Avatar Checklist Not Working!! Help!!!

nijiroppi

Which ones are you having problem with? There is a couple that won't import automatically because of their name having special characters in it. You should be able to click on the avatar you wish to check off on your list and have it bring up a pop-up. In that pop-up there's a checkbox to add it to your list. You can also click the checkbox in the avatar list as well.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but make sure you're logged in. I was updating my AC counter a few days ago and didn't realize I was logged out so it wouldn't update. That could be what's happening with your avatars.

• 2 weeks later...

Try checking the Lawyerbot one and the I <3 Sloth one those will also not be imported through the automatic import. Also I'd check your most recent avatars to see if any of those didn't get checked off.

Nope, nope, and nope. Lawyerbot is checked, I don't have either of the Sloth ones. Randomly going through my avvies and nothing seems amiss. Is the site counting that premium avvie? Although I don't get why all of a sudden that would be a problem.

I don't think it's the premium avatar. Here's a quote from our premium guide:

While the avatar and site theme are solely for graphic enhancement and don't show up in your avatar or site theme counts, the charm is the most coveted.

Another one to check might be the Emo Usuki avatar. That one sometimes gets toggled on and off if you view your shop front with a different shopkeeper. Other then that I'm not sure what else it could be.

• 6 months later...

Also if you're using the one-click import tool, it will only work once a month.

I didn't realize I could only do this once a month. I just tried one click import and got an error message:

A Database Error Occurred Error Number: 2006

MySQL server has gone away

SELECT * FROM neoavatars_list WHERE avatar_name = 'Grey Faerie'

Filename: /home/thedail1/public_html/controllers/avatars.php

Line Number: 314

And my avatar checklist got cleared...

Because you ran it a second time this month, your data got cleared because as it says on that page:

NOTICE — any existing checklist data at TDN will be replaced with the data above. No personal information is transmitted in this process.

If you're only adding one new avatar, rather then running the tool each time it's a lot easier to just add the avatars once you get them. I've only used the import tool once and that was about 4 years ago when I first joined TDN. I've never had to use it since, as I go to the list and add them in manually.