Officially over "The Coincidence"

Rune Valentine

According to an Editorial answer two weeks ago, you apparently can't get those nice retired avatars from The Coincidence at the moment (and knowing TNT, it'll probably be forever)

Hey, TNT! When the "Aboard The Coincidence" daily was initially released it was possible to receive retired avatars. Is this still a possibility or was this feature taken away? ~kauldron
It was bugged and is currently removed.

Personally, I only ever did this daily because I wanted a chance at a shiny, retired avatar. All I've ever gotten from The Coincidence are stat decreases and a whole fat wad of nothing. I was getting frustrated with the Lutari Scientist and his horrible face, but the prospect of a retired avatar kept me going. Now that it's off the table, I don't think I'll ever go back. Not paying 5k+ for junk - I can't even be bothered to decline now and come back the next day.

What annoys me even more is "It was bugged and is currently removed". Um, what about FIXING it? How about that? Instead of releasing broken things and just taking them out, what ever happened to fixing something that's broken? Ugh. :thumbsdown:

Anyone else totally over with this annoying daily?

Hah! I've been over it for a long time...I'm not throwing my np down the hole for nothing (I'll save that for the wheel of extravagance haha) - I probably tried for about a month and literally got nothing from it and then I called it quits. If they ever fix the avatar portion I'll play every day, but until then no thank you...

They removed the ability to get avatars after the first day (I don't think it even lasted 24 hours before the uproar caused them to put that aspect of the Coincidence Daily on "hold").

I think that it was pretty poorly handled overall, imo.

I still do it daily, though, because I am still way ahead so far as what I have gotten out of it vs what I have put into it.

I got a Dragonfly Nymph (that I was able to sell for 1.8m), a few robotic petpets (one of which allowed me to create a Zamillion at the Cooking Pot), a couple TGC cards (one was UB), and, while I have LOST a fair number of stats points...I have ADDED more (by far). I have three times gotten a stat increase of 9pts and several times gotten 1-5 points.

While most days I get NOTHING (or a slight decrease in stat points), I still get a positive result now and again and it will take me a looooong time to end up in the negative with Dr. Landelbrot. For now, for me, it is worth the daily chance.

Heck, it costs FARRRRRRR less than the Wheel of Extortion and I spun that blasted thing daily for WAYYYYYY too long (Millllllions of nps before I finally got the blasted avatar!) /grin

If you keep with it I hope your luck turns for the better!

Cheers!

:P

I haven't been doing this "daily" since the event is over. Well I did it the first day, but then I stopped to bother immediately. It was pretty clear to me that they had removed the possibility to receive any avatars when firing the machine. Maybe you missed the memo?

Tell me about it. I quit the Coincidence after losing precious stats after precious stats.

What I think is unfair is how some people got the Godori avatar on the first day of the Coincidence, before they removed the chance to get avvies. Like, come on, that avvie wasn't even officially released!!! I wonder if those users got to keep it. If so, that is HUGE unfairness.

I haven't been doing this "daily" since the event is over. Well I did it the first day, but then I stopped to bother immediately. It was pretty clear to me that they had removed the possibility to receive any avatars when firing the machine. Maybe you missed the memo?

To be honest, the way they worded it, I'd always just thought they adjusted it so it was less of a chance to get an avatar, not completely removed :rolleyes_anim: I was tricked by their wording. Sneaky devils :shiftyeyes_anim:

I don't think they even thought about that unreleased avatar, to be honest. It was pretty much like "well, we can't be bothered to fix our mess, let's just shove it under the carpet"

And they wonder why they keep losing players...geez.

i used to do the daily every day until a few months ago when i found out that the avatar was unavailable. :( now, i only do it if the total value of the items it asks for is under 1k or so. that means that i skip it most days. i know that it has a small chance of giving rare p3s, so i'll still do it if it's cheap. but i always make sure that my battle pet isn't active because it has reduced my pet's stats way more often than not. :\

I think I'm going to trow in the towel on this daily do. I'm sick of completing it and getting nothing, or when I do my battle pet which is my active pet will lose stat points. I haven't gotten anything good from this daily and with the hope of retired avatars gone, what's the point? I get more rewards from random events.

I was sick of it as soon as it became a daily. I'd gotten the Rubbish avatar right before, so all the junk that I could have used was already gone. >.>

I wouldn't feel right about getting a retired avatar from it anyway, since I wasn't around to earn it. xP

I've only been doing this daily for the stat increases since I heard it was no longer giving out avatars. Of course I only do it when he asks for items that are dirt cheap, otherwise I come back the next day. At the moment, I'm ahead when it comes to stats given out by the coincidence. I've received more than have been taken away. But in terms of dailies, it's pretty lame. Quite a disappointment actually.

I got lucky and got a p3 as one of my first prizes, but even then, the daily is too expensive to do every day when those high-end prizes are rare. I'm not sure how I'd feel about retired avatars being re-released through the daily if they had decided to keep that function. That's kind of touching on the age-old Avatar Chat debate of old accounts having an unfair advantage from retired avatars versus retired avatars being thoughtful commemorations/prizes of participating in the event. They aren't really special for people who participated in the events if you can get them through an unrelated daily. I lean more towards wanting to keep the retired avatars rare and special, but I recognize that my account is on the older end and I do benefit from retired avatars when it comes to avatar count.

I was kind of put off by it since it came out as a daily and the junk was still rediculously expensive. I'll complete it if it's stuff I have in my SDB or the items are really cheap. I don't think I've ever gotten anything good from it, though.

I also think the avatar thing was a little unfair, since only people who've been around since those avatars were out and managed to get them have them. If they're going to just hand them out, they should either make it available as a very difficult, rare option for everyone, or they shouldn't have done it at all. Not cool just to give them out to a group of random people for a day and then not let everyone else have the chance.

Like others, I too had given up long ago. 2 days after the event was over was when I stopped doing it, I didn't get anything wasn't even worth my time searching. So I just stopped clicking it.

I actually normally skip that daily, because the first time I tried the items they asked for were slightly pricy and I got a stat decrease. I read about some stat increases and tried again today, and I got an increase for 5 NP.... maybe I'll do it more often. ;)

I stopped doing it daily a long time ago because most of the time nothing happened. I've gotten more stat decreases than increases, but when it did increase it was by at least 4-5 points/levels. Never got a rare item. Now I only do it if the items are cheap, which isn't often.

I have mixed feelings about the avatars. On one hand I'd be angry if they were giving out retired avvies to accounts that were like 6 months old, but on the other hand I feel that my account is so old that I deserve the retired ones I missed out on. I dunno, can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose. :)

My main reason doing the daily were the avvies. I still find it quite unfair that you can't obtain the retired one, be it so with a lot of hard work or luck. So I was happy when I learned about this opportunity and I was hoping they're going to fix it. But obviously it's not going to happen. :( So I'm not interested in the daily any longer...

I've never got anything good from it. But I noticed it asks similar items during the day so the prices are high. So if I don't buy them and wait a day or two, they're back to 1-2 NP. Then I do it. Sometimes I forget about it and wait even longer but I don't miss it at all :)

Of course, some items never deflate - dried prunes, landfish etc. I don't even bother checking their prices anymore, directly cancelling if they happen to be asked for.