Which pet (any species/color) needs a redesign the most?

esem17

This thing is so gross. Most of the mutant pets have a creepy evil look, but this one just... ew. Lab ray did that a few weeks ago.

Ha, I'll trade you a faerie pet for a mutant one. Something about the mutants are ever so...unfortunately charming... ;)

Ha, I'll trade you a faerie pet for a mutant one. Something about the mutants are ever so...unfortunately charming... ;)

Haha I like some of them! But this one just looks sad and pathetic. Unfortunately though, the lab recently changed her into a red scorchio. I think I'd rather the mutant.

The one that needs the MOST is the Christmas Usul, already posted. It's a yellow Usul with a really badly drawn hat. That's...lazy.

Also, THE ICE BRUCE.

4.png
Remember this? Cute, right?

...well, it just doesn't make sense anymore.
4.png

I don't think people would care for not being able to customize him with clothes if he stayed in the old form!

The one that needs the MOST is the Christmas Usul, already posted. It's a yellow Usul with a really badly drawn hat. That's...lazy.

Also, THE ICE BRUCE.

4.png

Remember this? Cute, right?

...well, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

4.png

I don't think people would care for not being able to customize him with clothes if he stayed in the old form!

GASH! I don't think I had ever seen the Converted Ice Bruce before! It lost all meaning... That's pathetic! :sad01_anim:

Well, unless it has a deeper meaning, I've always wondered what the deal with the Speckled Usul is:

medium_preview.png

All other Speckled pets are green with white dots, so why is the Usul so remarkably different?! :shiftyeyes_anim:

i have a speckled usul and would never want them to change it. some of the colors become unique when used on certain pets, like how spotted is yellow with black dots for most of the pets but not for gelerts (who look like dalmatians), and desert abominable snowballs, rather than being dressed up, become a pile of water. i figured tnt felt that the usul would fit better as a tribal version for speckled rather than green spotted. what their logic really is, who knows, but i love my speckled usul. :)

Ok, the speckled usual was quite sombering, but I was CRYING with laughter at some of your suggestions guys.

/wipes away a tear.

I agree on the faerie & royal kougra, I've been trying to work out what to paint my kougra, and all my normal favourite colours on other pets, just look a little strange on the kougra. His desert paint job is pretty boring too.

However, one of the worst paints is the halloween peophin, because it's just a basic pet with a hat and a cardigan:

4.png

The kougra also misses out on the woodland front, being the only pet not to get any green/shrubs in its image:

2.png

Although the woodland jubjub is pretty bad too:

4.png

Those eyes! Those eye brows! That mouth! They look like badly stuck on stickers on a kid's activity book!

awww. that jubjub is cute, but it definitely looks less "woodland" and more "suburban lawn shrub."

HAHA! Too true.

Jubjubs do tend to look cute all the time, even with this dodgy chocolate paint job:

2.png

Except when it comes to the jubjub wraith, what a mess!

4.png

Also, the new wraith Kyrii looks like it has a double chin:

kyrii_wraith_happy.png

The baby kougra used to be the closest thing I had to a dream pet back in the day, but I just don't find the current version nearly as desirable.

I also used to really like wockys, but something about their current appearance doesn't appeal to me and I don't even know what that might be.

Quite a few of the Royal pets also underwhelm me (for example, Royalgirl Cybunny, which looks so plain compared to others, even if it is as cute as any other cybunny).

4.png

Yeah, Royals are seriously hit or miss, especially for one of the more expensive brushes.

The royal girl moehog has already been mentioned in this thread, but I think the RG Eyrie is equally as bland:

2.png

Let's compare that to how pretty the RG gnorbu is:

2.png

There's SO much more effort put into some of the royal outfits than others.

Just wanted to add: you're completely right about the older strawberry designs.

Although I find nearly all the strawberry designs garish other than the jubjub & aisha designs:

2.png2.png

I'm thinking the Lupe just needs an update in general.

You're kidding me! Lupe has some of the best designs!

(Ok, this thread has totally turned into my personal likes & dislikes of neopet species/colours)

But Lupes have the most awesome spotted, Tyrannian, Mutant & Darigan!

Let's compare mutant lupe with mutant moehog for a second:

2.png vs. 2.png

Although, they probably will get an overhaul more quickly than others, because they are so popular.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, its the horrid looking robot grundo.

4.png

any other species in robot looks a BILLION times better than this...

This looks hilarious hahahaha

Personally I'm not a big fan of any of the baby pets. If I received a baby paint brush from a daily, RE, etc., I would sell it in a heartbeat. Taking a second look at the baby pets though, the kacheek, the gelert, elephante and korbat are pretty cute. I think some of the ones that would need a redesign though are the

Cybunny, Grundo and Grarrl

4.png4.png4.png

The problem is the TNT keeps releasing new and better designs for already released coats, so the first ones look... plain. I agree that most of the robot and faerie pets could use a re-model. I don't like how TNT slaps wings on something and calls it a faerie. It's just a flying Neopet. Except for that horrid Floatsam....

4.png

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. Gill fins??

Some faeries are okay....

2.png2.png

Others are just wings on a basic color:

2.png2.png

I know some folks love the Maraquan Gelert...but, for as much as I adore Gelerts...I cannot stand the Maraquan version. :(

A Maraquan Gelert should be cute like the Shoyru or Tonu...or it should be tough like the Grarrl. Instead it some sort of...something...I dunno what it is supposed to be but I don't like it! :P

Soooooo... that's my vote.

Maraquan Gelert.

/grin

I fall into the catagory of "some folks"... I LOVE the Maraquan gelert. It has a kind of elegance about it... it's not "cute", but to me it's pretty. I think Maraquan is a color in which most of the pets look pretty good, no complaints.

The baby kougra used to be the closest thing I had to a dream pet back in the day, but I just don't find the current version nearly as desirable.

I also used to really like wockys, but something about their current appearance doesn't appeal to me and I don't even know what that might be.

Quite a few of the Royal pets also underwhelm me (for example, Royalgirl Cybunny, which looks so plain compared to others, even if it is as cute as any other cybunny).

4.png

I wish I could have made my girl Cybunny Royal. I love RoyalGirl Kacheeks too. The dress is beautiful.

I've always thought the biscuit is really hit & miss as well, like some of them look really biscuit-like with bits of chip:

2.png2.png2.png

And others are just light brown:

2.png2.png2.png

And does anyone else find the custard kau revolting???

4.png