Forgot password to account, e-mail not available

Jeran

Well...it's been a while since I logged into NP and I have forgotten my password (I also forgot my password here but I was able to retrieve it, hehe). I do not remember the e-mail I associated with my NP account, but I have tried validating with all of the e-mail addresses that I can think of. None of these work.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me figure out how to send an electronic request? The only options for users who are not logged in are "snail mail" and forms for abuse, legal, or parental consent. I am thinking that if I am able to provide them with my personal information that they might send the login details to a new e-mail address.

You can send The Neopet Staff a ticket using this link - http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml and clicking 'Request Support'

I believe this needs to be done by sending it from an already existing account, so if you do not already have an account you have access to, I suggest making a new account to help retrieve your old account.

Just tell them the basis of what's going on. You have no idea what email address you used for your account, and don't remember your password, there will be a form you'll have to fill out. The form is just standard information so they can see you are who you say you are.

If I remember correctly this will be the info you will need to be able to provide:

User name of the account

Any (other) passwords that were once linked to that account

Birthday you registered the account with

Who were your neofriends

If you've purchased any neocash (if so, what did you purchase with that neocash)

If you've redeemed any rare item codes

Pets you created on that account

Items that were in your closet

Items equipped to any of your pets on that account

There's probably more questions, but that's what I remember.

It'd also be very helpful if you include information that isn't requested that could help you regain access such as;

Past trades or auctions held on that account

Listing a few items that were in its inventory

Listing a few items that were in it's safety deposit box

Items in storage shed

Last avatar obtained

Bank account balance and type of account

If you ever had premium and if so, what months you were a premium member.

Also feel free to add any other information you think they may want to know that will help them believe you are indeed the owner of that account and not just someone trying hack into someone elses account.

I hope that was helpful, and hopefully you'll get your account back soon. Just beware, TNT is known for their notoriously long awaited replies.

Good Luck!

Well...it's been a while since I logged into NP and I have forgotten my password (I also forgot my password here but I was able to retrieve it, hehe). I do not remember the e-mail I associated with my NP account, but I have tried validating with all of the e-mail addresses that I can think of. None of these work.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me figure out how to send an electronic request? The only options for users who are not logged in are "snail mail" and forms for abuse, legal, or parental consent. I am thinking that if I am able to provide them with my personal information that they might send the login details to a new e-mail address.

How long ago did you last successfully log in?

If you don't know the e-mail, and the birthday you used (sometimes kids use fake birthdays to get access to everything) you probably wont get your account back unless you can provide the information Brit suggested.

Getting access to old accounts are near impossible. Sorry buddy :/ The older your account was the more like it was actually purged from the system.

Good luck!

I had a similar issue not long ago. I was pretty sure I knew the email address that my account was associated with, but for some reason my password reset requests weren't going through to my inbox. They weren't going to my spam/junk folder or anything. Very weird. So... I went here: http://www.monkeyquest.com/en/signup/forgot-password Monkey Quest is a Nickelodeon site and Nickelodeon doesn't own Neopets anymore, but for some reason this site is still tied in with Neopets / Neopets accounts. Well... it was as of a few months ago. :P

I entered my username to reset my forgotten password... and for some reason THIS request made it to my inbox! (My hunch was correct -- I guessed the right email address.) Anyway, you might want to give it a try. It's how I got my account back. :D

I had a similar issue not long ago. I was pretty sure I knew the email address that my account was associated with, but for some reason my password reset requests weren't going through to my inbox. They weren't going to my spam/junk folder or anything. Very weird. So... I went here: http://www.monkeyquest.com/en/signup/forgot-password Monkey Quest is a Nickelodeon site and Nickelodeon doesn't own Neopets anymore, but for some reason this site is still tied in with Neopets / Neopets accounts. Well... it was as of a few months ago. :P

I entered my username to reset my forgotten password... and for some reason THIS request made it to my inbox! (My hunch was correct -- I guessed the right email address.) Anyway, you might want to give it a try. It's how I got my account back. :D

What a great idea! I am so angry I didn't think of that before my original account was purged :< I remember everyday going to look at my old user lookup and wishing i could log in.

There is a support E-Mail that I used to get mine back about 5 months or so ago, [email protected]. But yes, the things that Brit listed would help tremendously. I was AFK from NeoPets for about 4-6 years and decided I wanted to play again. I did know the E-Mail linked to it though. I have different E-Mails for all of the games I play, and they're not associated by name, so I'm surprised I remembered this one.

• 2 years later...

Sending help tickets are no longer available. i sent a message to the staff and haven't got a reply in over a year... 
 i remember the email it was connected to but i disabled it 5 years ago cause i found a hacker on my old email... 
I wanna be able to take hold of the account and transfer it to my current EMAIL.