Came back to a Frozen Account

MikeSugs

Hi everyone,

I used to play Neopets quite some time ago (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=mikesugs13) and when I went back to it, about 6 months ago, I noticed that the account was frozen. I inquired as to why my accounts was frozen (maybe it got hacked or something...) and this was the response.

"Ticket has been closed.

Thank you for writing in! Your account was frozen for having a username that contains personal information. Usernames containing personal information, or that are possible first and last names, are not allowed to protect the identity and safety of our users. Please feel free to create a username more suitable and safe for Neopets.

Alice W., The Neopets Team"

My account was 12 years old at the time of it being frozen without any issues of having a faulty username. My guess is that the ToS was changed over the course of time and that forced my account to be closed. I was wondering, do any of you know if there is a way for me to provide sufficient information to get my account back and then have the username changed so that it agrees to the new ToS?

Any help would be ultra-appreciated. :)

-Mike

what :( I'm so sorry! wow, I actually know quite a few people who I'm pretty sure use their real fist and last names in their username. That's too bad, I wish it was possible to change usernames but looks like you'll have to start over. I remember starting over when my oldest account was purged due to inactivity. It's not too bad, I found it kind of fun actually :)

You could always ask TNT to transfer all of your items/account details (such as avatars etc) to a new account. I know they've been able to do that with other users in the past.

I'm sorry this happened, and good luck!

I use my first name in my account and it also identifies me as a nurse (rn_tracy1_rn). Hopefully they don't feel that is too personal. Back 6 yrs when I signed up, and obviously 12 yrs ago when the OP signed up, there was nothing in the rules about doing this. If this is currently a rule, the old accounts should not be affected by it or "grandfathered in." My son uses his name and year of birth as his user name. Hmmmm.

It seems like your account is back up?

Maybe remove your surname from your profile by editing your profile details. It's kind of impossible to find out what your full name is if your nickname is mikesugs13.

Wait, if you google my Neopets nickname you find all my social media and everything... because AllTimeMarr is like... my ultimate nickname, I use it almost everywhere?! Am I in trouble now too...? Don't think that would be fair though, lol.

A friend of mine was frozen for the same exact reason except her username was literally avatargirl (with a few random numbers at the end). They deemed it as the same reason you got frozen for which isn't right speaking that her first or last name is neither avatar nor is it girl. They STILL haven't responded to her ticket she submitted almost 3 months ago, so we are all hoping for something good to come out of it.

With your problem, later down the road you could always resubmit your ticket which is what I did to get un-silenced. For now, I don't think you will be getting your account back any time soon :sad01_anim: sorry!

Maybe remove your surname from your profile by editing your profile details. It's kind of impossible to find out what your full name is if your nickname is mikesugs13.

Wait, if you google my Neopets nickname you find all my social media and everything... because AllTimeMarr is like... my ultimate nickname, I use it almost everywhere?! Am I in trouble now too...? Don't think that would be fair though, lol.

Yeah, what AllTimeMarr said. The link you gave us shows that your account has been unfrozen.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks for your sympathy, everyone. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one!

Not getting my account back won't break my heart, but it would be cool to see if those tiny mushrooms are worth anything now...

Oh! It looks like you're right..? It no longer says that my username is invalid - now I'm up to hurdle #2. I wonder what my password is (also, I think my e-mail linked to it is inactive). XD

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I kind of feel your pain on the p/w, my main account was inactive for so many years. My main issue was remembering the E-Mail p/w linked to that account since it was made in middle school and hadn't been used much since due to TONS of spam. But I remembered it after thinking it over for almost 2 weeks, and I have had it back for almost 4 months now (I couldn't give up my Faerie Cybunny just like that)

Well, I'm glad that it seems your account is back! That was silly, "MikeSugs" was hardly revealing.
Hopefully you can remember how to get in! ;o;

I'm worried. My main & sides ALL have my name & surname in them, I use them daily, I have NP & UC pets..

Maybe you can make new accounts and tranfer the pets to the new accounts?