I cannot believe I'm having problems with Pyramids!

leverhelven

So, I'm trying to get one more of the "easy trophies" so I can finally get a third row of thophies on my user lookup (yay!). So I went for Pyramids, which I think is quite simple.

Well... I've been playing a lot. A LOT. Everyday, a LOT. And I haven't been able to clear the Pyramid, not even ONCE yet! To get the bronze, I have to clear it twice! :sick01:

I follow all the tips from all the guides, I know the system, but still.... GAAAAH! Am I supposed to be having problems? Wasn't it supposed to be an "easy trophy"? How long did it take you guys to get it?

:stitchface:

I'd say for every 100 games I've played, I cleared it maybe 2-3 times. I'm still trying for gold, but I've only ever been able to clear it once and then the next round is absolutely terrible luck.. EVERY TIME!

The only thing I normally do is reset the game if I get a crappy first row (multiples of the same card, etc), or if I can't clear a single card in the first few draws.

It's definitely a frustrating game that requires an absurd amount of luck (same with Sakhmet Solitaire), but I feel that if you keep at it you'll eventually clear it. Good luck!

there are imo no good guides for it up (apologies if anyone here wrote one of them). i only know bc i considering writing one but it just never made the top of my neo todo list. in fairness to guide-writers, it is a game where it is easy to walk something through getting better if they are in front of you in person, but very difficult to do via text and general guidelines because unlike most neo games, you cannot simply follow a strategy and succeed.

i got it early but i am quite good at cards (and awful at other things).

i would suggest that you approach it in terms of options - iow, lets say i have two 4s showing and a run of 678 showing. in some situations, it would be better to use a 5 to move off one of your 4s than to take the on-the-surface-better-seeming run - bc you have two 4s that only a 3 or 5 will move, whereas the run can be partially or entirely moved by a LOT of different cards. same principle applies to location - yes, lower/opening up more is better, but not as an absolute rule. the odds of moving a card can outweigh that concern as well.

It's such a game of luck, there's really no skill involved in clearing the pile (hence why I would call it "easy"), just have to wait for a good set :/ There are tips to help you but it's really all about the cards you're dealt

this game took me AGES to get a bronze. Drove me nuts :S

hopefully you'll come across some nice RE's while you're playing at least!

You have to be really lucky. It took me so long to clear it once. Then I just quit, and a few days ago I tried again and again and again, I played around 37 games, and I won two times in a row.

So glad I never have to play that game again.

I would suggest to try the patience game, I don't remember the Neopets name, lol. But I got that one the same day I started playing it. [Now I also never play it again, but that's something else, haha.]

The only thing I normally do is reset the game if I get a crappy first row (multiples of the same card, etc), or if I can't clear a single card in the first few draws.

Is it possible to reset the game?! How? :O

there are imo no good guides for it up (apologies if anyone here wrote one of them). i only know bc i considering writing one but it just never made the top of my neo todo list.

i got it early but i am quite good at cards (and awful at other things).

i would suggest that rather than using the advice you see in guides, you approach it in terms of options - iow, lets say i have two 4s showing and a run of 678 showing. in some situations, it would be better to use a 5 to move off one of your 4s than to take the on-the-surface-better-seeming run - bc you have two 4s that only a 3 or 5 will move, whereas the run can be partially or entirely moved by a LOT of different cards. same principle applies to location - yes, lower/opening up more is better, but not as an absolute rule. the odds of moving a card can outweigh that concern as well.

Yeah, the guides basically teach this technique you just said, and I pay lots of attention to always follow it. Still... GAASH! Half an hour ago I managed to get to the very LAST card of the pyramid... Only to run out of extra cards trying to find a playable one. :(

There is certainly a luck element involved, but there is also a strong element of skill. Luck gives you a winnable game, skill affects your chances of winning that game once it's possible.

I wouldnt suggest resetting - tnt considers that cheating

to apply the method effectively, you do have to somewhat track what youve played. not to an exact degree but in general. if i see those 4s and none have been moved yet, thats different from seeing them and knowing 2 have been moved already.

Is it possible to reset the game?! How? :O

Paste http://www.neopets.com/games/pyramids into your address bar each time you want to and it'll give you an option to cancel the current game and start a new one.

Don't worry, I know that frustration:

26217jt.png

I've played 158 games and only cleared it once, you just have to keep playing, you'll eventually get it! c:

You have played 118 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 5 time(s).
Your current win streak is 0 game(s).

I get mostly the same play:win ratio every time. Still no gold trophy. :tired:

You have played 118 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 5 time(s).

I get mostly the same play:win ratio every time. Still no gold trophy. :tired:

Wow!

I'd be happy with the Bronze one (clearing 2 times), I just want to add a third row of trophies to my profile :sad02:

Wow!

I'd be happy with the Bronze one (clearing 2 times), I just want to add a third row of trophies to my profile :sad02:

If you know how to play Solitaire you might want to try for that one when you get fed up with Pyramids. I seem to clear that one as often as Pyramids, so if you keep at it you should get either one if you play enough :)

158?! :ohno: Oh my. Is any of the other "easy trophies" ACTUALLY easy? I've got Go Go Go, Cellblock, Snow Wars and Cheat... :stitchface:

I just got the bronze trophy! :D I got it on my 164th try!

I had 6 cards left to draw with one card on the pyramid, which was a 6. I kept drawing, I was crossing my hooves. I started to lose hope, but the very last card was a 7! I literally leaped out of my seat I was so happy. c:

I have gotten a trophy or two out of it, but honestly I lose wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than I win. I am not exaggerating the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, haha. It's a lot of luck and actually being on top of things when you DO get good cards. Sometimes if I've been playing too long my eyes get all glassy then I miss good plays. So a combination of luck and focus, in my opinion. I don't think you're having any glitches or anything like that with your game though, I believe what you're going through is quite common.

I've been really lucky with this account. I've played 98 games and already cleared it twice. I remember on my first account, It took a few hundred games before I even cleared it once.

One time, I got down to the last card with about 10 cards in the pile. None of them let me clear the pyramid. I'm trying for silver, but I have no idea how long it will take. I'm playing right now, and I got rid of a six only to uncover three more sixes. :mellow:

I've been really lucky with this account. I've played 98 games and already cleared it twice. I remember on my first account, It took a few hundred games before I even cleared it once.

One time, I got down to the last card with about 10 cards in the pile. None of them let me clear the pyramid. I'm trying for silver, but I have no idea how long it will take. I'm playing right now, and I got rid of a six only to uncover three more sixes. :mellow:

Urgh, that's so frustrating, especially when you got 3 or 4 of the same card on the bottom row. :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

I seems that I have Gold...but I have no recollection of having acquired it. So it was probably yeaaaaaaars ago and now long since faded from my memory banks.

I have played a few times since this board was created and I find it to be rather frustrating. :D

I think I am going to try and add some trophies...I don't really know how, yet, but I am going to try!

:P

I think I've got the bronze. My luck is lousy, so I'll never see gold. *haha* I remember playing it for 400 games straight and only cleared it twice. The saving grace was a couple of cool REs that netted me some nice money and items.

Like everyone else has already said, it's not that it's easy or hard, since there's very little strategy involved. It's almost pure luck. The only advice I have is to clear the outside edges before the middle, if you get a choice. It seems to be easier to go up the center than to pick off the sides. I usually make a few NP every time I play using this rule.

Best of luck!

I'm trying for the trophy too, and it's just not happening for me! I've played 50+ games and never cleared it once. What makes it even worse is that I've gotten to the top row a bunch of times with a lot of cards in my pile, and the one card I need never showed up. Congratulations on you getting it though, I'm really happy for you!

You have played 24 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 2 time(s).

Bless your heart. I don't know how I got it that fast seeing as how everyone else's ratios are a little crazy!

actually not everyone said its almost all luck ;). luck gives you a winnable game, skill still strongly affects your chances of winning it.

dont expect ratios like sahkmet. winning 1 in 40, 50 or even more is quite common, especially as game number goes up

in a related note, is there an active edna thread? i just got the av and wanted to share the info if anyone here is still studying it