Bony Grarrl Club Now Available for Lending!

Emily

But to have 8 item amount to 140m, it means one of them is almost 20m. All those items only cost 11m. The most expensive item in hidden tower is 16.8m. And 16.8*8=134.4m 6m short. I ask this because I might try for the full price thing. If I empty my teasury, I reckon I will have about enough. Or so I hope.

I am not that great in dicussion. And posting a comment here and there is expressly forbidden.

Why are you limited to 8 items?

The Trading Post item limit is 10 items. A Pirate Captain's Cutlass (16mil) x 9 = 144mil. PCCs are a lot easier to sell than a Sword of Lameness.

I actually wouldn't recommend full collateral Lending at this point until the Neopian economy stabilizes/recovers from this whole item dupe situation.

But yes, 9 PCCs for 140mil is acceptable. Just not at the moment (item lending is suspended anyway)

I'm relieved that the requirements are as high as they are. I think that should help prevent people from being careless with such an expensive item.

I do have a question for when the economy settles down and item lending is back up: When someone is lent the BGC and gets the avatar, should they put it back up for a NF only auction, or would it be possible to just directly send the item to whoever lent it to them and put a cheap item up for 20mil in the auction house to receive their collat back? Obviously I don't meet all the requirements yet, but I would be concerned about one of my neofriends possibly seeing it and not turning out to be as honest and trustworthy as I had thought. I'm a little paranoid sometimes.

item dupe?? what item dupe? I am so out of it now. I rarely follow any news. Just do my dallies and games. Can you point me to where I can find more info? I think I saw nothing unusual in the threads here. (Admittedly, I just sort of glance at the forums once in awhile. Which is why I think I would have enough money before I can have 500 posts here.)

So is this why the pcc I saw in trade are only 13.5m np....

item dupe?? what item dupe? I am so out of it now. I rarely follow any news. Just do my dallies and games. Can you point me to where I can find more info? I think I saw nothing unusual in the threads here. (Admittedly, I just sort of glance at the forums once in awhile. Which is why I think I would have enough money before I can have 500 posts here.)

So is this why the pcc I saw in trade are only 13.5m np....

Dupe = duplication

Many items were duplicated, and thus illegitimate.

The big 3 were duped and given out like candy.

Very exciting news! I don't think I'll be able to get this for a year! It's the 500 posts that'll get me.

You're not alone - I'm on what I hope to be the 1 year plan. I still have to get 1/2 the trophies, about 8 mil in NP, 3 avi's and about 170 posts....I'm hoping it all comes together about the same time :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dupe = duplication

Many items were duplicated, and thus illegitimate.

The big 3 were duped and given out like candy.

Where are these items now?

Can someone link me to an article about it so I can know what's going on?

Where are these items now?

Can someone link me to an article about it so I can know what's going on?

Many who sold and bought the big 3 or other big ticket items were frozen, so the items are gone.

I'm sure there are small items such as codetones and what not still floating around, but it would be almost impossible to track those down!

Many who sold and bought the big 3 or other big ticket items were frozen, so the items are gone.

I'm sure there are small items such as codetones and what not still floating around, but it would be almost impossible to track those down!

Wow.

See, I can't understand cheating because...

I love my account, the only reason I would cheat is to better my account, but cheating threatens my account and I would never do that.

If I didn't care about my account, I guess I wouldn't be scared to cheat... But why bother if you don't care? Isn't that just a massive waste of time?

Seriously, I've never understood it.

Sorry, guys, but this isn't the place to discuss the merits of cheating. Feel free to make a board for it but please refrain from posting here unless you have a question about the BGC

Sorry for rambling off topic, I'll move such discussions elsewhere (maybe to debate?).

I did want to ask though - people have said that *lending is offline right now* is that a TNT restriction? Or something that TDN/ALP has decided until things have calmed down?

Sorry for rambling off topic, I'll move such discussions elsewhere (maybe to debate?).

I did want to ask though - people have said that *lending is offline right now* is that a TNT restriction? Or something that TDN/ALP has decided until things have calmed down?

We, TDN ALP, decided prior to the server move that we didn't want any lends going on while the servers were down, so we halted lends prior to the move. Unfortunately, Neopets came back with a lot of glitches, including the item duping one, so we decided it wasn't safe to lend our items out (especially the expensive ones) when there was a risk of duping or other glitches (trading post and auctions both were not working shortly after the server move.) At this point, we're sorting through requests and working on starting lends back up :)

• 1 month later...

WOW. I have 0 of those requirements!

I'm glad that they're doing everything in their power to make sure that the item is safely returned and no one gets messed over. I'm just sad I have no requirements! Maybe in another year or so!

I have a question. What would happen if the item is stolen (From a random) What happens then? I know it say they want allot of stuff in your inventory and not to roam around, but if the inevitable happens?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

We try to minimize the risk as much as we can, but in the very, very small chance that happens, there's not much we can do. We've had items go missing before from REs.

Firstly, even if an item goes missing as a result of an RE, you DO NOT get your collat back, and we state this in the lending rules. You don't give us the item back, you don't get your collat back. If something goes missing while in your possession, it's also acceptable for you to buy a new one yourself, and then offer that back to us to get back whatever collat you offered, as we're still getting the item back.

Secondly, we can submit a ticket to TNT asking if they can look into what happened to the item. I've had to do this one other time, and TNT was able to confirm that the item was sold by a user and not lost as a result of an RE. If it was an RE, no further steps are taken, and we put whatever collat we have towards replacing the item. However, if we get confirmation that it's not from an RE, we report the user who stole the item as a scammer.

We do keep an eye on people when we lend them things. Not going into details, but if we notice anything sketchy that suggests people are being reckless with our items, they will not be allowed to borrow from us again.

Hello! I'm working on getting myself up to standards for the requirements (my Neopets account is in good shape, I need to get up my post count and figure out collat), so I was wondering if there were suggested items that are to considered ETS to make up the 18 mil in items to do the trade over the trading post? Thanks for the amazing program!!!

Elyse

• 2 months later...

Does your main have to be 5 years or does side accounts count? My main is only little above 1 year but my oldest side is almost 3 years.

starrdomm, I think paint brushes/stamps/BDitems would work.

When we evaluate anyone for any sort of lending, we only consider their main account. Sides are too easy to say "this is mine" regardless of if it is, and sometimes sides get accumulated from others (even if that is against the T&C). As such, we don't take sides into consideration for ALP lends. If you want a BGC lend, your main will need to be the appropriate age.

starrdomm: Oh wow sorry you went so long without a reply! If you want to know about specific items you'll need to talk to the relevant member if item lending, but as a general rule, stamps, books, and PBs are considered ETS. Beyond that things get a little more iffy- some BD items and morphs will sell with a little dedicated advertising, while others will just sit forever. Again, when you're ready to be lent, start with PBs and stamps, and speak to the person who replies to your app about specifics. It's safer than just posting here. ;) If you need to make some changes to how your collat is set up they can work with you.

• 2 weeks later...