Browser cache problems?

Whenever I'm browsing around on neo, often the page doesn't load to its newest version.

What I meant is when doing things like neoquest. Whenever I click on an arrow button to move around, the browser loads the image when I last clicked that button.

For example:

lets say that I start by having my character stand on a chair, and I click the right directional button and the page loads to

an image where I'm standing on the right side of the chair. Next I click up and now I'm standing directly diagonally from the chair. Next I click the right D-button again and instead of going right from the previous location, I'm moved back to being on the right side of the chair.

Does that make any sense?

I figured it has something to do with my browser cache, and I read that using the incognito mode helps (I'm using Chrome btw) but it still doing that. Its become a slight annoyance having to refresh the page every now and then to get the image to load my correct position..

Is there anything on the setting I should do that can fix this?

Thanks for the help and sorry if my grammar is all over the place. XD

Have you tried to clear your cache? (obvious, I know, but I had to ask :P) I have played through NQII without ever encountering this problem, even without logging in from Incognito Mode.

Do you have any extensions that might interfere your browsing, or an anti-virus that might be messing it up? Do you regularly clear your temporary files?

Those are the most common issues, I think. Barring that, there's always Firefox :P

The thing is, whenever I use the browser in my office computer to play neoquest *ssshhhh don't tell my boss I'm browsing a game during office hours lol* the pages loads perfectly without any of the issues I encountered when I'm using the browser on my home computer.

Yes I already tried clearing my cache and then playing on incognito, but after several clicks the problem came back.

I don't have any browser add ons, extensions or anti viruses that might be interfering. At least none that I'm aware of. (I only have IDM active at all times)

I installed FF and used that to play neoquest, but the old image thing also occurs there after several clicks. lol

EDIT: forgot to mention that I also use chrome when I'm using the office computer.

How fast do you click? If you click fast (say you know you wanna move right 5 times in a row, then you might hit the right arrow again whenever the arrows are visible) then do a quick test and wait say 30 sec in between each move. Let us know the result.

If you don't click fast, then your downloading speed can still give the true effect of fast clicks. How fast is your downloading speed?

Umm.. Sorry but I don't really understand how the test is supposed to be done. XD

I'm a pretty fast clicker if I do say so myself. My download speed is pretty decent, but I heard its pretty low in international standards. On a good day I can get up to 2.5mbps, but usually its around 1 - 1.2mbps on average.

I tried clicking fast, but after the second click the page immediately loads to the previous "version" so I still have to refresh to get the newest one.

Ok so here is a more detailed description.

You downloading speed is descent yes, you can easily check it on various websites. Why clicking fast can cause the problem can be described as a timeline. A normal neoquest game will possibly flow as follows:

1. Player clicks on an arrow
  2. Game registers the arrow click
  3. Game displays the updated NQ screen
  4. Game updates the player position and other game logic
  5. Player clicks on an arrow

By fast clicking it's not unlikely to get the following flow:

1. Player clicks on an arrow
  2. Game registers the arrow click
  3. Game displays the updated NQ screen
  4. Player clicks on an arrow
  5. Game updates the player position according to the first click

And this can cause bugs such as your.

What I want you to try is to click, wait say 30 seconds, click again, wait and so on. Please do that and say if you still experience game issues.

Okie. Thanks for the explanation Richard.

I tried that method, and this is what I got:

(assuming my starting position is 0,0)

1. Clicked left -> game loads my character moving left 1 space (new coordinate -1,0)

2. Click down -> moves down 1 space (-1,-1)

3. Click left -> move left 1 space (-2,-1)

4. Click down -> move down 1 space (-2,-2)

5. Click left -> move left 1 space (-3,-2)

6. Click down -> move down 1 space (-3,-3)

7. Click left -> move left 1 space (-4,-3)

8. Click down -> move down 1 space (-4,-4)

9. Click left -> game displays screen number 7 (-4,-3), which is the result of when I last clicked the left button.

10. Refresh page -> game updates the correct position of my character moving left 1 space (-5,-4)

11. Click left -> no change

12. Refresh page -> game updates the correct position of (-6,-4)

13. Click up -> move up 1 space (-6,-3)

14. Click up -> move up 1 space (-6,-2)

15. Click left -> game displays screen number 12 (-6,-4)

16. Refresh page -> game updates to (-7,-2)

etc.

I hope that wasn't too confusing >.>

And yes I waited around 30-60 seconds after each step.

When I did it without the wait, the problem occurs as soon as on step 3 (which is the second time I clicked the left button)

So, although the problem occurs much later in terms of click counts (With fast clicking, the problem happens by the second - third click. By waiting for 30-60 seconds before clicking, I manage to get to 5 clicks before the game went buggy again), the problem is still there.

Ooops

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. If you need a post deleted, use the 'Report' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm still experiencing problems when using Firefox. Haven't tried IE though.

Btw, I feel I need to clarify that this problem does not only show when I'm on neoquest. The site in general almost always loads an older version of a page whenever I click a link.

So when I'm viewing my inventory, restocking at a shop, visiting a city, etc, After clicking the link to go to that page, I have to hit refresh before the it actually loads the newest version.

I figured the problem is either in my connection or my browser set up. The game (and the whole site in general) works fine whenever I'm logging in from other PCs though.

Another thing I just noticed is that links from external sites (such as TDN dailies) always load the newest version of that page.