Bony Grarrl Club Now Available for Lending!

Emily

• 4 months later...

I know I'm faaaaaaar from meeting some of the requirements, my collat in the bank is not there yet, though I'm collecting and collecting ^^ though my account is more or less old in comparison to the requirement :)) and maybe I would've the nps needed, but I was a too big spender ;p I mean, what's the avatars for, if I don't take care of the pets themselves? :P
As I've read the full text on requirements, I have just a couple of questions, like, you know, for the future:

"When you're ready to return the item, you need to consider other Neofriends you have that may try to bid on the item. The safest way to prevent something happening is to remove all friends from your account until after the auction is over, and then re-add them. You may also choose to inform active friends that you are returning a lend and ask them not to bid. If someone outbids the lender on the return auction, the borrower is responsible for getting the item back. If they are unable to, we keep the collateral for the lend and, needless to say, the borrower will no longer be eligible to participate in the Avatar Lending Program. Also, a bunch of people will probably be pretty mad at you for losing the item :P"

how am I to understand this? I mean, why making an auction, instead of a trade, if I cannot impact other people not to bid on my auction, can I? Or you mean just making an "only for friends" auction, and keep the lender as the only friend, yes? This is the solution? How about the trades, then?

Also, how about just feeding the grarrl before, and e.g. sending you the printscreen of a fully-fed grarrl (of course the printscreen would have the date of when was it taken)? Doesn't this sound fair? I have never put my pet into neolodge yet, and I don't even have grarrl now, but I'm just asking :) cheers and regards :rock:

how am I to understand this? I mean, why making an auction, instead of a trade, if I cannot impact other people not to bid on my auction, can I? Or you mean just making an "only for friends" auction, and keep the lender as the only friend, yes? This is the solution? How about the trades, then?

The Trading Post Neopoint limit is 2 million, I believe. As the collateral is 20 million, it's necessary to use the Auction House. So, yes, the idea is that you will have a "NeoFriends only" auction, and remove other friends.

Also, how about just feeding the grarrl before, and e.g. sending you the printscreen of a fully-fed grarrl (of course the printscreen would have the date of when was it taken)? Doesn't this sound fair? I have never put my pet into neolodge yet, and I don't even have grarrl now, but I'm just asking

I believe that the Neolodge is the only 100% certain way to be sure that a pet WILL NOT eat. Even when a pet is "Very Bloated" on occasion they may still accept food. You simply don't want that risk with an item worth 150 million NP. The Neolodge is safe, and only costs a few hundred NP.

Honestly, when using the ALP, it's best to follow the rules exactly as they're stated. It's safer, and it's more respectful of what TDN staff have asked. They know what they're doing. :)

As Wildbreeze stated it is best to follow our ALP rules  because it shows respect and also because we know what we're doing.

The reason we have the rules and requirements this way is several years ago we had a BGC available for lending and someone accidentally fed it to their Grarrl it took us YEARS to be able to have enough funds to purchase a new one. We want to ensure as much as possible that we aren't going to lose this very expensive item due to someone's carelessness. It's not fair to our staff, or to the community wishing to borrow this item.

You don't have to lodge your pet for several days, it can just be a few days and it's not that expensive. As for your neofriends if you remove them for the security of the auction then just wright down or transfer their names to a notepad document and re-add them afterwards. It is not a big deal, a bit of a pain if you have lots, but I believe it's worth the extra work to get an avatar you may not ever get otherwise. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taking requests on a case by case basis. Like I said, if certain requirements are overmet, I'm willing to let others go a lot lighter. When in doubt, send in a request and I'll either set up the lend, or message you back to let you know why it was denied :)

• 5 months later...

Amazing that the Bony Grarrl Club is in the ALP! Congrats!  :woot: Now having read the posts, tdn members like me, have a lot to do before we can get in line for this, like have 10 Easy To Sell items that are worth 18 million... hmm : Pirate Flotsam Morphing Potion    94,000 np (OMG! when did this happen?)

Pirate Krawk   Morphing  Potion   180,000 np

Pirate Draik     Morphing  Potion   180,000 np

Baby Paint Brush                           580,000 np

Swamp Gas Paint Brush                120,000 np 

Looks like I am going to have to work really hard, much harder with only 5 million in the bank.  :sad02:

Well, my posts are pretty low too and I have 15 site trophies (unless trophy1.gif 75 kads fed ) counts? Yeah, I got a long way to go. 

I'm still young, I can keep trying. Who's with me?  :rambo:

is there anyway to barrow it for cheaper?

Our lender of the BGC takes every application on a case by case basis. The requirements outlined on the BGC lending page over in the ALP are the base requirements. If you have more or less of something you may be able to get reduced collateral for the item.

Amazing that the Bony Grarrl Club is in the ALP! Congrats!  :woot: Now having read the posts, tdn members like me, have a lot to do before we can get in line for this, like have 10 Easy To Sell items that are worth 18 million... hmm : Pirate Flotsam Morphing Potion    94,000 np (OMG! when did this happen?)

Pirate Krawk   Morphing  Potion   180,000 np

Pirate Draik     Morphing  Potion   180,000 np

Baby Paint Brush                           580,000 np

Swamp Gas Paint Brush                120,000 np 

Looks like I am going to have to work really hard, much harder with only 5 million in the bank.  :sad02:

Well, my posts are pretty low too and I have 15 site trophies (unless trophy1.gif 75 kads fed ) counts? Yeah, I got a long way to go. 

I'm still young, I can keep trying. Who's with me?  :rambo:

There's no rush in meeting the requirements, just do your best and work hard!

With that all being said our BGC is currently unavailable because the account that was holding it was hacked and items were stolen, one being our BGC. We are still waiting on TNT to resolve the issue and hopefully return it to us. We worked really hard to get a 2nd one after the 1st one was fed to someone's Grarrl years ago. It will hurt quite a bit to have to replace this item. This thread will now be locked as there's no point discussing something we don't have right now.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins).

Our BGC is unavailable for lending.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Mouseykins if you have any questions regarding this action.