Desert Diplomacy: Who? When? How?

hrtbrk

I had to find the telescope. I had the whole grid done so not a problem for me.

H ow do you feel about the answers getting posted on the neoboards?

The basis of Neopets users have grown by about 10 years, so I guess the difficulty is related to an adult category. For rookies and children, I guess it's OK to get answers if they got stuck in solving the puzzles. At least, I hope they'll try to understand why the answers are like this and rework their grid to match the given answers.

Considering others, well it is up to each of us to decide if we're interested in going into these topics and read the posts there:

If you have solved the puzzle by yourself, then there is no point in looking at those topics.

If you have doubts about your solution, you can always summarize your grid (when-who-what-how) and cross-check with the clues.

Woe to the thieves who took King Altador's Royal Telescope. Speak their name, the time of their trespass, and their strategy.

Princess Amira and her advisors are considering your evidence. They are most certainly not finishing up a hand of Sakhmet Solitaire. The royal guard advises you to return when the time has run out on the clock.

I made a mistake earlier in the process and ended up having to redo the entire grid today. I wish I had had the answers to cross reference with before I entered my answer. Oh well! I hope I still get a prize for being terrible at logic games.

Well I failed to read the item that was stolen... XD

Why was I in a hurry... *roll eyes*

I also failed to read the name of the item... It's totally my fault though. I'll have to remember to never try playing a logic game while sleep deprived.

I got the Illuminated Manuscript, but I wasn't actually reading the clues, just collecting the items ... I guess I'll give this some thought now.

EDIT: Hang on a sec, how do you find out which item you are solving for?? I just read the first clue and stupidly thought I was solving for Illuminated Manuscript :/

lovedwallflower you have to go to the main page. it will say MAKE YOUR STATEMENT, and you have to read what it says underneath. Mine: "Name the scoundrel who dared to lift the Illuminated Menuscript from under King Skarl's nose, as well as when and how it was done." Which means I'm solving for the Menuscript (horray!).

Oh nooo so I got the illuminated manuscript and have 90 hours to solve it but I am feeling ill migraine and sickness AND have to work so I think I am just going to have to guess an answer because I looked at JN grid and my eyes just went :weird: .. no way I can do this properly as I would like to :sad01_anim:

Good Luck to everyone else though :medieval:

MAKE YOUR STATEMENT!

Woe to the thieves who took King Altador's Royal Telescope. Speak their name, the time of their trespass, and their strategy.

I'm confident that my answers are correct, and now I have to wait another 91 hours. I seriously anticipating a plot like this (because it requires brain, not brawn).

Note: I'd rather have this plot opened up in Brightvale, you know, because it is the land of knowledge. But hard puzzle plots are always in the Lost Desert. TNT, please give me a trophy for this.

Just finished drawing and filling out my own grid and sent my answer to Neopets before checking here. I love logic puzzles, so it was a matter of pride. Great event! I wonder if we'll get something. Think it was a bit too easy for a trophy. Maybe an avatar (and then I hope that there's not some kind of bizarre rule like collecting all the clues on the day they were first available).

I'm glad they asked for different items. Kind of wish mine was more difficult, because I love these types of puzzles, but also a little glad I don't need to spend more time on it! I'll probably finish solving it later.

I had the menuscript :laughingsmiley: I solved the whoooole thing before I found out you only had to answer for one. And for me, the easiest one. Well, I'm glad I did, because I find it a little unfair to people who had harder ones to deal with.

Oh goodness... Mine is who took King Hagans' Pocket Chess.

Clues are:

~The Illuminated Menuscript was either stolen using invisibility or by bribing a guard.

~The Oasis Runners stole an item sometime before the guild who bribed a guard.

~Of the guild that used distraction and the Sun Chasers, one stole the Wedding Ring and the other committed the theft at 5:00 a.m.

~The guild that climbed the palace walls committed the theft sometime after the Wedding Ring was stolen.

~Of the guild that bribed a guard and the Pyramid Prowlers, one stole Pocket Chess and the other committed the theft at midnight.

~Neither the guild that committed the theft at 3:00 a.m. nor the guild that bribed a guard stole the Magical Blue Amulet.

~The Royal Telescope was not stolen at 3:00 a.m., nor was it stolen by the Desert Scarabs.

~The guild that used invisibility committed the theft one hour before the Dagger Clan.

~Pocket Chess was not stolen by the Sun Chasers, nor was it stolen at 2:00 a.m.

~The guild that committed the theft at 1:00 a.m. did not use a disguise.

~The Illuminated Menuscript was stolen by the Pyramid Prowlers.

~The Hand of the Anubis committed the theft one hour after the guild that used a disguise.

~The Grand Speech Scroll was either stolen at 4:00 a.m. or via the sewers.

~The guild that used the sewers committed the theft sometime after the Royal Telescope was stolen.

I am no good at this, it's too confusing for me, even with JN's grid =/

I'm very happy today! With this last clue, everything ended up fitting nicely, so I'm pretty confident about my answer! :)

This is what I had to answer:

The fair Princess Lunara lost her Magical Blue Amulet to these dastardly thieves; but who were they, and when and how did it happen?

Which is cool, because Princess Lunara is my favorite out of all those royals! (Cybunnies <3)

I'm just kinda frustrated at the loooooong waiting time. Oh well! :P