Favorite Ethnic Cuisine?

Naamah D.

I'd have to say that my favorite is Indian food. My mom makes homemade vindaloo and saag and it is so good! I also like naan bread and chutney. Now I'm getting hungry for more of the lamb saag I had for lunch.

Anyone else?

Oh my gosh! I'm a fantastic member!!!

Mmmm I have to go with authentic Greek food - soooo yummy. Okay now I want greek food, and it's 9 AM.

I was raised on generic greek food from a chain, then this local place opened up by my house a few years ago and I'm IN LOVE.

I can't pick. When I read the title I was immediately like Vietnamese....because Pho...and Bahn Mi. But I also really love Thai food.

But then I read this:

Mmmm I have to go with authentic Greek food - soooo yummy. Okay now I want greek food, and it's 9 AM.

and I was like yeah Greek food. Growing up I had a lot of Greek friends so I've had the chance to have some very authentic goodies (and I've been to Greece - so I definitely got the traditional stuff there as well).

So I suppose it's kind of a 3-way tie. AKA I'm indecisive and I can't pick just one.

Oh man, that's a tough call. I loved the food in China when I visited, especially real dumplings, but there's also a Mediterranean cafe and a Lebanese restaurant down the street and both have delicious food.

This thread is making me hungry, thinking about all this good food <3

I love the Mediterranean cuisine, be it Greek, Turkish, Italian, Spanish, Tunisian, Moroccan, Lebanese... They're different, of course, but all share a common feeling for me... Mmmm, I love it!

But I also love most of the Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese food I've tried. Middle East cuisine too. European cuisine. Oh my. I think I just love food :) :) :)

I love Greek, real Mexican (not that Taco Bell stuff), and Italian. I can never get enough Italian. There's a great Italian restaurant three blocks from my house that makes the best Chicken Picatta and pizza on earth.

Japanese food for sure. My dad used to live in Japan, plus we have a bunch of friends that like to visit, so we can make some pretty authentic stuff. Especially when we go to this local market that has EVERYTHING Asian related for super cheap. I've kind of grown up on it...

Also, Mexican food is good too. I've grown up with Mexican neigbors, so... I've become spoiled regarding tortillas, horchata, tamales...

I like Mexican and Italian as well. I live in SoCal, so it's pretty easy to find good authentic Mexican food so close to the border. Don't get me started on Horchata.......

I forgot about Mexican & Italian food. I loveeeeeeeee italian food. I've recently been loving penne vodka. I used to love Mexican food too, but lately I've stopped eating it idk why. I've only eaten Taco Bell stuff and Qdoba. I don't remember if I've had authentic Mexican food

I love American food though (burgers, mac & cheese, fries, etc.)

I love the Mediterranean cuisine, be it Greek, Turkish, Italian, Spanish, Tunisian, Moroccan, Lebanese... They're different, of course, but all share a common feeling for me... Mmmm, I love it!

I think I'm going to have to agree. My sister brought me back a spice set from Turkey and it's been so awesome to look up recipes and experiment.

I love all cuisines though. Trying new things all the time means I never get bored! :)

Ethnically chinese here and I loooove korean and japanese food! Indian food is quite yummy as well and so is mexican food! I don't tend to like purely Western/European foods that much because there's a greater emphasis on meats (I'm vegan leaning) but Italian pasta omgggggggggggg

All Mediterranean here....Greek, Italian, Turkish, and Spanish cuisines all top my list. :D

I also enjoy Japanese, Central American (Mexican, Costa Rican), Indian, and German.

I have a global palate!

(and now I am hungry!)

/grin

:P

Persian food tops my list. Just the smell of the spices as they're cooking makes me hungry!

I have friend who's Persian and he used to cook ALL THE TIME for us - his mom even did for us once, it was ridiculous! I asked to be adopted. But I don't look Persian at all. :(

I love Thai,Japanese,and Mexican food although it's really the only different type of food I had besides American food. There used to be a old Japanese woman who ran this little restaurant next to a finance place and she made really good Japanese food. Every Friday I used to go with my mom to visit my aunt and uncle and we would order food from there for dinner. The woman moved back to Japan though so the restaurant isn't open anymore but there's a restaurant that serves hot wings there now but I haven't ate there. There isn't very much variety here so it's hard to find a place that serves food from different cultures that are cooked well.

I think Southern American food is among the best on earth (but not exactly the best for you!) After that, I think authentic Asian foods and desserts, followed by authentic Mexican food is my favorite. I want to try African, Indian, and various Middle Eastern food someday too.

I'm cheating... my answer is Asian Cuisine, muahahahaha! :evil: I can't pick between Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Chinese... I love it all, yummy!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ALL OF THEM because I really like food. :P

In seriousness, I've been having a lot more Vietnamese and Thai dishes recently, and I'm loving that. I'm trying to learn how to cook chinese-style dishes as well; I have all my family's old recipes but they're kind of difficult to decipher (and I'm a bad cook!).

I also have to say, "American" food should totally count; I was abroad for a while and I missed it sooo much. You might not think that American food has remarkable characteristics, but there's something distinctive about it that I can't quite identify. I am so excited to have American-style pizza again, among other things.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Mm I'm going to have to add another vote for Korean. I didn't realise how much I missed it until my mum brought me home some takeaway bibimbop and the smell almost made me want to cry. My favourite is kimchi pancakes :P

Italian is kind of the default food for me because it doesn't really feel ethnic at all. There's just so much of it everywhere. So that's the taste of my home (even though I have no Italian relatives). I also love Vietnamese and Spanish food. Unfortunately Spain and Korea (my two favourites) don't have much in the way of vegetarian food, but I do my best :D