Haunted Woods Set to Take Victory, Blue Techo Gurgles

Midtime

yurble_lumberjackoutfit.png

Good morning, Neopians everywhere! This is Brooke, reporting from the TDN newsroom, and speaking rather more softly than usual because I have a tremendous headache, for some reason. Matt and I have been asked to "bury the hatchet", so for the moment, we've called a cease-fire. Besides, those were my best heels and the cleaning crew doesn't know where they ended up!

So let's start things off with the Alabriss Bracket.

haunted woods logo Haunted Woods, the front-runners for the cup, and Kiko Lake started things off yesterday. Kiko Lake has been putting up relatively low scores this year, and while the Zombies' scores were quite a bit lower than usual, the Kikos were just no competition. The Zombies are feeling confident, and rightfully so, as they're basically shoo-ins for the podium at this point, and it certainly can't have hurt their egos to have swept the Kikos in all four events. Kiko Lake, however, could very well pull ahead into fourth if they play their cards right.

CHARRRRGE Gosh i'm funny The Darigan Citadel has been doing very well over the last couple of weeks, (and indeed, over the whole month, as they're currently tied for fourth!) and today was no exception. They defeated Meridell in three of four events. The Knights, however, refused to accept total defeat, charging in for a draw on the Yooyuball field. (See what I did there? They charged because they're Knights? And that's what... knights... do? *ahem*) They definitely did better against the Minions this time around! Hopefully they can hold their position without being knocked back any further.

acara from moltara In our final match of the bracket, the Lost Desert took on Moltara. Lost Desert has had some hard luck this bracket, facing some of the giants of the Yooyuball field, and they stood no chance against the Magmas. Moltara has had a great year, and their position on the podium is all but certain. Their progress this season has definitely provided an inspiring example of what perseverance can do!

So I guess, since he's here, I'll pass things over to Matt, who's been giving me the stink-eye for the last ten minutes. Matt?

[Matt stops giving Brooke the stink-eye.]

Thanks, Brooke. This is Matt, reporting live from the TDN newsroom. I've recovered after that head injury that I sustained last night. After being pressured from Lydia to cease the madness, Brooke and I have decided to try and play nice for the next few days. Let's hope this'll please Lydia so she'll get off our backs for a while, but for now we take a look at the results from the Minitheus Bracket!

YAYYYYYY Tyrannia and Virtupets had a relatively easy time taking down Mystery Island and Shenkuu today respectively. The Natives and the Ninjas both suffered an incessant barrage of attacks, the offence of the other teams far superior to the defense of Mystery Island and Shenkuu. The unrelenting speed in slinging slushies and shooting penalty goals, as well as the booming cheers that could be heard from miles away, all contributed to their downfall. Both the Fossils and the Robots are currently enjoying their current positions in their bracket and in the overall standings, and they are most likely going to remain that way, unless a drastic event occurs.

dude from krawk island For the last matchup of the Minitheus Bracket, Krawk Island and Maraqua went head on today. The Pirates' mercurial gameplay style helped them take victories in Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown today, the Pirates coming up with flexible strategies that were able to net them the wins. Maraqua was able to see through them in Slushie Slinger, as the Mermaids snagged the win, shutting the Pirates out. Fans of Maraqua were also able to take the win in Make Some Noise today, the fans cheering loud enough to drown out the Pirates. Get it? No? Come on! It's a better pun than what Brooke had!

[A faint "Play nice!" is heard in the background. Matt makes a slight pouty face before concluding the Minitheus Bracket.]

Anyways, that wraps up the Minitheus Bracket! Let's hand the bracket over to Midtime!

[Cut to the Colosseum. Slushie tents are set up in the background.]

"Er, no, thank you - both my hands are full. Hm? Oh! Right.

"The Vaeolus Bracket has surprised us with its results, and the crowds are still ablaze with seasonal fervour. I will describe them.

happy blums "The ever-enthusiastic Rooligans have had another good day, this time tying with the struggling, but still formidable, Team Kreludor. They also went on to top the Moons in all three side events, resulting in an all-around win. The draw, like most, was much talked about among the fans of both teams; although Kreludor's scores have fallen recently, they remain at seventh in the standings, and Roo Island's feat was nothing to scoff at. As usual, festivities for Rooligan fans seem set to continue for some time.

searched for Slushie Tent got Slushie Tentacles. close enough. "Brightvale took up the broom with a vengeance, sweeping Terror Mountain with record scores. While the Wizards were forecasted to win the match, their performance across the board, and especially their final shootout score and slushie ratings, are a pleasant surprise to all Brightvale fans. While people are divided over the exact cause of their success on the field, it could be fairly said that their slushies speak for themselves, as people are still flocking to the tents for a taste.

altador logo crest thing "In a near-perfect reversal of their last encounter, Altador broke through the clouds to side-sweep Faerieland today, narrowly besting their scores in all three events. An exciting Yooyuball match, meanwhile, ended in a draw, keeping Altador from what would have been its first sweep. Still, this is Altador's first unambiguous victory, and fans are elated at their success. Team captain "Trapper" Remis addressed the team's supporters in an interview, thanking them for their dedication.

"That's all for the Vaeolus Bracket. We shall now turn our attention to the day ahead. We ask you to pay particular attention to the Haunted Woods matchup versus Darigan Citadel, as performance analysis has uncovered the possibility that the Minions may take a game from them. Similarly, the tenacious members of team Kiko Lake will give Moltara a run for their money in the main events. The Ninjas, meanwhile, will attempt to make headway against the Mermaids, recently unpredictable in their scores.

"Naturally, we at TDN will be first with the results! Good luck to all teams. This is Midtime, reporting for The Daily Neopets, signing off."

sm_caption_630.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).