Please TDNF Family - Everyone Please Help Me!

nightfall8705

Someone very dear to my heart is going through an incredibly hard time right now. His name is Peter, and he has been having to deal with his mother Maureen's ailing health.

This is the second time within the last couple of years that she has had cancer. Her health has continued to decline. She has terminal cancer in both of her lungs that have spread to other parts of her body. According to Peter in his last email to me, she may have stopped responding to treatments. She is going in for another scan, but the doctors have hinted that she may not have much longer to live at all.

I have created a Group Card for Maureen a couple of years ago, and it really touched her that people came together just to offer her a message of hope... a message of love and encouragement.

I have since created yet another card for her and her son.

And so, I ask each and every one of you to please take a moment to write a note for both of them. They need the hope, the strength, the encouragement. They need the love and prayers. I really want this card to help them during this difficult time, and it would mean so much to me if you all would please contribute and please pray for them and their family.

Please help me help Maureen and Peter stay strong!

Thank you for reading and especially thank you for taking the time to help make a brave lady stay strong and hopeful for blessings and healing during her cancer fight! <3

The Group Card link is here: http://www.groupcard.com/c/e7SHRJqaVF3

What a beautiful thing you're doing for this family. I hope our messages prove that there's a whole world out there to support them in their fight <3 I'll keep them in my thoughts

Thank you all for signing this card. Next week, I will take the link (hopefully with lots of signatures and messages!) and email it to Peter, who will in-turn use the wifi at the hospital to show this card to his mother, like he did the last one I made for her a couple of years ago when her treatments started back. It really touched Maureen and gave her a boost of strength to make it through all of the chemo treatments. She really is a brave lady to endure all of this and her son has sacrificed a lot (even his own health) to be by her side during this difficult time. I just want to bring a little bit of joy and comfort to them by doing this. Everyone who signs helps lift their spirits!

Thanks everyone!

The idea of this card is this: I created this online card as a card of encouragement for Maureen and Peter. It's kind of like an ecard, but instead of one person signing it, people around the world can sign it too. It's kind of like one big card from everybody. I will send the link to this card to Peter, who in turn will pull it up on his iPad at the hospital where his mother is and read the messages together.

Two things I must note: Maureen's cancer has spread to other parts of her body. I was told that more will be revealed about her current status on Monday when test results come back. Maureen IS terminal, but I am hoping this card brings her some comfort during what time she has left. The second thing I must note: Maureen is a widow and she is somewhat religious as a Christian, so please keep that in mind when writing a note. She has a son and daughter, but her son Peter has been by her side almost constantly. He is not as religious as his mother, but he appreciates any thoughts, prayers, or what not, as he is trying to be strong for both of them.

I can't believe that this card already has nearly 50 signatures and notes. I am so happy that you all have signed. I can't thank you all enough!

Signed! I'm not the best at words when it comes to things like this, nor am I really religious so I can't say anything about prayers like most people would do, but I can definitely give them virtual hugs.