• minimalist(maximum of 5 items)
    • Space
    • Mystery Island
    • Fashion egg
    • Colorful
    • Spring
    • Candyland
    • None

Hello Contestants, and TDNF! :) Here's a preview of the entries for Customization Contest #3!

The selected theme: Underwater

You can click on the pictures to view the animation.

Want to enter for the next round? Check out this thread for details.
http://www.tdnforums...ill-be-a-prize/

Feel free to vote for a theme, or post your suggestions for the next contest.

Rules:

1. You can't vote for yourself, as stated in the rules on the Customization Contest thread.

2. You can vote for more than one entry.

3. If you don't want to select a vote for any of the 3 sections, select the "None" option along with the votes of your choice.

4. Voting for a theme is optional. If you don't want to vote for a theme, select "None".

5. If there is ever a tie in votes for the top 3 entries, then the voting deadline will be extended.

tdnf2.pngtdnf1.pngtdnf3.pngparticipantseven.png

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries! :D

First Place: Shelleyjoy

Awarded: Gold trophy and Frozen White Tree wearable item.

1zbt1kl.png

Queen of the Frozen Seas

While many are familiar with the tropical waters of maraqua, much of the undersea community remains a mystery. The oceans of Neopia are teeming with life everywhere from the bay of the Lost Desert to the coast of Tyrannia. But the waters off the shore of Terror Mountain could arguably host the finest of all Neopia's undersea kingdoms. Concealed by glaciers, undersea explorers have tried and failed to catch a glimpse of the frozen city. With waters at a constant temperature on the verge of freezing, glacial ice remains intact and is used as a building resource. The true magnificence of this city is seen when the sunlight pierces the water, refracting though the undersea glacial ice, illuminating all its structures.

Second Place: Navy

Awarded: Silver Trophy

259fv6c.png

Zombie Flotsam is here to remind you guys to keep our oceans clean!

Third Place: Sabs

Awarded: Bronze Trophy

in8pwg.png

Expired entries(Monday, June 30th, 2014)

Entry#1

medium_preview.png

Entry#2

medium_preview.png

Malissa looked back at her home for one last time. Was she making the right choice? Only time will tell... Besides, in her heart, Malissa felt it was right. She needed to move on. She thought of those wonderful moments- talking with the Flotsams and making friends with the Maraquan Kacheeks... She quickly wiped away her tears away. Malissa knew that this was what her destiny was... She didn't want her parents to choose her fate. She didn't want to be a princess with huge responsibilities held on her shoulders. She wanted to be..free. She tore away at the remains of her royalty and swished pass the seaweed. They seemed to be trying to push her back, but she wasn't going to be going back. Ever. Malissa put on a fearless grin and swam into the darkness.

Entry#3

medium_preview.png

Queen of the Frozen Seas

While many are familiar with the tropical waters of maraqua, much of the undersea community remains a mystery. The oceans of Neopia are teeming with life everywhere from the bay of the Lost Desert to the coast of Tyrannia. But the waters off the shore of Terror Mountain could arguably host the finest of all Neopia's undersea kingdoms. Concealed by glaciers, undersea explorers have tried and failed to catch a glimpse of the frozen city. With waters at a constant temperature on the verge of freezing, glacial ice remains intact and is used as a building resource. The true magnificence of this city is seen when the sunlight pierces the water, refracting though the undersea glacial ice, illuminating all its structures.

Entry#4

16721j.png

Even underwater pets travel to Shenkuu to enjoy the Cherry Blossom festival each spring, watching the blossoms gently drift through the water. The surface is dappled pink from the sunlight filtering through the trees.

Entry#5

medium_preview.png

Entry#6

250qc7k.png

Entry#7

medium_preview.png

Entry#8

medium_preview.png

Entry#9

medium_preview.png

Entry#10

medium_preview.png

Entry#11

medium_preview.png

She has dressed her best since it's Maraqua's first time hosting the official Neopia New Years celebration. She's excited to make her best impression and show Maraqua's best side.

Entry#12

medium_preview.png

She's a siren, luring sailors to their doom! :evil:

Entry#13

medium_preview.png

This Koi is throwing a tea party down in Maraqua!

Entry#14

medium_preview.png

This is Lythia. She's a part of the Royal Family in Maraqua and although King Kelpbeard would never admit it, Lythia is necessary to keep Maraqua safe from another pirate attack. She's a sorcerer and can bend water to anything she wants. Her favorite plants are coral plants. She loves to scatter them all over in Maraqua, but King Kelpbeard wouldn't be happy with that. She mostly stays on the background, hiding in the highest tower of the Maraqua Castle, but occasionally talking to Maraquan Petpets, who adore her as if she was their queen. Lythia is very happy with her life in Maraqua and will stay in Maraqua as long as she's needed there.

Entry#15

King Trident or an underwater king.

medium_preview.png

Entry#16

medium_preview.png

Zombie Flotsam is here to remind you guys to keep our oceans clean!

Entry#17

27ymrec.png

Entry#18

medium_preview.png

If it's not too much trouble, could you please change the picture of my entry to the one here? The animated parts look awful in DTI's pic:

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac159/siniri/Neopets/FlotsamCherryBlossomFestival.jpg

Wow, this competition has gotten big -- it's becoming a lot of work for you, Sabs. Would you accept donations for the prizes at all? I could donate an item for a prize for the next round.

Siniri- Sure thing, and it's updated! I love that it is growing! Aww thank you! :) Any donations would be appreciated, and your name will be listed on the customization contest thread for recognition.

For future reference: If anyone would like their entry cropped in a design software for better quality, you can post that when you link your entry on the customization contest thread. :)

Thanks, Sabs! That makes sense; I'll make sure to do that next time since I seem to always choose things that don't translate well.

Ruto, LOL. I have no idea what fashion egg means, but that version would be hilarious!

I'd LOVE a Candy theme! :D Though I'm not sure if there are a lot of Candy themed wearables out there....and Chocolate pets will dominate, too....so I'd be ready to see those who'd make their pet something OTHER than Chocolate for this theme, and get creative. Oh, idea!! What if Chocolate Neopets were excluded from the theme, to make it more challenging? OwO

Whew, that was difficult for voting! All the entries are unique! :) I'm rooting for the real life/character theme the most, but I'm really curious about the fashion egg and minimalist.

Siniri- You're welcome! I always pick items that need cropping too. lol

Ruto- yeahlatte mentioned the fashion egg on the last voting thread lol, but posted the link again. :) The eggs looks fun and creative!

This is going to be the hardest ever to vote for. There's so many that I want to pick, but I'm forcing myself to no more than four. (That would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a runner up.) Voting for everyone would be just plain wrong, but I really wish I could. *haha*

I've done my best and I hope that everyone feels great in knowing what a super terrific job they all did!

Azurablue- You're not the only one! :P There were a lot of great entries, but I forced myself to only choose one. If I had voted for all the ones I felt was awesome, they're would be a huge tiebreak for 3rd place!

Also, I did better than the last competition! :) Last time I only got 1 vote, but this time I got 3 votes! It may not seem like much to some of you, but it's a HUGE accomplishment for me! :)

I thought I had my mind all made up but now looking at the entries again...

gaahhh so hard to decide. Amazing job everyone! :)

BTW, how do I tell how many votes do I get?

IWANT THIS!!! Excluding chocolate and (preferably) all food pets would toughen it.

I'd LOVE a Candy theme! :D Though I'm not sure if there are a lot of Candy themed wearables out there....and Chocolate pets will dominate, too....so I'd be ready to see those who'd make their pet something OTHER than Chocolate for this theme, and get creative. Oh, idea!! What if Chocolate Neopets were excluded from the theme, to make it more challenging? OwO

I agree with you guys. I wanted to vote for all of them, and I almost did. lol

Totu487- Major props for only choosing one! And, thank you! I'm glad you are getting more votes this round, and more could come before voting ends. xD

Lady- Candy theme sounds fun with the exclusion of chocolate pets. Now, I wish I voted for it. :P I think we'll get around to all the themes eventually.

Zephyr- You can vote for as many entries as you want. Their aren't any limitations. ^^

I thought I had my mind all made up but now looking at the entries again...

gaahhh so hard to decide. Amazing job everyone! :)

BTW, how do I tell how many votes do I get?

After you've voted, it should direct you to the results page, where it shows how many votes you get. If you want to see who voted for you, click the View Button (next to your Entry #) and it should show you all the users that have voted for you. :)

Congratulations to our top 3 winners! :D

Shelleyjoy, Navy, and Sabs

Awesome job to everyone that entered! For those that didn't place in the top 3, you will receive an awesome purple participation medal for Contest #3. :)

Entries are now opened for Contest #4 with a new theme and challenge

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-customization-contest/

If you had any alternate customization for this round that you'd like to show off, you can post it on the Honorable Mention thread created by Lady Lyuba.

http://www.tdnforums...rable-mentions/

I didn't even expect to place, thanks guys!