What is your AC Strategy?

.Brianna.

What does your leveling up process look like during the AC? Do you do the same thing every rank?

I'm a creature of habit so my strategy looks like this:

- Max out SOSD (while enjoying my morning coffee)

- YYB to hit the next rank - I like to multitask and supplement this with MSN to get the required number of games down

- After I hit the next rank I like to play a handful more YYB games to reduce the number of games I will need to play the next day

You'll notice I didn't mention SS - I avoid it like the plague unless it is a bonus game or I'm REALLY sick of YYB...haha

What about you all? What do you do when trying to rank up?

i start with YYB, max that out. then i max out SOSD and move on to SS/MSN, which i play at the same time. I can usually get in 8 games of MSN per one game of SS

I don't have a strategy, myself. I just play the games until I'm bored. Hahaha!

By the way, what is the max for each game? I don't understand that part.

And how on earth do you guys get in the thousands for your plays?

This year I've been concentrating on YYB more. I try to max out with YYB, or at least play 50 games a day. Then, I switch over to SOSD to finish it out. I'm usually listening to some music or watching a movie, so I can hold onto my sanity. lol

I haven't done any for SS yet, and I don't plan to do any for MSN. :P

I don't have a strategy, myself. I just play the games until I'm bored. Hahaha!

By the way, what is the max for each game? I don't understand that part.

And how on earth do you guys get in the thousands for your plays?

Same here!

When they mean max, they mean hitting the cap or maximum number of games until Neopets stops counting your score. I can't remember what the max is for each game, but I know it's probably a crazy amount in the hundreds for some of the side games. It's a more reasonable amount for YYB.

I tend to start with SoSD and watch a show or something while I do it. Sometimes I'll play YYB and SoSD simultaneously--play half the game of YYB, then switch to SoSD while the clock runs down.

Maxing out is sending the maximum amount of scores that you can in a day. 68 for YYB, 762 for SoSD and MSN. I don't know what it is for SS.

Same here!

When they mean max, they mean hitting the cap or maximum number of games until Neopets stops counting your score. I can't remember what the max is for each game, but I know it's probably a crazy amount in the hundreds for some of the side games. It's a more reasonable amount for YYB.

For me, maxing out SoSD is much more reasonable than YYB. SoSD is quick and easy. YYB is ~3 minutes per game, which takes up a lot more time.

Maxing out is sending the maximum amount of scores that you can in a day. 68 for YYB, 762 for SoSD and MSN. I don't know what it is for SS.

For me, maxing out SoSD is much more reasonable than YYB. SoSD is quick and easy. YYB is ~3 minutes per game, which takes up a lot more time.

Thanks for the information, Wildbreeze. :) I knew it was some crazy number but I didn't know the exact one.

I've never maxed out on games. I don't think I've ever really played more than a hundred or so games in total.

I usually max out on both YYB and SOSD, which takes me several hours. Three hours to max out on YYB, and only today did I realize there was an End Game option in SOSD, meaning I can just end the game and send the score after 1 goal. Wow, I'm clever. XD Saved a lot of time. That will cut my maxing out on that game in half and maybe leave time for a few games of SLSL, where I will end the game after reaching the minimum amount of points. So far, I've only played 50 games of that Scrappy because I decided it's wasting my time maxing out on YYB and SOSD, capping both allows me to go up 2 ranks in a day, or 1 and a half. I avoid MSN like the plague, because it's BAD FOR YOUR COMPUTER! Years ago, playing that game made my old computer bluescreen. I'd like to preserve the longevity of my laptop as best I can and avoid such a laptop-killing game.

I usually watch stuff too while playing, or listen to stuff. Recently I've been on Hulu catching up on some shows, because I got bored with cooking shows on YouTube. XD I'm also thinking about finding a good site to rewatch A:TLA and LoK (because I still don't have the DVDs XD Must saaave for conventions and cosplay materials)!

Unfortunately for me, I'll only get to max out on one game tonight, because I've been extremely busy today. I had too much to do, and I still have to get more stuff done. Here's hoping I can at least max out on SOSD. I'll TRY to do the same for YYB, but that'll take longer. OTL.

I tend to start with SoSD and watch a show or something while I do it. Sometimes I'll play YYB and SoSD simultaneously--play half the game of YYB, then switch to SoSD while the clock runs down.

SS is 139 games...not like anybody cares nor would DARE to go that far. I wouldn't either - that game is too long for me, and I'm probably the person who hates it the LEAST! (I never said I liked it though)!

Play 20+ games of YYB (I can't do a lot in the day. Then 25 MSN or 50 SOSD games then the other one. 3 SS games and back to YYB to try to max it out!

I got 112 SS yesterday -- I was really trying to max it out, but it was just too much. I maxed YYB for the first time yesterday, ever (only because they lowered the caps this year, but a max is a max...).

I usually alternate between 15 minutes of straight SOSD (100 games) and 30 or 45 minutes of Super-Slushie-Showdown-Ball (SSSB), in which I play SS, YYB, and SOSD simultaneously (okay, I only manage about 30-50 SOSD in all that time; I only play it when both of the other games are in a holding pattern). I can leave YYB alone and no one seems to score while I'm tending slushies, and once I get too many goals in YYB, the AI gets too fast and I tend to lose more goals than I win, so I'm fine with keeping my GPG around 5-6. (On bye days, I skip the 15-minute SOSD sessions because 1-goal games are so much faster, I run out of plays before I finish playing the other games.)

I can get 9-10 YYB and 13 SS in 30 minutes. My goals each day are 30 YYB, 45 SS, and max (762) SOSD. (And 10 MSN, which I do on my other computer, since this one doesn't have enough RAM for it.) I try to play 15 min. SOSD and 30-45 min. SSSB with breakfast, repeat at lunch, and then continue in the evening until I've exceeded my goals in each game for the day.

I love the answers people are posting here! I like to see how others are going about this.

Another question I have to ask is how do you know when you've reached your max in your games? Does the sending score page tell you?

I start out with playing 3 rounds of each game just to get the np and put it straight in the bank. The order goes: SOSD, MSN, SS, YYB.
Then I max out YYB, which I'm often done with during late afternoon/early evening. And then I max out SOSD which I'm often done with either around 8 pm, or between 11 and 12 pm, all depending on if I make it a day where I post pure 1 goal games or pure 5 goal games. (on bye days it's always 1 goal games. On the other days it depends on the time I have to spare, and the opponent we are facing that day. The tougher the opponent, the more compelled I feel to send in pure 5 goal games, and maybe put in the extra hours into the night just to do so).

Of course, if I've had an eventful day and only get to play during the evening, it's just gonna be a mix between the 2 (after the 3 of every game startup), until I get too tired and feel like it would consume too much of the next day if I keep on playing.

While I play I watch Supernatural. I'm almost done with season 4. Started watching the show, when I started playing this Cup.

I try to max out MSN first since it's one of the shortest game and pretty brainless, so I can open another browser or setup my ipad playing some movies/dramas and entertain myself while I bash away on my keyboard.

I max out SOSD next, 1 goal games on bye days and 5 goal games on regular playing days. 762 is rather manageable for these games since they're usually very short.

Next I do YYB and just keep playing :)

I leave SS for the last because it's a freaking annoying game and it takes epicly long to just complete one pathetic game, so i just do as many as I can until I feel like sleeping. Most of the times I manage to max out these if I commit enough time, but if I can't max them out, it's still fine since the points to effort ratio is just too big and the game is not really an efficient one to play.

I love the answers people are posting here! I like to see how others are going about this.

Another question I have to ask is how do you know when you've reached your max in your games? Does the sending score page tell you?

I usually calculate beforehand to know when would I hit my max so that I know when to stop, although if I forget to do that I would just keep playing until the counters to the right of the game suddenly stops updating :P

I try to max out MSN first since it's one of the shortest game and pretty brainless, so I can open another browser or setup my ipad playing some movies/dramas and entertain myself while I bash away on my keyboard.

I max out SOSD next, 1 goal games on bye days and 5 goal games on regular playing days. 762 is rather manageable for these games since they're usually very short.

Next I do YYB and just keep playing :)

I leave SS for the last because it's a freaking annoying game and it takes epicly long to just complete one pathetic game, so i just do as many as I can until I feel like sleeping. Most of the times I manage to max out these if I commit enough time, but if I can't max them out, it's still fine since the points to effort ratio is just too big and the game is not really an efficient one to play.

I usually calculate beforehand to know when would I hit my max so that I know when to stop, although if I forget to do that I would just keep playing until the counters to the right of the game suddenly stops updating :P

if you play some games simultaneously, you can cut down on some of the time it takes to max everything out. i can max out both SS/MSN each day by playing them at the same time....i start a game of SS, play 4 quick games of MSN, go take care of the customers that have built up and when i've got them dealt with, go play four more quick games of MSN and then come back and finish out SS. SS still takes a few hours to max out, but this way, in the same amount of time it takes to hit the minimum score of SS and send, you're getting in plenty of other games.

if you play some games simultaneously, you can cut down on some of the time it takes to max everything out. i can max out both SS/MSN each day by playing them at the same time....i start a game of SS, play 4 quick games of MSN, go take care of the customers that have built up and when i've got them dealt with, go play four more quick games of MSN and then come back and finish out SS. SS still takes a few hours to max out, but this way, in the same amount of time it takes to hit the minimum score of SS and send, you're getting in plenty of other games.

Thanks for the tip ;) Sometimes I do YYB and MSN/SOSD together but I usually just leave SS to the last because for some reason I just really dislike the game, maybe that's the reason I even hate doing SS because I end up having nothing else to do apart from SS XD I'll try your method out tomorrow and see if my experience improves hahahah xD

I play 5-10 games of each. Depending on how much time I have or my mood. I find playing all the games to be less time consuming and less tedious when it comes to rising the ranks than just maxing out YYB and SOSD. It helps to add variety into your routine. I definitely always play SS last but it gets frustrating when you get a server error when submitting your score. :| All that effort for nothing.

I seem to be changing my schedule every day.

I typically do at least 10 games of YYB, 20 games of SS, and 25 games of SoSd for every game of SS. Then I just pad the remaining points to the next rank with whatever game I despise the least at the time.

It's worked so far, but it's going to be tough these last few ranks.

Thanks for the tip ;) Sometimes I do YYB and MSN/SOSD together but I usually just leave SS to the last because for some reason I just really dislike the game, maybe that's the reason I even hate doing SS because I end up having nothing else to do apart from SS XD I'll try your method out tomorrow and see if my experience improves hahahah xD

well it works for me. :P

you have to be quick though and gauge your ability at MSN with how many you can get in before the customers are too heavily piled up. I started at about 3 and 3, then 4 and 3, but some days i go i found i can get up to 8 so i shoot for 8 per game of SS. once i hit 285+, end game -> send score. i actually kinda like SS BECAUSE you can take a second to rest or do something else real quick at the beginning waiting for customers to come up; i can check a social media update or message or something and even when there's nothing to check, it's a bit like a zen experience; once you're in that groove and blazing through those slushies......i think it's because the nature of the game allows your mind to "rest" or wander so that you're not so hyper-focused on bashing out MSN, speeding through 1 goal SOSDs or padding your stats (and dealing with Darigan Yooyus!!!!) in YYB.

anyway, that was way more thought than SS really needs, but that's just my headspace with the game. :P

to tell you the truth, the most mind-numbing part of my day is maxing out SS/MSN, but mostly because of MSN. i generally keep a close watch on the counters on the side to see how much more of a game i need to play before stopping. YYB isn't a problem because it's only 68 games (not freakin 300, like it was in past years) and i like getting big scores. SOSD goes by so quickly and i already explained SS, but i swear, watching that counter tick up for MSN seems sooooooooooooooooooo ridiculously slow. A few days ago, i started to resort to something that has worked for me in the past called "chunking." Instead of looking at individual numbers, i think of things in sets. With YYB, i think in sets of 5 and check my stats after making five games. SOSD, i refresh after every 30 plays. With SS, i think of it in 5 sets with 8 games of MSN each for 40 games per 5 games of SS, putting things in nice round numbers and allowing myself to look at it as a quicker growth of sorts even though it's not.

I don't know if all that makes sense to anyone else, but it works for me. :P

but if nothing else, it makes it easier and quicker to rank up since you're essentially maxing out one game in the same amount of time it takes to max out another. Actually, if you do multiple games of MSN (or SOSD) per SS, you'll finish it before you finish maxing out SS which lets your arms and brain take a break as you zone out on SS. :3

you have to be quick though and gauge your ability at MSN with how many you can get in before the customers are too heavily piled up. I started at about 3 and 3, then 4 and 3, but some days i go i found i can get up to 8 so i shoot for 8 per game of SS. once i hit 285+, end game -> send score. i actually kinda like SS BECAUSE you can take a second to rest or do something else real quick at the beginning waiting for customers to come up; i can check a social media update or message or something and even when there's nothing to check, it's a bit like a zen experience; once you're in that groove and blazing through those slushies......i think it's because the nature of the game allows your mind to "rest" or wander so that you're not so hyper-focused on bashing out MSN, speeding through 1 goal SOSDs or padding your stats (and dealing with Darigan Yooyus!!!!) in YYB.

anyway, that was way more thought than SS really needs, but that's just my headspace with the game. :P

I feel the same, and it's exactly why SS is actually my favourite AC game. The others are really fast-paced because you have to do things in a rather frantic way. But Slushie Slinger is kind of like a zen experience compared to all those games, you're right. It takes longer, but my mind definitely needs the break after frantically going after goals. :P

yeah SS is the closest thing you'll get to "rest" in a day of frantic play, without actually stopping to rest. ;)

Strategy? Hah!

I think the only strategy I have is "play when I can for as long as my patience allows" (which, on both counts, does not equate to much time). :D

I am at Rank 3.

I KNOW that sounds piddling to most of you...but, for me, it is the highest rank I've ever made and I'm quite pleased.

I may end up making Rank 4...or even 5...but, it really just depends on time and patience.

I have MAD respect for those of you who can hit the higher Ranks and/or even All-Star.

I think my fingers would fall off (and I'd probably lose my marbles...what few I have left!)

Good luck to all...

Cheers!

:P