If You Could Make Up a New RE...

deboratibi

What if you were in charge of creating a new set of random events on Neopets - let's say, 1 positive RE, 1 negative and maybe even 1 neutral. What would they be?

I was thinking about this after I dreamed that I was playing Neopets and got a RE that added numbers to the end of my pets name, and that made me so upset. But that also made me wonder how our neolives would worsen or improve if certain REs were added to the site.

Here are my choices:

Positive: "A MSP Poogle hands you a Malevolent Sentient Poogle Plushie (TCG) and runs off" (There would be chaos, but it would be worth it hahaha)

Negative: "Hey, you don't seem to be taking care of your pets! Maybe you should spend more time with them" (Effect: not being able to use the pound for a few days)

Neutral: "mr.coconut passes by and says: GOODNIGHT!"

Id make something that would go like:

You pass a neopian eating a bowl of peas,suddenly a pea drops out of the bowl,you quickly pick it up and realize its a:Gives random attack pea,you hastily return home screaming and yelling about how lucky you are.

This would help BDers and avvie collecters Win-Win :laughingsmiley:

Ooooh that sounds fun!

Positive: Congratulations! [Pet Name] found a Snowflake while playing in the snow! (It would happen while in Happy Valley.)

Negative: Dr. Sloth dropped [item] in front of you! Except when [pet name] picked it up, it injured him/her! (Lose HP, levels, or something.)

Neutral: A Cybunny hopped by you, muttering about being late to a pea party with Chias. (Spoofing Alice, but I'm not sure if that is a real RE.)

This is a fun topic, I like it! :D

Positive: "Congratulations! A drop of the Rainbow Fountain has spilled on [active pet's petpet], turning them [colour]." Random when visiting the Rainbow Faerie.

Negative: "Jhudora has decided to punish you for not visiting her, taking [5k to 10k] NP as payment." I just got the positive Illusen RE so I wonder if there's a Jhudora equivalent.

Neutral: "Looking for a vacation? Why not Meridell?" (Happens in Darigan Citadel by someone who is obviously a Meridell citizen.)

bank error in your favor: collect 1,000,000,000,000 nps! ..just kidding of course :p

Positive: *pet name* is feeling artistic. Why not paint something? (random paint brush is dropped)

Negative: You see a starving quiggle on the side of the road and decide to feed him *random food item from inventory*. His owners must not be taking good care of him.

Neutral: ARGGGHH looks like one of Edna's spells misfired. It's raining Spyders!!! (tiny images of spyders rain down computer screen)

A strange bolt of light suddenly strikes (active neopet's petpet)! I wonder where it came from?

Effect: Changes your active pet's Petpet into a random color and species. Krawks obtained from this CAN be taken to the Fungus Caves.

Oh no! A falling bucket of paint hits (your pet)!

Effect: Changes your pet into a random color, picked from Blue, Red, Brown, Yellow, Green, White, Gray, Purple, Orange, or Rainbow,

This is a fun topic, I like it! :D

Positive: "Congratulations! A drop of the Rainbow Fountain has spilled on [active pet's petpet], turning them [colour]." Random when visiting the Rainbow Faerie.

Negative: "Jhudora has decided to punish you for not visiting her, taking [5k to 10k] NP as payment." I just got the positive Illusen RE so I wonder if there's a Jhudora equivalent.

Neutral: "Looking for a vacation? Why not Meridell?" (Happens in Darigan Citadel by someone who is obviously a Meridell citizen.)

OOOh I would be furious if my active was changed.

I'll have to think on what I'd like to see... I'll come back here when I think of something

Here's another that's both negative and positive:

Oh no! (your pet) fell into a pool of magma! You manage to rescue them, but they look a little different...

This event changes your pet into a Magma pet, but it also reduces your pet to 0 hit points.

Negative event:

A mean bully walks up to (active pet). Oh no, he breaks (active pet)'s (item)! Guess you'll have to take it to the Repair Shop...

One toy in your Inventory switches to its broken version. NOTE: This can only happen if you own any toys that can be broken.

Neutral event:

It's a bit of a gloomy day today, don't you think?

The page you are on will become grayscale.

Here's another that's both negative and positive:

Oh no! (your pet) fell into a pool of magma! You manage to rescue them, but they look a little different...

This event changes your pet into a Magma pet, but it also reduces your pet to 0 hit points.

Negative event:

A mean bully walks up to (active pet). Oh no, he breaks (active pet)'s (item)! Guess you'll have to take it to the Repair Shop...

One toy in your Inventory switches to its broken version. NOTE: This can only happen if you own any toys that can be broken.

Neutral event:

It's a bit of a gloomy day today, don't you think?

The page you are on will become grayscale.

Those are really good! I especially like the gloomy day one. I think random events that change the page colours that they're on would be really fun. :)

OOOh I would be furious if my active was changed.

Mine's getting zapped, so I'm more curious than careful about what it'll turn into. We could have a nicer one where it bestows a petpet paint brush instead. :)

(your pet) is feeling a bit scrambled today...

Effect: Changes one of your pets to a random color and species.

Oh man, if that affected my non-active pet, I would go nuts. My active pet is my lab rat, so I don't mind if they change colour/species. But all my other pets? Noooo!

Positive: You find a million nenopoints added to your bank balance.

Negative: A passing Xweetok sighs and says "I wish I were a better color."

Effect: Your Xweetok will be Grey for 12 hours.

Neutral: A Usul walks to you, and says "Have you played Usuki Frenzy today?"

Positive: you help free a kindly faerie who is stuck in a tree To thank you, she rewards you with [random avatar that you don't have]

* I know this would never happen, but it would be amazing

Negative: Dr. Death appears, looking angry. 'You haven't been taking care of your pets!' As a punishment, he turns [active pet] gray.

This would only happen if your pet was starving, had low hp, was sick, etc. for many days or weeks while you were online.