Fossils Rock Robots

Midtime

bg.png

Greetings, viewers, and welcome to today's report! This is Midtime, reporting from the newsroom with the results from another exciting day.

[Midtime pauses for a moment, glances to his left, and clears his throat loudly.]

The results, please?

kyrii stack o papers [Some one runs over and places a stack of papers on the desk, weighed down with a rock.]

Ah, one of our trusty camerapeople. Thank you for your punctuality.

KI Logo First in the Alabriss Bracket, the Chillers bettered their performance yesterday with a reasonable draw in Yooyuball against Krawk Island. The Pirates have been foundering through the last two rounds, but seem to be having an easier time of it now, and thanks to their victories in the penalty shootouts and the slushie stands, can count today as another success; but that the Chillers matched them on the field is something not easily forgotten. Terror Mountain Captain Prytariel responded briefly to questions, breezing past questions of performance to instead mention that it was "the most enjoyable match we've had this round. We're not fond of losses, but the whole team's proud of how we played - and we know our fans are, too."

excuse to finally use a Faerieland pic The Cup's perennial underdog has pulled off another upset, matching the Lost Desert's scores in Slushie Slinger and surpassing them Make Some Noise, and coming only one point short of a total draw in the other two games. Team Faerieland have often shown themselves capable of achieving surprising feats, and their fans are certain that the occasional upset isn't the best they can do - they certainly haven't burned out, and with the rest of the teams will be pushing on towards the season's end.

what the hell even is this face Mystery Island's winning streak has come to the attention of many a sports fan recently. Today their victims were the Knights, who despite an excellent game, couldn't quite best their opponents' field performance. Make Some Noise followed suit, and while those losses were by a narrow margin, the Natives thundered past them in Slushie Slinger, and took advantage of the penalties to demonstrate their superb coordination and field awareness. Mystery Island have been rising remarkably in the standings over the past few rounds, and as they are now many believe they, too, could stand a chance against the tournament favourites - but with the Cup coming to a close, they may not have a chance this year.

Now it will be my pleasure to send you over to Brooke in the... lobby... for the Minitheus Bracket results.

"Thanks, Midtime! It's nice to be back indoors again, even if it is only the lobby. Good thing my boss is such a nice person! This is Brooke, reporting on the Minitheus Bracket, where the big names in this year's cup went head-to-head.

sad green gelert "First up, two fiery teams went up against each other as Moltara and Altador took the field. It appears that the Magmas put their efforts into Make Some Noise, as they defeated the Suns by an epic thirteen-point gap. The closest match was in Shootout Showdown, where the teams were only two points apart. Moltara continued to ride out the waves of victory, sweeping Altador in the remaining events.

clockwork yooyu "In what was possibly the most anticipated match of the season, last year's victors, Tyrannia, faced off against one of this year's dominating forces, Virtupets. The Fossils got off to a strong start with a 9-8 win in Yooyuball, but fell to a vicious side-sweep from the Robots. Virtupets laid down a particularly solid beat-down in Make Some Noise with an eight-point margin, and left no room for error in the other two side games. If Tyrannia pulls ahead, they'll be the first ever back-to-back win; is it still possible? Keep tuning in to us to find out!

hubert hotdog "In our third highly-anticipated match of the Minitheus Bracket, the Haunted Woods took on Kreludor. The Zombies have had only one loss so far this season, and today certainly didn't marr that streak. The Moons faced their third sweep in four days today, but it doesn't seem to have broken their stride. I happened to bump into Qyldae Wegg, the Kreludorian left forward, on my way to the slushie stand, and he assured me that the Moons are practicing harder than ever, but making sure to keep it fun. 'We take turns playing goalie and the player who blocks the most goals gets to pick where we eat dinner after practice,' Wegg told me with a warm smile. 'Jurin takes us to Hubert's Hot Dogs a lot!'

"That wraps up the Minitheus Bracket, so I'll hand the comm over to Lydia."

sunshiiine [The feed switches to outside the door of The Daily Neopets' Headquarters, where Lydia is sitting on a park bench.]

"Thank you, Brooke! It's such a pretty day outside. I'm sorry you don't want to be out in this lovely sunshine. I'll finish off the report with the Vaeolus Bracket.

darigan shark of doom "Anyway, we'll start with the Minions and the Mermaids. Maraqua has been having a rough year this season, and yesterday's match was no different. While they had a strong showing, Darigan Citadel was able to sweep them. The Mermaids remain a cheerful bunch and are enjoying the game for the simple pleasure of playing it. The Minions are still pushing for a mid-tier win, particularly with this most recent bracket having gone so successfully.

what kind of name is weemelott "Shenkuu and Brightvale also went head to head, with Brightvale narrowly pulling ahead in Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown. These victories came at the expense of Make Some Noise and Slushie Slinger, however, with Shenkuu taking the lead early in those two games. The Wizards were never quite able to catch up, and instead threw their efforts into the two they won.

nervous "Kiko Lake and Roo Island had a series of nail-biters, keeping fans on the edge of their seats as the scores bounced like Roos and Kikos back and forth. Ultimately the Kikos got the last word in for Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown, with the Roos coming out ahead in Make Some Noise and Slushie Slinger.

"I think that wraps up yesterday's results. Today we've got Tyrannia and Moltara going at it on the field. Tyrannia has been pulling a lot of upsets this year and Moltara will be hard-pressed to stop that. Also in the Minitheus Bracket is Kreludor and Virtupets. The Moons have pulled several upsets themselves and will make this space battle interesting.

"Anyway, I'm going to go check on the progress in the newsroom - make sure that the falling hazards have been taken care of. This is Lydia, with The Daily Neopets, signing off."

ctp_851.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).