September Plushie Tycoon Attempt.

chubit

Hello all! I'm trying Plushie Tycoon for the first time this month, and thought I'd create a board to see if anyone else is playing this month too.

Because I'm a PT newbie, I've been using this very good start up guide:
http://www.neopets.com/~MapleHood

Which I recommend to any & all attempting PT. This is the one recommended on the PT games board on neopets, and should be read before attempting to ask them questions.

Anyway, are you playing this September's PT? Have you played in the past?

Have you ever suffered at the hands of the dreaded PT glitch? Are you playing for the avatar (I am)? Or just for the NP?

All PT chat is welcome here.

Here is a list of all guides and help pages I, or fellow posters, have found pertaining to PT:

http://www.neopets.com/~MapleHood (Step by Step startup guide)

http://www.neopets.com/~grundytycoon (Reference guide)

http://www.neopets.com/~g_dragon (Current known glitches and how to get around them)

Forum mods: I did not find a specific board for PT September attempt, so I made my own. Although there have been PT related questions in the past, I found that each month brings new joys & tribulations, so a new board would be most appropriate.

Plushie Tycoon was one of the first game I wanted to play when I joined Neopets over 10 years ago. As you can imagine, I failed badly. So last fall, I decided to play for the avatar and I quite enjoyed it after reading guides. People on PT Neoboards are really fun and helpful too. I got the avatar on my first try and played 2 other games later on. I really enjoy it, but it's a high maintenance game so I only join when I know I have a free schedule ahead of me.

Good luck to everyone playing PT in September! If you have questions, I may be able to answer. Also remember not to tell other people which plushies you are making!!!

Thanks guys for the response - I'll add the new guide recommendation to the first post for easy reading.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get the avatar on the first go, gives me confidence about the coming game.

I do remember trying (also known as spending one day on it and then forgetting it existed) years ago on PT, but this is my first proper attempt.

Have you ever managed to make some decent money from it?

As it appears as a LOT of time and effort to put into a game for who risky the payout is.

Which just means that the fun of the game & the avatar are the rewards instead.

Yes I have made money from it. :P Around 300k total. It's not "easy" NP by any means, but it's so rewarding when you start to understand the game's mechanics.

It is very rewarding, probably because of the long wait times and the need to hire & fire workers: you feel like you're being very productive.

i havent tried seriously yet. will read guides. maybe next time. but i didn't know it was a game that was affected by other players- ""dont tell people what kind of plushies you are making""- why?

The amount of plushies of one species made effects the supply and demand of that species, which in turn effects how much it sells for, which is how you stay afloat.

Although you can tell people, once people know, it may effect what they choose to make themselves. There is probably also a way to cheat with large groups of people agreeing to make & not make certain plushies.

On the neo boards it's generally agreed that no one should say what they are making.

To get around this, if I'm asking I just say, "let's call this batch of plushies Bruces" that's vague enough that I may or may not have made a Bruce and shouldn't have any wider repercussions.

Also, you say "next time" but I made a mistake earlier and had to restart my game, so you still have time to play this month :laughingsmiley:

I've tried to do PT a few times before, failed badly every time. I may get serious about it one day just for the avatar, but not this month o.o

I said myself I'd only do it once for the avatar, but it's actually quite fun.

If I do get the avatar, I'll probably wait until the Christmas break to play again though, because it's very time intensive.