Question for Possible Account

WhiteWolf

My friend borrows my laptop for NeoPets, and I'm fine with that. She wants to start a TDN account, but I'm not sure if she can do it on my computer since I already have an account. Her NeoPets account is different from mine, but neither of us wants to break any rules here.

Can she start an account here without either of us getting frozen? Thanks for any help!

What I don't understand is how is an account differentiated between one or two people if the same isp addy is used? You could be the same person using different names, etc...but say it is your buddy, cousin, sis, bro, however.....how do you tell?

I don't suppose you can tell, but it's hard to imagine that no one on Earth shares a computer either. It's a hit and miss thought. For that extremity, you would have to just give each account the shadow of a doubt. People sharing computers is actually really common, and it's foolish to just assume that multiple accounts on one isp is by the same person.

We won't really have issues with that much. There's really no benefit here to trying to get by with two accounts. (The ALP and post count are really one of the only special perks and using multiple accounts would made it harder to qualify, not easier.) The only times we really end up with a member having multiple accounts is when they have issues with their original account, so they create a new one and contact us afterwards so we merge them for them.

If a situation came up where there was an issue and we suspected multiple accounts, we wouldn't act based only on the IP address. It's something we would research thoroughly before taking any action.

Thank you, Spritzie. My friend will be thrilled! Not that she isn't already after getting her first FFQ! :)