Desert Diplomacy: Claim Your Prizes!

hrtbrk

I think the prizes are great. And honestly, I don't think we did enough work for an avatar or site theme. This wasn't a full-on plot; this was tiny. And I think with a mini-plot this mini, a stamp is also too much when we already have a book.

...I *like* books.

I think the tunic is fantastic, I like that there's a weapon that's wearable, and the plushie is really cute. I don't know what the oasis tonic does yet (it heals and is limited use, is all I know), and the other one is useless but cool-looking--but I'm cool with one useless item in a sea of more useful ones. Especially for a plot so small.

EDIT: Oasis tonic heals 35 once per battle. That's actually pretty good.

Really? They gave out the better prizes right away? Boo on that...I attempted to solve the whole logic puzzle because I thought I had to...apparently not. Figuring out the Menuscript theft was entirely too easy. I wish I had remembered to go on right away and submit. Now I'm depressed... :shiftyeyes_anim:

I only got the plushie, scarab whistle, menuscript, and the background. What's the basis on the amount of prizes you get? I got the "Who?" part of the puzzle wrong. Is that why?

The tunic was awarded to those who guessed correctly, but it appears that the staff and tonic were awarded for those who submitted their answers earlier. I personally put the wrong answer and still got everything but the tunic because I submitted on the first day of the countdown.

The tunic was awarded to those who guessed correctly, but it appears that the staff and tonic were awarded for those who submitted their answers earlier. I personally put the wrong answer and still got everything but the tunic because I submitted on the first day of the countdown.

Ah, I see. What a bummer D: I should have just guessed the first day then instead of trying to solve it out till the last few hours. XD Thanks for the reply!

I'm also a bit disappointed with the prizes, but then again, most of the time, it was just a click here and there, and answers were popping up all over the place... I was hoping for at least some kind of avatar saying "Official Palace Sleuth Genius" or something of that nature. A tiny part of me was hoping that the thieves ended up destroying the Lost Desert somehow and we got a revamp.

Still, Sandrea got a new book, and some wearables, and a cute toy, but I wish I could have done the NC part. I'm too broke to afford a loaf of bread right now, let alone NC. *sigh* That background looks gorgeous.

Anyway, I'm trying not to really complain. After all, Princess Amira could have been all uptight and moody, and had not given us anything.

I am so angry I didn't get the Staff or Tonic. I don't even know why. Uuuurgh!!! Also I was hoping for an avatar ;_;

Kaybee92, I didn't either and I played EVERY day religiously. I got two of the prizes. At least I got the menuscript, that was worth quite a bit but I am not happy either. Ugghh!!!! An avvie would have been nice.

Personally, I am not very fond of the distribution of the prizes. The prizes themselves are quite good in my opinion, especially since I didn't expect anything great (after all, it was only a simple puzzle), but the fact that it was more profitable to answer earlier (albeit incorrectly) than to answer correctly, but on the last day, left me dumbfounded. I think that those who failed to solve the puzzle should not have received anything but the participation prize.

WHAT. no avatar. no site theme!??! :arrowhead: laaame.

well I like the wearables...the staff is neat.

I agree, Shelley. I would have liked a new avatar or site theme. If there had been an avatar or site theme, what do you think it would look like?

I didn't get the staff but I submitted my answer on the 2nd day so I got everything but that oh well. I'm happy that I at least got something for submitting the wrong answer. One thing I don't get is how they let people sell their prizes immediately since people are already selling the staff in their shops. Also I'm surprised how they didn't give out an avatar or a site theme for those who completed the puzzle correctly because what's the point of participating if you can buy mostly all of the prizes from someone for neopoints.

First, I get my prizes, Then I got this in an RE:

The Mark of Ta-Kutep burns in the sky. You flee in fear!
Coincidence??

I could of swore I answered on the second day, but I only got the 3 prizes and the correct answer prize. Oh well :P

I gotta admit when I first heard of the event I thought it was going to be an event leading to a makeover of the lost desert but I guess not.

Sad theres no avatar but the prizes are nice and it was fun and better than no event at all :)

Actually, I'm kinda glad there is no avatar, because it might only be given out to SOME people and not all, remember the Spooky Food Eating Contest? I don't want a repeat of that.

I would have liked having the staff as well, but hey, I got the tunic, so I'm happy.

Actually, I'm kinda glad there is no avatar, because it might only be given out to SOME people and not all, remember the Spooky Food Eating Contest? I don't want a repeat of that.

I would have liked having the staff as well, but hey, I got the tunic, so I'm happy.

I was concerned at first there would be a repeat of the SFEC avatar incident, too :s I'm torn between being glad there was no avatar and being disappointed there was no avatar, to be honest

Just a quick question. If I don't have any NC the parchement is useless, right? I can just discard them, or should I hold on to them for some reason?

Discard them, yes. They are of absolutely no use after the NC event, other than clogging up your SDB or a decorative thing in your gallery.