What are Mystery Capsules?

I've always seen them in the mall but never really looked into them as I am poor [in real life, not just neopets life.] so I could never afford to buy neocash to get one.

But now that TNT has been so kind and gifted us all with 150 nc, I figured it was time to find out.

Do you just get random items or? Are they even worth it or should I save mine up to see if I get lucky with the Expellibox and try to get a Fortune Cookie?

Please and thank you for your help! :thumbsup:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets General Chat to Customization & NC Mall Chat.

It depends on which capsule you get! Most caps now will award theme-specific items that you can't get anywhere else, like the Dark Prism Mystery Capsule. Other caps like the Retired Blinking Halloween Shop Mystery Capsule will give out retired Halloween themed items.

Now if the cap is part of a Mystery Capsule Adventure, like the dreams & nightmares, you aren't guaranteed to get a specific themed item. Those are considered bonus items, while the regular reward is an item worth at least 150 NC that is currently buyable in the mall.

This guide can also help explain the differences between mystery caps and retired caps. Overall, it's important to read the description before you buy a capsule so you'll know what to expect. :)

• 1 year later...

I just bought the Tribal Mystery Capsule and I got this Beach Picnic Background and Tribal Print Purse. The Picnic Background is really pretty I can't wait to use it on one of my pets! 

http://wardrobe.jellyneo.net/preview/?id=60110

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.