards have shown us before that they're capable of great things.

this logo is watching you do that Kiko Lake's strength in Yooyuball carried them through against the Faeries today, despite the sporting nature and determination of Faerieland's fans. Spurred by their win on the field, the Kikos continued to dominate in all three side games, leading to their second sweep of the year. Only time will tell if the Faeries can make use of the remaining weeks to make an epic comeback!

i hate that creepy chia For the final match of the bracket, the Knights and the Moons went head-to-head. Kreludor has done very well in Shootout Showdown so far this year, and today was certainly no exception. In fact, they pulled off a sweep of all four games, soundly shutting out Meridell's finest. Meridell is still a team to watch, though, as they've pulled off their share of sweeps as well. The left forward for Meridell, Ethel Boortz, offered her congratulations to the Moons when she spoke with us, but warned us not to count her or her teammates out, before heading out with them for slushies.

That wraps up the Minitheus Bracket for today. I'll pass the helm on to Matt, who will break down the Vaelous Bracket for us. Matt?

Thanks Brooke! It's great to see you on the field, and I'm sure we can make room in the budget, especially for our best researcher! We'll have to ask Lydia about that. Let's get back to the Cup with the results from the Vaeolus Bracket.

nice earrings The underdogs of the Vaeolus Bracket, Mystery Island and Altador faced off today. The Natives were the clear victors today, sweeping the Suns on all fronts. The skill difference between the two teams was obvious. The Suns, who have yet to win a single game this entire season, still hold a positive outlook for the future. One long-time fan called this season a wake-up call, and a humbling experience: "After our recent success, I think this season is definitely a wake-up call for us. Each loss makes us stronger, and we can only go up from here!" Well spoken!

robot wockies are scary too Next up, Virtupets and Roo Island went head to head, and the results were a surprise to no one. With the exception of Haunted Woods and Moltara, Virtupets are almost guaranteed to sweep any team they come across. That's exactly what happened today, though the Rooligans tried their best to pull off an upset against the Robots. The Rooligans' performance has gone down after their success in last year's Cup, and they hope to rise to the top once again. I managed to get a few quick questions in with Roo Island's goalkeeper Clutch Billaban, who said that Roo Island is learning from their mistakes this season, and hopes to become a better team: one that can repeat, if not surpass, their success last year.

AVALAAAANCHE The Mermaids and Chillers clashed today. Turns out the Mermaids just couldn't move mountains, as Terror Mountain took the overall win, but Maraqua was able to prevent a sweep from occurring. The two teams drew in Yooyuball with a respectable score of four apiece. However, the Chillers were able to best the Mermaids in Slushie Slinger - not surprising since slushies are a Terror Mountain specialty. Terror Mountain fans screamed their snow caps off and took the win in Make Some Noise. The cheers could be heard for miles away, strong enough to cause an avalanche!

This wraps up the results from the Vaeolus Bracket! I'll go ahead and hand the report back to Lydia.

[The screen switches to a shot in the Yooyu pens, the label of "Pre-recorded" flashing in the upper left corner. Lydia is there with the Yooyu caretaker, his faithful fire Yooyu perched on his shoulder.]

wish i still used AIM so i could use this iconWhat are the Yooyus up to this bye-day?
While the demand never goes away for the Yooyus' time and performance during this month, it's much lower now. But look here. [The caretaker gestures over to a corner of the pen, where the Yooyus are chittering at one another, excitingly tossing a colorful petpetpet amongst themselves.] They like to turn the tables now and again and play some "Rainblugball" on their days off. They aren't harmed any more than the Yooyus are, of course, though they end up a little more confused!

Thank you again for your time. This is Lydia, for The Daily Neopets, signing off!

Posted Image

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

This seemed to anger a certain perpetually angry Yurble, who has been sending in letters to our newsroom all week. [Lydia gestures to a large pile of paper on her desk.] Something about the brooms being stolen from the janitorial closets.

LOLOLOL!! I loved it! It took me a while to get the joke (I'm slow like that), but now whenever I read "sweeps" in the AC I'm gonna think of that Yurble janitor :D