ugh, stress, grumble, grumble, stress, oh hello!

minniemeggie

I feel like I have been on a roller coaster for months but it hasn't even been a full month since I have posted here in the forums. It has been a CRAZY few weeks and I just haven't had the time or energy for neopets, or showering. But I missed you guys so I made it a point to carve out some time to come say hello.

Life has been insane, as some of you might remember me, my husband, and my kids (my 4 year old son, my two nephews 11 and 14) had to relocate to a nearby city to care for my father in-laws state. Meanwhile our house was being cared for by our roommate and a renter we had to supplement our income while we were away. We have a lot of animals at our house, I like to call it an urban farm, we live in Austin, TX but own a nice little chunk of land and we have two goats, 4 chickens, a blind dog and three cats. So leaving all this behind was very stressful, so you can imagine how delighted we were when the last thing keeping us in this city (living with my father) sold! My father in laws house sold within 3 HOURS of being put on the market. While we still have a lot to do getting the house on the market was the most involved process.

Unfortunately when we drove up to see our house which we hadn't seen in months, we learned that the previous night during a storm instead of being brought inside (the garage usually, its huge) the goats were left outside and as goats do the climbed the roof and in fear they destroyed 3 of our solar panels and destroyed our roof which in turn caused some of the framework of our old home to collapse. So basically our home is unlivable until we can fix it, which will probably take close to six months. But we can't stay with my father so we rented an apartment.

We signed the lease today, which was exciting, but unfortunately since Austin's rent has gone up so MUCH we could only afford a two bedroom apartment with a small study since we also have to get a storage unit for most of our belongings, we have a five bedroom house with two living rooms, a study and a 'library' which is really just an air conditioned attic with a lot of book shelves and chairs, so yah, a lot of stuff.

Now remember the animals? well luckily my dad has agreed to care for them in the meantime at his ranch, well except for the goats :< my dad hates goats. So now we have to sell our goats.

But in all reality everything is turning out great, we really needed to do some serious remolding on our house and now insurance is paying for almost everything!

Anyway I have a decent amount of free time the next few days since the kids will be with my dad taking a mini road trip and was really looking forward to going hard on some neopets! Haha what great timing I have. pffft. How have you all been?

Oh my gosh, that just sounds like one thing after another after another after another!! I'm so sorry D:

Usually how it is in life for some (myself included), unfortunately <.<

I'd have to blame RNG on that xP

It's good that insurance is paying for a good portion of it. I'm sorry you have to sell your goats. Goats are like lawn mowers, why would anyone dislike having them? D=